Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Aww sweetie sorry to read you have been poorly. It's really hard doing cd when you feel ill. I am sure the cd feeling will come back.. I lost my way for weeks stopping, starting wondering if I could do it?? I think it's hard doing it this time of year as well, especially when the weather gets cold, it's natural to want food :D

I do 810 for medical reasons but at least I get to have a little something in the evening or I take something to work if I am really organised! which is rare :)

Take care Tessie and catch up with you soon x

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your post. I'm still feeling poorly at the moment and woke up with earache and sore throat today. My head feels very heavy too, so all in all I'm feeling very sorry for myself. :( However, I have managed today to stick to CD (even if it's because I can't bear the thought of food at the mo!). Hoping my wi goes well tomorrow morning! Fingers crossed. I will catch up with your diary again soon. :D

Very good vibes being sent your way. Don't beat yourself up; just change your behaviours and thinking from this moment onwards.

Big hugs! Rest, sleep, water and get back in the game on monday.

Hi Miss-R, nice to hear from you. I am still feeling poorly, unfortunately (see previous post.:)), but I'm on nights tonight, so have to soldier on. Hope you find that organising the shakes works for you too. Haven't managed to do any exercise today after my previous activities, but I'm ok with that. Hope you have a good night and thanks for the good vibes. :)

Last edited:
Hey Tess, hope you are feeling better today! Let us know how you are :)

Hi Hon, thanks for dropping by. Still feeling poorly, but I'm hoping that my wi tomorrow is not too much of a disaster...:eek:
Have a good evening. x

Very good vibes being sent your way. Don't beat yourself up; just change your behaviours and thinking from this moment onwards.

Big hugs! Rest, sleep, water and get back in the game on monday.

Thanks GW mum for your post. I am going to try my best to get straight back on track after my wi tomorrow morning. I unfortunately won't be able to sleep till tomorrow as I'm on nightshift (well, I'm not allowed to! LOL), but I am topping up the water and have my shakes and bar all ready for the night. Have a good evening. x

Hi my friends, hope you're all ok. I'm feeling really really rough today. I couldn't even get up out of bed this morning to go to weigh in.:eek: I think I have ear infection and I just want to hide myself under my duvet and cry at the moment.
My CDC was lovely about it and I've rearranged my wi to Tuesday at 11:15. It's going to be a bit of a tight schedule as I have a doc appointment at 10:15! Luckily they're literally down the road from each other.
I have been listening to my Cognative Behavoural Therapy CD (Dr Beck's Diet Solution) again, as I'm going to start working on my issues relating to food with this aide. I have told my CDC that I've really struggled this week, and that I'm sabotaging my weightloss, and we're going to discuss it on Tuesday.
Hope you all have a good weekend. I'm looking forward to X Factor! :D
Chat soon. x

Well, it's almost the end of my shift, and I'm looking forward to snuggling into my nice warm bed with my hubby when I get home. Just going to take it easy today, I think. Actually not feeling too bad at the moment. I have taken a few paracetamol, so that may be why. I don't feel hungry at all, and I've just realised that I've only had two tetras all night! I am going to have my bar on the way home, I think. I have been on the forum quite a bit when I could this evening, and I feel positive again about losing weight. I am going to listen to the Becks Diet Solution on the way home again, and will be listening to it every day until I know I can follow the system and be in control. I am not going to let this beat me.
I won't be on mini's for a couple of days now, but I will try and log in to fill in my results on Tuesday. Wish me luck, all!

Hope you have a lovely and restful Sunday today.
Just wanted to say thanks so much to all of you for your support so far. You're really helping me through this tough journey.
Chat soon. x :)

aw tess hope you feel better soon. cd is hard enough when you feel fine so it must be hell for you at the moment. really hope the nasty infection goes away and you feel ok today!

Hey Tess :) sorry to hear you are ill! I had an ear infection a few weeks ago and it was awful! Hope you are feeling better soon xx

Hi Tess hope you are feeling alot better today.
You have been so helpful to me especially when i've been feeling low and I admire your positive attitude.
CD is not easy at the best of times but you have done so well!!!
I look forward to hearing how you are xx :)

hello my lovely - I asked Mini to move my diary here so I can be inspired by diaries all the time. Losing my will today. I havent cheated but if I sat down anylonger, moping, maybe i would.
Hope you are ok and getting better x

Hello lovely ladies, thanks for all your posts. You all really make my day and I sooo appreciate your support.

So, I went to the doctor today and I'm now on antibiotics for the next week. I went to see my CDC and we had a long chat about me being ill and then about my issues with food and the fact that I'm working through the 6-week Becks Diet Program (Cognative Behavioural Therapy). My CDC has advised me to come off CD for a couple of weeks so that I can boost my immune system and she said she believes that a short break will do me good. I am feeling much more positive now and I've been working through the CBT programme and trying to get myself sorted out. I said that I don't want to completely come off CD, so I've gone up to CD1200 just till I'm well again. I do think this break will do me good, although I'm going to find it really strange to eat again.
I will definitely stay on the forum to keep myself in the swing of things, but I just wanna say - keep strong ladies! I can't wait to get back on SS+ and to go for it 100% with no interruptions.
Have a wonderful evening. x

Miss you, little red. Shall I call you for a chat this week?

Hello lovely ladies, how are you all? I'm so sorry I haven't been about much the last week or so. I am, unfortunately, still quite ill and have been in bed since Monday. I'm starting to get the 4-wall syndrome at the minute, so thought I'd have a quick catch up on the forum. I have been so ill over the last week that I haven't wanted to do anything at all. I'm also completely off CD at the moment, but I am definitely restarting as soon as I'm better. My little girl is also still ill, and I've been sitting up with her for the last three nights as she's struggling to breathe and sleep too. :cry:
However, it's so nice to come on here and see that some of you have missed me! I miss you guys too. Rumbly, a call from you would always be welcome, although I don't have much of a voice at the moment! :eek:
I have forced myself to get up today and have managed to have a bit of a tidy-up, and have had a lovely hot bath too. Feel a bit more human now. :D
Hope you all have a great day. Chat soon. x

Hi everyone, just thought I'd drop a quick post to let you know that I'm still alive (just!).
I felt so ill on Saturday that I went to the walk-in clinic and found out that I now have ear and throat infection. The doctor has booked me off for another week!:cry: I have really been feeling awful and it doesn't look as if I'm going to be back on CD till at least the New Year now. I want to make sure that I feel 100% and am in the right headspace to start again properly. I have one of my best friends' wedding to go to in June and I want to be at (or as close to) goal as possible by then. I hope you guys don't mind that I keep posting here even whilst I'm not on CD at the mo. I do miss my shakes, strangely enough. Haven't been able to eat much, but confess that I have eaten a bit of junk the last couple of days. :(

Anyway, I am going to have a nap now before my next lot of antibiotics. Gotta pick up my little girl in a little while too. I'm soo sorry for not posting on your diaries, but I am trying to catch up and read them when my head isn't swimming.

Hope you all have a very good week and I'll catch up with you soon. x

Awww Tessie you poor thing, there is so much sickness going around at the moment, I have only just gone back to work myself today and now a cold is doing the rounds. I think your right to come back to cd when you feel you are able too, the head and body need to work together on this plan. Keep posting and get well soon hunni x :)

Back