The 100lb Diary

I thought I did ok seeing as I didn't get a chance to plan for it, I only got about an hours notice. I'm fairly certain I didn't sabotage myself badly enough to maintain or gain so if it does happen on weigh day I will be putting it down to star week. The pulled pork sounds great, must invest in a slow cooker for some easy and tasty meals!
I hope you have a good time seeing your dad today and enjoy your lunch! And hope your back is feeling better too :)

Update for yesterday, was a good day overall. Was a bit busy with work in the morning so I didn't eat til late in the day again but I still got all my Hex's and did a big batch cook in the evening.

Breakfast - 3 egg omelette with half a pepper, lots of mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. 20g of 50% reduced fat cheddar (3 syns) Made a nice change, I don't usually have cheese on it.
Lunch -Veggie lasagna with butternut squash sheets instead of pasta with salad, 10g of reduced fat cheddar (1.5 syns)
Dinner - I had a pot noodle (7 syns) followed by 40g mini chocolate weetabix (HeB) with milk (from HeA)
Snacks - 2 hifi lights (HeB), a butterscotch options (1.5 syns) and a quark and highlights pudding (0.5 syns)

Total syns = 13.5

Looking back over my diary (and at whats left in my fridge) I think I should start adding a bit more fruit, particularly to my evening meals. Will aim to get some in today.

07.03.17.01.jpg 07.03.17.02.jpg 07.03.17.jpg

Went a bit OTT on my batch cook, I only wanted enough for 6 but I've used ALL my storage tubs on the mince mix!

IMAG0148.jpg IMAG0149.jpg

Just been for lunch, had lasagne, garlic chips and garlic bread. Was totally worth it if I do have a gain next week. Hopefully I've got enough time to pull it back before Monday though.

I've gone a bit crazy with Tupperware since being back on SW, we have loads of it. The pulled pork was so good, hubby does all the cooking in my house, I'm completely useless in the kitchen. He enjoys it though, honest! It's great that you're so organised with the batch cooking! Makes a huge difference when you can just grab something quick and heat it up.

My back is absolutely fine today thanks. Was able to walk up the stairs in work and go for my little walks around the block on my breaks. Off home now and have a day off tomorrow so looking forward to that.

Been lovely and sunny in Belfast today, think it's cheered me up a bit. Winter is so depressing! Hope you have a good evening.

Sounds good! Like you said to me we all deserve a treat, but one meal won't ruin it, I'm sure you can still get a loss between now and Monday :)
Hehe you're lucky, usually I do all the cooking for both of us. Although he has been really good since I started SW, he's been doing all his own meals so I don't have to cook any of the naughty things he likes that I shouldn't have. I do enjoy the cooking etc I just don't trust myself with too much non SW friendly stuff. He's quite sweet really - I know he has a salmon wellington in the freezer he's been desperate to have for weeks but he won't eat it while I'm in the house or if I might come home before he's finished it.
Glad the back is better, you never realise how much you take it for granted until you pull a muscle or trap a nerve! I like winter if it's dry or snowy but that wet windy cold weather we usually get is horrible. Hopefully that sun will make it's way here soon, been totally miserable weather today and this evening the fog has been so thick!

So today's plan went ok, got myself a huge box of strawberries from the local cash & carry, should help me increase my speedy fruit snacks!
Breakfast - Another lasagna with salad and 10g reduced fat cheddar (1/4 HeA)
Lunch - Butternut squash noodles with a portion of the bolognese mix from yesterday and 10g cheddar (1/4 HeA).
Dinner - A BLT - 2 wholemeal nimble slices (HeB), bacon medallions, lettuce, tomato, I mixed a little full fat mayo with some extra light for a better flavour (2.5 syns) works well. Followed by Weetabix chocolate minis (HeB) and milk (from HeA)
Snacks - 2 big bowls of strawberries, one with raspberries and sweetened quark, the other with 19g aerosol cream (3 syns), a satsuma, cup of highlights (2 syns), cup of options (1.5 syns), extra milk (1.5 syns), and an unwanted lincolnshire sausage (guessed 4 syns, it was a small one) my OH cooked... ooops
Also made myself a cauliflower pizza for tomorrow.

Total syns = 14.5
Leaves only 6 syns from my weekly total for tomorrow, but I usually skimp a bit the day before weigh in so it should be ok.

08.03.17.01.jpg 08.03.17.jpg strawberries.jpg

I only like snow if I don't have to go out in it!

Food looks great as always. What's the butternut squash like with bolognese? I'm not a big fan of vegetables, so trying to increase my veg intake. Never tried butternut squash before.

Gonna do my best to lose something this week, would be delighted with even 1/2 lb.

Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

I only like snow if I don't have to go out in it!

Food looks great as always. What's the butternut squash like with bolognese? I'm not a big fan of vegetables, so trying to increase my veg intake. Never tried butternut squash before.

Gonna do my best to lose something this week, would be delighted with even 1/2 lb.

Best of luck with your weigh in tomorrow!

Thanks :) It's not bad actually, I don't think it has a lot of flavour but neither does plain pasta really, next time I'd probably cook them in a frying pan (with a little frylight) as some of them were still a bit tough done in the microwave, I'd prefer them super soft. Courgette spaghetti is pretty good with bolognese too, or add some kidney beans and chillis and have it on cauliflower rice. One good tip I found on here for getting more veg in is to grate carrots into sauces and curries etc, it pretty much disappears once cooked so you barely know it's there.
I'm sure you can do it :) you could always try a couple of SP days to give the scales a little nudge?

I've not been to class since 2014 so don't know a lot about the SP plan.

I'm ok with veg in sauces, it's the whole 1/3 of the plate superfree that I struggle with. It seems to be either carrots or green beans that we have. I might try the squash noodles, like you say pasta is pretty tasteless anyway, so how bad can it be.

Hi Hoz - just wanted to say I'm loving your meals - and the batch cooking is fab!

Did you make the squash spaghetti?

Sorry Lougal I didn't realise - SP just stands for Speed and Protein so you just eat from those groups, no carbs or yoghurts or high sugar fruits and so on (except occassionally) but it's a bit restrictive so not for it's everyone. You get 2 HeB's though which is why I like it.
Thanks Lady :) No I didn't make it, I buy the ready made packets from Sainsburys. I know it's lazy but I really struggle peeling butternut squash - not sure if it's my knives or my technique but I always feel like I'm going to chop one of my fingers off so I stick to pre made lol

I've just been to Tesco and they only had butternut squash fusilli, but I've not bought it as we have our meals planned up to Sunday so it would just go off. Maybe next week.

I've seen a bit on here about SP but I dunno if I could do it. Love my carbs too much. Might try it some day when I'm off work though as I tend to eat less at home. I should look at some of the SP menu ideas online. Thanks for the info though, that's a great help.

, I buy the ready made packets from Sainsburys. I know it's lazy but I really struggle peeling butternut squash - not sure if it's my knives or my technique but I always feel like I'm going to chop one of my fingers off so I stick to pre made lol

I've just been to Tesco and they only had butternut squash fusilli

Gosh I'm well jell that you can buy it ready made :). I live in Italy now and they don't have anywhere near the range of stuff you can get in the UK. A friend gave me a squash this week and like you I'm not keen to cut it up because a) it's really hard work and b) I like my fingers and thumbs attached :D.

I've just been to Tesco and they only had butternut squash fusilli, but I've not bought it as we have our meals planned up to Sunday so it would just go off. Maybe next week.

I've seen a bit on here about SP but I dunno if I could do it. Love my carbs too much. Might try it some day when I'm off work though as I tend to eat less at home. I should look at some of the SP menu ideas online. Thanks for the info though, that's a great help.

No problem, I've got all this years books and stuff so if there's anything need finding out give me a shout. I've never really seen that good a selection of carb alternatives in Tesco, but that might just be my local one. Well done on the planning! I never normally plan more than a few hours ahead and it catches me out sometimes.

Gosh I'm well jell that you can buy it ready made :). I live in Italy now and they don't have anywhere near the range of stuff you can get in the UK. A friend gave me a squash this week and like you I'm not keen to cut it up because a) it's really hard work and b) I like my fingers and thumbs attached :D.

I'm so glad it's not just me! I thought I was just being a bit of a pansy haha. Still no butternut squash noodles isn't a bad trade off for living somewhere so beautiful! My little sister went there a few months ago with the school, I think it's a bit unfair really, the only place they ever took us when I went there was the local beach to look at rocks :confused:

Thanks Hoz. I have to plan, usually get a Tesco delivery every Sunday then a trip to the butcher on Thursday. Try to avoid shops and avoid temptation. Had to go to Tesco today though and it was so hard to resist all the Easter Eggs! I'm scared to buy an egg too soon coz I'll eat it, but I'm also slightly worried that if I leave it too close to Easter they will all be gone and I'll miss out...

I go the other way I start to rebel if things are too set in stone. I'd been doing really good with SP and keeping to it 100% when I did it but my consultant gave me a proper SP diary sheet to fill in and suddenly because I've got no (or very little) space for non SP food I've had 4 muller lights and Bisto mac n cheese this week :whistle:
Hmm, could your OH hide the egg for you? Or maybe a friend could keep it til Easter? Not sure I'd trust my friends with chocolate though (anything else, yes, but not chocolate).

Today's update: Been another 100% day, definitely needed as I tend to misbehave a little on Saturday nights :whistle:
My scales have shifted by a pound and a half so I'm feeling ok about group tomorrow. We have a taster session with a 3 syn per serving limit, so I made a cauliflower pizza with bbq quorn pieces, the whole thing is 6 syns or 1 HeA so I'll try and get 12 slices out of it for half a syn each. Thought it best to leave out the jalapenos for group. I'll take in a box of oreo thins too, they're on offer at sainsbury's so I bought more than I need if I'm honest, also haven't heard anyone else in group talk about them so might be useful for someone else to know about.
Got an interesting breakfast lined up tomorrow, I always make my mum overnight oats for breakfast Fridays (I guess to say thanks for picking me up and taking me to SW with her) but my yoghurt was out of date, all I had was cappuccino or latte muller lights so we've got coffee oats. I left the fruit out though, that'd be too weird methinks.

Breakfast - Half a cauliflower pizza (15g reduced fat cheddar, just under half HeA) and a bowl of strawberries, I'll have the other half of pizza tomorrow
Lunch -Edamame bean stir fry with turkey breast + soy sauce (I think that's still ok on SP)
Dinner - bowl of butternut squash chips and 40g weetabix (HeB) with milk (1/2 HeA)
Snacks - 1 coffee from milk allowance, a butterscotch options with the rest of my milk (1.5 syns), 2 hifi lights (HeB)

Total syns = 1.5
Weekly syns = 100.5

09.03.17.01.jpg 09.03.17.jpg 10.03.17.jpg

Tomorrow's taster
taster.jpg

I use about 450g of cauliflower rice (again I'm lazy and buy it pre packed but it's no where near as bad as squash to do at home) and cook that on the hob with some fry light. Add 2 medium eggs once it's cooled down a bit and a load of mixed herbs, garlic and onion granules, salt and pepper. I stick it in the middle of the oven at 200'c and turn it over once during cooking. It went down well at group there were only 3 tiny pieces left for the session after ours.

The taster was really good someone made an amazing lemon drizzle cake (the whole thing was only 8 syns) and you'd never know from the taste it was SW. I'll have to find the recipe and post it here.
And I lost 3.5lbs (total loss 15lbs) and got my 1 stone award :D

Edit - Found the recipe for the cake
http://www.slimmingworldsurvival.com/blog/lemon-drizzle-cake-slimming-world

Last edited:
No problem. There were lots of lovely dishes there but that lemon cake really stood out. I'll definitely be buying some lemons soon. The lady who brought it also said it freezes well :)

Wow, that's a great loss! Bet you're chuffed to get your stone award too, congrats!

Might have to try the lemon drizzle cake too, looks really nice. Enjoy your weekend.

Back