The 100lb Diary

Thank you, I'm really happy to have got it, especially as the first half stone seemed to take forever to shift! Only 6lbs to the next award :)
You have a good weekend too, let me what you think if you try the lemon cake.

Well today has been great in all respects, definitely going to bed happy and full up :D
I've already mentioned group went well, good loss and got my award. Had some lovely little snacks too and definitely a few new recipe ideas. And I finally got to Iceland to check out the SW section, none of the ready meals took my fancy as money's a bit tight but I got the burgers, new pork and leek sausages, and a pot of the potato salad.
Food's been really good (as in well behaved and really nice). I went with EE today because I wanted oats with muller light for breakfast and so I wasn't restricted at the taster session, and I got to try the potato salad. I quite like it, I think it's better than an SW one I'd have made.

Breakfast - Overnight oats (HeB) with cappuccino muller light (surprisingly tasty) and a bowl of strawberries.
Lunch - Other half of yesterdays pizza (1/2 HeA) with butternut squash chips.
Dinner - Mushrooms, some left over veg bolognese mix, salad, and potato salad. Bit of an odd mix but nice, don't like to throw food out and the bolognese can't have had much life left.
2nd Dinner * I know it's bad but I was really hungry about 11pm* - salad, bbq beans, SW quarter pounder with a portabella mushroom bun and a slice of processed cheese (2 syns)
Snacks - Taster session bits and bobs (2 syns), tea and coffee (1/2HeA), quark and highlights (0.5 syns), cup of options (1.5 syns)with 12g aerosol cream (2 syns)

Total syns = 8

I was a bit concerned after having 2 rounds of dinner but my calories are still only 1504, although that doesn't include the taster but for 2 syns and less than half a paper plate of food it can't be much more.

10.03.17.01.jpg 10.03.17.02.jpg 10.03.17.03.jpg cert10.03.17.jpg

Well today was great until tonight, now it feels like a steaming pile of you know what.
Went out shopping for the day with mum and little sis, had a good time and a good giggle all got some nice clothes (I found the best feeling bra I've had in years). Then a couple of hours ago my pet chicken died in my arms. I sat with her for hours but I think I knew she wouldn't make it, she started fitting out of the blue and vomiting we turned her upside down to try and help (they can't regurgitate properly without being turned upside down) but it wasn't enough.I don't know what was wrong with her. I know it sounds silly but she was part of my family, she was the last of 3 chickens we had and we got her through a bad illness a few months ago with syringe feeding and antibiotics and since then she's been the most spoilt chicken in the world. Most nights for the last 4 months she's stayed in the house (I felt bad for her being alone and out in the cold without a snuggle buddy) in a pen I built by the back door, getting midnight snacks of cheese and corn. But she went downhill so fast this time there was no chance for any medication to help her. I feel awful,like either I should have done more or we should have had her put out of her misery sooner. I guess hindsight is a *****.
I hope any readers are having a better weekend x

It hasn't sent me out of control for food, in fact all I've eaten for the whole day is-
a tangerine, SW burger in 60g wholemeal roll (hex B), salad with turkey breast & tomato, , 2 SW pork and leek sausages in a 60g wholemeal roll (other hex b) 250ml semi skimmed milk,(HexA) and a pot of quark and highlights and 2 slices of processed cheese (4 syns) . I have however been drinking white rum and sugar free fizz without any regards to syns since my poor Bucket (the chicken - I called them Boneless, Bargain, and Bucket) died :(

Sorry to hear that Hoz, it's terrible losing a pet. Having a few drinks is understandable, it's good that you didn't go completely off plan. I probably would have, especially after a few drinks. Hope you're ok. Great names by the way.

Oh Hoz I'm so sorry to hear about Bucket, big hugs, It sounds like you did everything you could, but still so sad xxx

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm feeling ok today, I think I took it a bit hard last night because up until an hour or two before I'd been thinking we could save her again. I almost feel a bit silly to be honest - in my teens I worked on an organic meat farm, after spending a Christmas in that job you'd think I'd be hardened to it.
I've been fairly well behaved as far as the plan goes today, I'd have preferred to end the day on lower syns to try and compensate for last night's booze but there's still the rest of the week for that. Will just have to get back on my treadmill. I've been avoiding it for a week or two because we moved the living room around for the bigger sofa and now it's next to the window, I'm worried people will see me on it :oops:

Gone with an EE day, definitely missed my extra HexB

Breakfast - Youngs salmon fillet dinner ready meal (3 syns)
Lunch - A BLT - 3 bacon medallions, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo (2 syns), 60g wholemeal roll (HexB) with SW potato salad.
Dinner - Extra lean steak medallion, garlic mushrooms, tomatoes, squaffles, bbq beans.
Snacks - 2 cups of highlights (4 syns) 50ml skimmed milk (1 syn) alpro chocolate soya drink (HexA), muller light, quark with highlights (0.5 syns)

total syns = 10.5
Edit: Had a cheese mug shot after I posted, so total syns = 12.5
11.03.17.jpg

Last edited:
No need to feel silly, glad you've stuck to plan again. Some days I don't even use my full HEXB so I dunno what I would do if I had to have 2 of them...

I never struggled when I had the Hifi bars mind you, but my supplier has stopped going to class, so I have to do without for a while. :(

The hi fi bars are gorgeous aren't they. I have to buy extra for OH every week to stop him pinching mine. I tried some alpen lights the other week but definitely not as nice. I just had a look on eBay I can't believe how much people sell them for! :O

I never struggled when I had the Hifi bars mind you, but my supplier has stopped going to class, so I have to do without for a while. :(

I just had a look on eBay I can't believe how much people sell them for! :O

I was addicted to the Rocky Road ones when I went to class but now I live in Italy, I thought I'd buy on eBay too - but ouchie! So, will have to do without, sigh...:D

I dread to think how much they'd cost with shipping to Italy! The Rocky Road are definitely one of favourites, those and salted caramel. I can't believe people are paying for it though, I wonder if it's members or consultants listing them?

Yeah, my hubby eats them all too. They are lovely though, so can't blame him.

I've seen the prices on eBay, no chance I'm paying that! I used to like the Alpen bars but after having the HiFi bars I couldn't go back to Alpen. Haha.

Haha no I've had 1 bar out of my box of Alpen... I doubt I'll be having any more unless I get really desperate :rolleyes:

An EE day because I had defrosted one of my batch cooked fish pies for lunch.

Breakfast - A 3 egg omelette stuffed with mushrooms and 2 tomatoes.
Lunch - SW fish pie with broccoli and 20g 50% reduced fat cheddar (1/2 HexA).
Dinner - Extra lean steak medallion, 2 garlicky portabella mushrooms, squaffles and BBQ beans.
Pudding - Chocolate orange options (1.5 syns), 12g spray cream (2 syns), drizzle of sweet freedom choco shot (counted 1/2 syn, although it's probably less) Best 4 syns I've used in a while!
Snacks - Butterscotch options (1.5 syns) with spray cream (2 syns), quark with highlights pot (0.5 syns).
Haven't had my HexB yet unusually so it'll be a couple of hifi lights before bed I suspect.

Total syns = 8

13.03.17.B.jpg 13.03.17.D.jpg 13.03.17.L.jpg 13.03.17.S.jpg

Ooh, that hot chocolate looks great for just 4 syns...

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday, had a bit of a dodgy tummy and couldn't face eating lunch. I had 8 rich tea biscuits for lunch, then had half a bounty and a whole ripple later last night once I was feeling better. Technically about 30 syns but when I put the food into my calorie counting app it was about 1500 calories which is quite low for me on a work day, so not too worried. Feeling better today so back on it!

Hope you've had a good day today!

I've been hiding as I went a bit off plan Tuesday night and my scales are showing me as half a pound up from my Friday weigh in. I really really don't want to go to group for a gain tomorrow :( I'll drink a ton of water today and keep syns as low as I can and perhaps I'll be lucky enough to maintain.
I did get back on the wagon 100% the morning after though, even managed to get back on my treadmill for half an hour last night. I'm trying to stay positive, I had a small NSV - twice I've walked into shops this week and bought a size 18 top without trying on and they fit. Can't say I'm thrilled about being a size 18 but I am happy that I don't bring them home and find they're too small like I used to.

Some meal pics from the last couple of days -

14.03.17.B.jpg 14.03.17.L.jpg 15.03.17.B.jpg 15.03.17.D.jpg

Food looks good as always. Don't be stressing about one night off plan. The important thing is that you got back on it. My scales have been all over the place this last week too, I was on my treadmill for over an hour on Saturday and Sunday and only lost 0.4lbs on Monday, sometimes it can be that way, but I figure it'll even itself out eventually if I can keep it up.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you have a loss or maintain this week!

An hour at a time is really good well done! I don't think I could stay on mine that long, I've got such a sedentary lifestyle it's left me so unfit. I really want to do c25k but I need to get fitter before I can manage week 1 how bad is that lol.
Thanks you, I've got mine crossed too!

Here's yesterday food -
Breakfast - large mushroom, tomato, 2 eggs, 2 bacon medallions, salad, 1 slice nimble (1/2 HexB)
Lunch - Butternut sheet veggie lasagna, 20g reduced fat cheddar (3 syns), with salad and 1 slice toast (1/2HexB)
Dinner - kept it light for the sake of my weigh in today, 40g weetabix (HexB) and milk (HexA) with fruit and sweetened quark.
Snacks - Quark and highlights pudding (0.5 syns) 1 slice of OH's garlic baguette (4.5 syns) plus some coffees with milk allowance.

Total syns = 8

16.03.17.B.jpg 16.03.17.D.jpg 16.03.17.L.jpg

I was the same, but since January I've just been building up really slowly. Going for walks around the block when I go out for a smoke (well a puff on my e-cig - stopped smoking last July) taking the stairs in the morning which still kills me (I'm on the 6th floor) and then doing the treadmill on days off. A few weeks ago I struggled to do 30 minutes at a really slow speed but now I've upped the time and the speed. Couldn't do it without my music blasting though, gotta have some tunes to keep me going.

I could barely walk the 10 minutes to my bus stop without my back aching at the start of the year, so I'm chuffed with what I can do now. Still really unfit by most people's standards but a big improvement for me...

About the C25K, I want to do it too, but I've set a target to start in July, hopefully by then I'll be fit enough. I did try to jog for 30 seconds last weekend and it was the longest 30 seconds ever, so I'm not ready for it yet. I've never been much of a runner though...

Sorry for the essay! How did your weigh in go?

No need to apologise - its nice to hear, well read, other people's experiences on their journey :) It's reassuring to know it's not just me, I've been too embarrassed to even discuss my 'body magic' in group, there are people there who can go the gym 5x a week or go on 7k runs!
Oh I remember the backache when I first started using it. I could just about do 15 minutes on it but I felt like I'd had a near death experience after lol. I find it hard to increase my activity as we're in a rural area so nowhere within walking distance to walk to and we work from home so I can't get off the bus to work earlier etc. I set myself a little test on the treadmill last night - to jog for 30 secs out of every 2 minutes and I managed a mile like that. It was a very slow jog at 6kph but still surprised I managed, I think it could be a good stepping stone to the start of c25k at some point.

The weigh in was good thanks, I only got 1/2 lb off but I'm just happy it was a loss, I've only been going 10 weeks so I'm not ready to have a gain yet I think it'd send me into self destruct mode haha. My consultant talked me into setting a challenge of 3lb for next week so got to make this week a good one!

Yesterdays food:
Breakfast - Overnight oats (HexB) with muller light and fruit
Lunch - A mug shot and a slice (just 1) of garlic baguette (4.5 syns)
Dinner - Steak, squaffles, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, salad with a poached egg (my new favourite salad topping)
Snacks - 40g Weetabix minis (HexB) and tea/coffee (HexA), a Friday night treat of a proper Wispa gold hot chocolate (5 syns) with spray cream (2 syns)

Total syns = 11.5

Also noticed another positive that proves it's not all about the scales, the amount my resting heart rate has dropped since doing SW. I know a fitbit is probably not the most accurate but it still shows a good average drop.

17.03.17.jpg heartrate.png

Back