The core plan

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Sam, 8 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Sam

Sam Banned

I have been doing the weight watchers program for a few months and I am quite satisfied with it. But sometimes counting the points is really annoying, isn't it? Especially if you are out. As I don't join a special ww group I don't know about specials or changings. Yesterday I read an advertisement about the ww core plan. It said that you needn't count points anymore. Does anyone know about it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    This is my understand of it...

Vegetables and fruits
    Soups (non-creamy)
    Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice, Potatoes and Grains
    High Fiber and other cereals without added sugar
    Lean Meats, poultry, fish and eggs
    Fat-Free Milk Products
    Healthy Oils
    Condiments
    Coffee, Tea and sugar-free beverages

It consists of a list of approved items from every food group that can be eaten with almost no regard to portion size.

The plan is interchangable with points so people can switch between the two plans.

I will be able to tell you more next week when I join up:)

Love Mini xxx

4. kirsty2012

kirsty2012 is gonna shine in 2009

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.48%)
    Diet:
    ww
    on core you also get 21 points over the week tospend on what they call crap lol

5. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

I find that with this plan i eat way too much cause im a pig:D

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Core wouldnt work for me. I dont see how I can eat half a chicken, as a snack and still lose weight lol

I need the discipline of my points

7. Sam

Sam Banned

Eating half a chicken and lose weight at the same time? That sounds strange to me as well. But it would be great if you could eat as much as you want to and lose weight too! It would be great if you could give me some more information about it after having joined your group, Mini! Thanks a lot!

8. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Core has a number of 'free' foods that you can eat freely. However, being a pig, I can eat tons of food - even if it IS healthy, so I opted for points last time I did WW. However, I found I spent my points on rubbish and ended up eating pretty unhealthily and not losing very quickly - hence why I went to LL to lose the weight, and will maintain with low-carb eating plan once I've finished.

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    One of the guys at work is doing SW which is similar to core, I just cant get my head round it at all. He'll have a cooked breakfast and all sorts but theyre free for him.

What I like about pointing, is it makes me think about what Im going to have, it makes me look for possible healthy alternatives and I know once my points are used - theyre done, thats it for the day. I feel points are re-educating the way I deal with food, something I dont think Core would

10. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Lol!!! If you could eat half a chicken as a snack I would be doing it! Hahaha!

I think the rule on core is that you're supposed to avoid snacking in between meals, if you're hungry then you can snack, but only on fruit, veg or ww fruities.

I would love to be able to do core, BUT, I am a real snack - the reason points works for me is because I can still eat my crisps and cereal bars etc throughout the day - on core I couldn't do that so it feel much more restrictive to me.

In my opinion, the core plan would be perfect for someone who doesn't mind cutting out snacks or at least limiting their snacks to fruit and veg and someone with a family. On core I think it's so much easier to do a meal for the family, because you don't have to worry about adding up all the points and then dividing them up between everyone and still keep track of your points - so long as you're only using 'core' ingedients, you can just make dinner and dish it up, which would be great!

I find it a pain when I'm doing one dinner for all the family, because I have to know the points in everything and then measure it all onto my plate so I know how many points I've got on my plate!! That is the only part of this diet that drives me nuts, and for that reason I usually do myself a separate dinner to everyone else - it's easier to cook 2 dinners than to count and measure everything!

I would love to eventually move onto core, though judging my own portion sizes does scare me, because I don't seem to realise when I'm full - I just eat until my plates cleared, stuffed or not :eek:

11. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

snapx

12. acoc2007

acoc2007 Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    me too:)

13. ls25

ls25 Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I was going to switch to the Core plan but decided against it as I find counting the points easy.

There are a list of free foods that have no points in them on the Core plan and you can eat as much as these as you like. If you eat a non-Core food you must take a point from your daily point allowance (21 points). They say you have to learn to judge your body's hunger signals, so you eat half a meal, and if you feel full, you don't eat any more. You eat three meals a day on the Core plan but if you snack on something that isn't fruit/veg or the fruities outside of those 3 meals, you take it from your point allowance. It just seemed like too much work and thinking for me. Haha.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.