The Cambridge Diet Festive Frock Challenge!

spangles

Bouncy Castle
It's two months til the festive season really kicks in, and for those of us who are still only a way along our weightloss road, we can look forward to being around 2 stone lighter by then.

So I thought it would be motivating to think about what we want to wear at xmas or new year. Doesn't have to be a frock - but something you couldn't wear now.

Describe it, tell us the size, if possible post a picture.

The more detailed we make our visualisations, apparently, the more likely we are to achieve them.

Anyway, this is mine:

I actually already have this frock in a size 22 (too big now!) and am going to get it in a 16 for Xmas (eek! - am a 18-20 now, so I hope that's not too ambitious). I love this dress - it's a bit 'seaside postcard' saucy, and the comedian Rich Hall told me I looked "beautiful, like a bottle of coca-cola" in it...! I wore it to the coast and to a festival and other summery things, but i think the red and white make it quite festive.

resize.asp

It's out of stock at the moment, but I had a chat with the lovely customer service ladies at Collectif, and it should definitely be available before Xmas.

Brilliant thread. :)

Mine is an ASOS dress that I bought last February to wear at easter from the last time I did Cambridge. I never stuck to it so the dress is still hanging in my wardrobe with the tags still on.!!
It is a size 12. I'm into the 14's now and with a little help from my 'spanx' :) I'm aiming to be into this dress for my Xmas nite out on 17th dec :)
I love this dress :) xx

Btw spangles ur dress is STUNNING.!!

Attachments

• image-2315899830.jpg
    image-2315899830.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 218
Spangles I blumming love that dress, that is exactly my kind of style!

Mine isn't a christmas dress, as I've only just started CD and won't be at my goal by then, but it is for a wedding in May. I'm friends with members of a local burlesque group, and one of those lovely ladies is tying the knot and, obviously, it will be a very glamorous and retro-inspired occasion. And, obviously, a frumpy tent from Evans just won't do! So, this is my dress...

The Micheline Dress in Black with Black Lace | Pinup Girl Clothing

This is mine. Wore it at Easter this year but fell off the wagon since then. It's a lipsy size 12, ( they come up small) so I've got to SS hardcore on the hope it will fit for new years.

Wish me luck :)

Attachments

• image-1783055734.jpg
    image-1783055734.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 161
I'm not going to be in any frocks at christmas lol but this is what i want for polo party season next year:D

And yes I am an essex girl lool xx
20378d1318791154-no-carbs-before-marbs-_mg_6500-copy.jpg

Attachments

• _MG_6500 copy.jpg
    _MG_6500 copy.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 206

Mine isn't a christmas dress, as I've only just started CD and won't be at my goal by then, but it is for a wedding in May. I'm friends with members of a local burlesque group, and one of those lovely ladies is tying the knot and, obviously, it will be a very glamorous and retro-inspired occasion. And, obviously, a frumpy tent from Evans just won't do! So, this is my dress...

ooh - vavavoom! I like that a lot.

Spangles - I just hope the zumba dvd I've just bought will get rid off any lumps and bumps leftover otherwise this dress won't work at all!

kerrypants said:

Oh dear god that dress is amazing x

I literally have a suit case of very expensive dress from years gone by and they are all to big for me now. Will have to pop them on eBay and buy myself something new. I was shopping with my mum yesterday and picked up a sequin mini dress it was nice but now wow, and still don't feel confident for that type of thing.

I'll post my pic later. I bought mine last year and wore it for our Xmas do in a country house. It's a 14 monsoon dress in dark grey. Then I put on a couple of stone do I can't get in it at the min.

I am going to find some thinspiration - I Lurrrve collectif...I noticed you posted some sale stuff up a while ago.

My problem is currently my belly/muffintop - but I have my eye on the fabu lepoard wiggle dress.

ahh yeah. i almost never wear anything else when i'm not at work. quality isn't always fab - some of the fabrics don't wash perfectly - but it's better quality than Dotty Ps or next, and a very similar price.

when i'm thinner i shall get some more work frocks from there too.

I am going to be on CD for months yet and am pretty much going t try to ignore xmas this year but a couple of years ago I bought a smart grey fitted work dress and I would love to be able to be in that for when classes start in January. I tend to teach in big jumper cover-ups and it would be lovely to feel smartly dressed and good in the classroom! Can't post a pic as the dress is at my mum's. I abandoned it there as it didn't fit. Hopefully next time I go back to visit mum and try it on, it will be wearable!

hmmmm. so i made the mistake of googling collectif (never heard of it before).

their stuff is both fabulous and clearly something i will never be able to wear as the styles all seem to presume you go in at the waist and i go out. to clarify, on their size chart, my waist is 3 sizes bigger than my bust/hips. and that's after i'm not that far from target.

arrgggh!

I don't know about christmas, but my birthday is coming up on Nov 25th. I'd love to be able to slip into this body con number from topshop.
picture1xc.png
picture1xc.png

Tempted to buy in now in a smaller size so that I don't get tempted to cheat!

Here's my dress from last Xmas. Need to get my fat butt in it this Xmas.

Attachments

• image-2743508208.jpg
    image-2743508208.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1519809883.jpg
    image-1519809883.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 91
Ooh I love these dresses! This is my choice from lipsy :)

image-2872417742.jpg

Back