The core plan

Sam

Banned
I have been doing the weight watchers program for a few months and I am quite satisfied with it. But sometimes counting the points is really annoying, isn't it? Especially if you are out. As I don't join a special ww group I don't know about specials or changings. Yesterday I read an advertisement about the ww core plan. It said that you needn't count points anymore. Does anyone know about it?

This is my understand of it...

Vegetables and fruits
Soups (non-creamy)
Whole Wheat Pasta, Brown Rice, Potatoes and Grains
High Fiber and other cereals without added sugar
Lean Meats, poultry, fish and eggs
Fat-Free Milk Products
Healthy Oils
Condiments
Coffee, Tea and sugar-free beverages

It consists of a list of approved items from every food group that can be eaten with almost no regard to portion size.

The plan is interchangable with points so people can switch between the two plans.

I will be able to tell you more next week when I join up:)

Love Mini xxx

on core you also get 21 points over the week tospend on what they call crap lol

Core wouldnt work for me. I dont see how I can eat half a chicken, as a snack and still lose weight lol

I need the discipline of my points

Eating half a chicken and lose weight at the same time? That sounds strange to me as well. But it would be great if you could eat as much as you want to and lose weight too! It would be great if you could give me some more information about it after having joined your group, Mini! Thanks a lot!

Core has a number of 'free' foods that you can eat freely. However, being a pig, I can eat tons of food - even if it IS healthy, so I opted for points last time I did WW. However, I found I spent my points on rubbish and ended up eating pretty unhealthily and not losing very quickly - hence why I went to LL to lose the weight, and will maintain with low-carb eating plan once I've finished.

One of the guys at work is doing SW which is similar to core, I just cant get my head round it at all. He'll have a cooked breakfast and all sorts but theyre free for him.

What I like about pointing, is it makes me think about what Im going to have, it makes me look for possible healthy alternatives and I know once my points are used - theyre done, thats it for the day. I feel points are re-educating the way I deal with food, something I dont think Core would

I was going to switch to the Core plan but decided against it as I find counting the points easy.

There are a list of free foods that have no points in them on the Core plan and you can eat as much as these as you like. If you eat a non-Core food you must take a point from your daily point allowance (21 points). They say you have to learn to judge your body's hunger signals, so you eat half a meal, and if you feel full, you don't eat any more. You eat three meals a day on the Core plan but if you snack on something that isn't fruit/veg or the fruities outside of those 3 meals, you take it from your point allowance. It just seemed like too much work and thinking for me. Haha.

Back