Thai Yellow Curry - Jan/Feb issue!

Esme

Gin and tonic please!
Hello All,

Does anyone have the recipe to hand that they could post for me? I want to cook this for some friends next week and wanted to do a 'test run' beforehand, and as I have builders working on my flat everything is everywhere and I can find all of my magazines APART from the Jan/Feb issue - aaargh!

I've done a forum search with no luck :(

Any help would be much appreciated - :D

Esme x

Here we go:

Thai yellow vegetable curry

Serves 4
Ready in about 25mins

For the yellow curry paste:
1-2 green chillies, deseeded & finely sliced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1in/2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp artificial sweetener
4 kaffir lime leaves, snipped into small pieces (discarding the central stem)
3fl oz/100ml half fat coconut milk
14fl oz/ 397ml vegetable stock
1 lemon grass stalk, finely chopped

For the curry:
7oz/198g baby sweetcorn
1 medium aubergine, diced
2 courgettes, diced
1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Boiled rice to serve

1, Place all the yellow curry paste ingredients in a food processor & blend until smooth. Transfer to a medium pan & gently bring to the boil
2, Add the sweetcorn, aubergine, courgettes & red pepper. Bring back to the boil, reduce the heat to low & simmer gently for 10-12mins, stirring often until vegetables are cooked.
3, Remove from the heat & stir in the coriander. Divide between four serving bowls & serve with boiled rice.

Syns per serving:
Green - 1.5
Extra Easy - 1.5
Original - 13.5

I've made it- it was really delicious!! There's a lovely Thai chicken & veg curry on page 106 of the EE cookbook too! It's a bit less time consuming than the above one as no blending involved, and the chicken stock, light coconut milk and soy sauce combination really works (in both recipes) I'd like to try this with fish!X

Thank you thank you thank you! :party0011::party0011::party0011::party0011:
I'll be testing it out tonight on my boyfriend, I'll let you know the results! :D

x x x

Back