Thanksgiving

Trefoil

Gold Member
Am off to a Thanksgiving Dinner tonight!

What to avoid/what to eat?

Thanks

Ruth
x

Cornbread
Turkey
Gravy
Veggies
Erm?!?!
Its been a couple of years since ive been!
Mashed Tatties
Chocolate
Wine?!

Ruth
x

P.S I dont like Pumpkin Pie! ICK!

well it's an easy choice - turkey and veg!
No to cornbread, choc and wine and be careful with the mash and gravy.
Have fun!

I have a big family thanksgiving meal on Saturday (my stepdad is American). I've saved up lots of syns to try and limit the damage, but I intend to enjoy it (I'm no good with massive portions anyway, so will only be having a bit of everything). I said at group I'd be happy to stay the same this week with the feast in mind, so hopefully won't be in for any disappointment at my next weigh-in!

Hope you enjoy it, and you should be able to stay on plan if you choose to. Lots of lovely veggies and tasty meat on offer! And if you go EE you can have potatoes too, yum!

x

I would just enjoy yourself and eat until you're full. I had a thanksgiving meal yesterday and I had a bit of everything.

If it's anything like my friends meal, the mashed potato will be loaded with butter, mashed sweet potato has loads of brown sugar in, other veggies are covered in sugar/butter etc and you'd end up starving if you tried to avoid it all.

I had tofurky, dumplings, sprouts, stuffing, green bean casserole and topped it all with mushroom gravy. I was absolutely stuffed but it was delicious :D

Trefoil said:
Cornbread
Turkey
Gravy
Veggies
Erm?!?!
Its been a couple of years since ive been!
Mashed Tatties
Chocolate
Wine?!

Ruth
x

P.S I dont like Pumpkin Pie! ICK!

Eat items 2 and 4 only.

Hope that helps:)

Back