That extra scan bran in HEXs

jayde1148

Gold Member
Hi all

Just wanted to say that if you are like me and have avoided the scan bran as part of the HEXb choices (mainly with porridge in my case) then try and include it. I have been amazed at how full and satisfied I have felt crumbling it into the oats prior to cooking and eating it compared to when I just had the oats!!! Definately give it a try it has been a revelation to me, I think it is my new fav breakfast!! :D

Really? I wonder if it will keep me as full? I will have to experiment. I certainly would not normally eat scan bran if I had a choice!!

I put scan bran in with my oat so simple for I put it in the microwave, I agree with you, it is a lot more satisfying.

Even when it changes in Jan I think I will
still do it as the oat so simple sachets are still going to be the same weight

I put scan bran in with my oat so simple for I put it in the microwave, I agree with you, it is a lot more satisfying.

Even when it changes in Jan I think I will
still do it as the oat so simple sachets are still going to be the same weight

I think I will too it is very handy having sachets thats what Im doing now :D

ive tried with oats its a taste/texture thing i cant stand make's me hmm.. feel very ill eating it :jelous:

urghh..! will be gratefull to have the extra oats without feeling like i need another coffee because i couldnt face soggy cardboard :D

35g oats??!! I can't wait for this!! Altho 28g oats with lots of fruit chopped in has been enough for me this winter...

Must remember to stay to class the first week of the new year, I'm guessing that's when the new books will be out??

AnnaFaraday said:
So what will happen about Oats So Simple sachets? If they are 28g presumably they won't be a healthy extra? Or will you still have to have a scan bran with them?

Obviously, if you use ordinary porridge oats (which I do, because they are SO much cheaper and just as convenient) then increasing the weight to 35g will be easy.

'if' they are no longer a HEXb I will still eat them! I have oat so simple most mornings midweek with a scan bran broken up and cooked with it. I got to target last week and they've defo not hindered my weightloss journey.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what the new book says.... Not long to wait now!

So what will happen about Oats So Simple sachets? If they are 28g presumably they won't be a healthy extra? Or will you still have to have a scan bran with them?

Obviously, if you use ordinary porridge oats (which I do, because they are SO much cheaper and just as convenient) then increasing the weight to 35g will be easy.

No idea, until we get the new books. I was just going on the changes I spotted in the new magazine.

Back