the cost of the cambridge diet

teetee

hi,i just started the lipotrim diet which is great but i do have to travel i see i can get the cambridge diet local but not sure of the cost is it any dearer ?

Average cost for the diet is between £35 and £40 depending on which products you use. This is based on 3 sachets a day, if you need 4 sachets a day (lady over 5'8" or a man any height) then the price is usually between £45-£50 per week.

CDC's can charge any rate but the reccommended prices are:

Powder Soups and Shakes £1.65 each
Tetra Briks (ready made shakes) £1.85
Bars £1.90

It would be worth contacting a CDC in your area and checking their rates, most stick to the rrp though.

Tracey
x

i know that on the Isle of Man (which can be a bit more expensive than other places due to the shipping costs) the sachets cost 1.75 each and bars £2.00 each. If you get 21 sachets (a whole weeks supply) you pay a slightly discounted rate of £35. i ran out of LT on the bank holiday monday and a local CDC let me buy some sachets. they appear to work the same way and, whilst taking them, i didn't come out of ketosis. there is a lot more choice, flavour wise and the Chilli Thai Soup is yum!! i am back on LT again as my local pharmacist is just down the road. Julia x

I did 4 weeks on LT and decided to change to CD. The CD shakes are lovely, loads more flavours (toffee, butterscotch, choc mint and lots more), haven't tried the bars but heard they are yummy. Works out about the same as LT, plus you get some books and a counsellor.

yep deffo on the choice of shakes, soups, bars and tetras, I found CD much better than LT and you can make mousse out of the shakes too with the mix-a-mousse, and freeze the tetras to have as ice cream, the possibilities are endless lol x x x

Average cost for the diet is between £35 and £40 depending on which products you use. This is based on 3 sachets a day, if you need 4 sachets a day (lady over 5'8" or a man any height) then the price is usually between £45-£50 per week.

CDC's can charge any rate but the reccommended prices are:

Powder Soups and Shakes £1.65 each
Tetra Briks (ready made shakes) £1.85
Bars £1.90

It would be worth contacting a CDC in your area and checking their rates, most stick to the rrp though.

Tracey
x

Hi Tracy,

Is that official about the ladies over 5'8 needing 4 sachets? Im 5'11 and have honestly felt that one more shake a day would maek things a lot easier for me. Ok im only on day 4 so prob need to get used to it but anything else i can have i will take with open gob!

Also can anyone tell me about the BMI rules? I started last saturday with a BMI of 25.9 and want to stay on this for 8 weeks, but if i fall under the 25 will i be told to go it alone?!! I know anything under 20 is unhealthy but chances of me getting their are very slim with the height of me!:D

Last edited:
Hi Lisa

Cant help you with LT rules I'm afraid.

I would start a new thread and post these questions on the LT forum, someone is sure to help you.

I know if you were ssing on CD you wouldn't be able to do so at your BMI.

Tracey
x

Hi, are the cost still about the same?

I did LL and CD a while back and recall switching to CD because it was cheaper than LL (LL@£66/wk)

I've since started on W8 as I think at the time it was the best option (cost vs online vs everyhing) but...

I really really miss the tetras and the bars :( and haven't really been able to stick to W8 for the last few weeks tbh *boo*

Any advice is appreciated :)

Miss jelly xx

Back