The Carb Debate

Ooh I can't get my head around wholewheat pasta in salad or without a sauce either, but in everything else yes :)

Yeah it's definitely a cost thing too and the government should be doing more to reduce the prices of these things....how is it refined carbs are so cheap? As with all foods that we should limit, they cost less.

I was reading about the Danish fat tax and think it's a completely wrong way to go about preserving health - we need a little fat, however, we do not need unnatural sugar, refined carbs etc. How about they tax fast food places? xx

I agree that wholewheat pasta is definitely an acquired taste!!! That being said that only time I have white pasta is if I'm in a rush & having a pasta & sauce for lunch. I do really like brown rice though & they both definitely keep you feeling full for longer

Nothing on earth will EVER convince me that brown rice is a good thing, it makes me want to heave!
I don't think white pasta made me fat but perhaps all the fat in the sauce did!
I accept I ate far too much bread and although I love wholemeal it was usually white because that's what my husband insists in!

Personally I blame the fact that we all want our dinner in 30minutes and aren't prepared to spend any time cooking it let alone washing, peeling, chopping and dicing!

Personally I blame the fact that we all want our dinner in 30minutes and aren't prepared to spend any time cooking it let alone washing, peeling, chopping and dicing!

totally, it's far easier ordering fastfood/junk than taking the time to buy,wash,prepare and cook food

past 3weeks i've been on SW and i don't think i've ever spent so much time planning and preparing food for myself. i like that i'm learning different thinks re: cooking and that i'm not eating so much processed guff, but i sorta hate all the dishes i create :8855:

I don't think white pasta made me fat but perhaps all the fat in the sauce did!
!

Great point when you put it like that!!!!!

It wasn't the pasta which made me fat either... more the copious amounts of garlic bread which I had with it, and the cheese on the top!!!

I agree that wholewheat pasta is definitely an acquired taste!!! That being said that only time I have white pasta is if I'm in a rush & having a pasta & sauce for lunch. I do really like brown rice though & they both definitely keep you feeling full for longer

Wholewheat pasta is better than brown rice pasta :yuk:

Back