Tesco lean lamb mince

Ambermaria23

Hi
Looking forward to making the doner kebab and wondered if the tescos lean lamb mince had many syns- I can't for life of me find extra lean lamb mince!!

Xxx

Tesco, Lean Lamb Mince, Less Than 16% Fat, 400g pack, chilled, 100g 3½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDExtraEasy','')3½ javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...h1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDOriginal','')11 javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl0...arch1$GridView_Products$ctl07$LBADDGreen','')

well it's 3.5syns for 1/4 of the pack, so up to you really. :)

I can never, ever, ever find extra lean mince of any description in Tesco - they do actually do it then? Ive got a mega huge 24h Tesco Extra thing.:confused:

Amandy85 said:
Was tesco 24/7 i was at too up in freah isle nxt to all mince extra lean mince 2for6 quid

Is that lamb mince though?

I can only ever find lean lamb mince. I even visited a local butcher and asked him for x lean but he said it would cost a fortune ( and they're expensive at the best of times!!)

What percentage of fat would be acceptable to class the lamb mince as extra lean?

Oopsie, I've been eating lean lamb mince thinking it was free.....durr!!! Hasn't affected my losses tho, thank goodness!

Less than 5% fat is considered to be extra lean, I think. That's the figure I use anyway and it seems to have worked OK.

Denise

Less than 5% fat is considered to be extra lean, I think. That's the figure I use anyway and it seems to have worked OK.

Denise

I use less than 5% beef mince, but can't find anything near that in lamb, I think 10% is the lowest I have seen in that, and turkey mince is also 10%

It depends what part of the turkey they use to mince - breast is less than 5% but thigh or other parts are fattier

It depends what part of the turkey they use to mince - breast is less than 5% but thigh or other parts are fattier

So, less than 5% fat, is what is classed as extra lean?
No wonder when I made a recipe using turkey mince, I thought they were nice and juicy, must have been the fat!

Lean meat is syn free but mince has to be extra lean, probably because mince can have all sorts of junk in it depending on which cut of meat they choose to use

Lean meat is syn free but mince has to be extra lean, probably because mince can have all sorts of junk in it depending on which cut of meat they choose to use

arghh kind of thought this as Asda didnt have any extra lean this week, just the lean. Phoned my friend who is doing sw too and she said "as long as it is lean" damn damn now i need to syn it - thanks though

Back