Tesco Rotisserie Chicken

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by meadowbankles, 23 June 2014.

1. meadowbankles

meadowbankles Well-Known Member

Hi all, can anybody tell me if the cooked hot Tesco rotisserie chicken is free on EE, please?
  2. WannabeThinna

WannabeThinna Well-Known Member

I couldn't find Tesco's specifically, but in the basic foods section rotisserie chicken is 4.5 syns per 100g. The supermarkets put a sugary glaze on them to make them brown nicely, I expect that's why.
  3. Spaniel2

Spaniel2 Active Member

Asda don't put a glaze on theirs, I thought the syns were if you ate it as sold i.e. with the skin on.
  4. jen3

jen3 Well-Known Member

Theres always been confusion with this. But we were told in class recently that the rotisserie chickens are free as long as you dont eat the skin
  5. Squares76

Squares76 Well-Known Member

Yes I've always been led to believe that all pre-cooked chicken is free as long as you remove the skin
  6. burstingattheseams

burstingattheseams Well-Known Member

They used to be pumped with oil to make them more succulent (seemingly) so weren't free. However I think that practice has changed and they are free now provides you don't eat the skin x