The Diary of a Monster Muncher

18/03/2013

DAY 1 OF SLIM AND SAVE

Hi there slimmers,

Today is the day... today i'm starting a journey, I hope you'll help me and come along for the ride.

:wavey:Im Little_Monster_Muncher i'm 20 years old and weight 15st 10lb, now being only 5'5 you can imagine the weight is not looking good on me.

Today I decided to do S&S and change the way I look and feel about myself before I get any bigger.

The stories on the threads are very inspirational and it just goes to show that with the right kind of support it can be done.

I'm looking for anybody that can keep me on the streight and narrow of this diet and keep me thinking positive i'm sure there will be plenty of you lovely people out there.

Any tips, advice would we very much appreciated and I hope to hear from you

Much Love

L.M.M x

Hiya and welcome to S&S. If you want to keep a diary it should be put in the diaries sub-section :) Good luck.

Hiya, welcome to S&S!

My advice is to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't think about the weeks or months ahead - you'll drive yourself nuts! Just concentrate on the now. If you get a craving - say to yourself "I'll have it tomorrow" - and of course, by tomorrow you'll no longer want it or better still - will have forgotten!

Measure everything! Both upper arms, neck, both thighs, hips (at widest part), waist (at most narrow part), bosom and even wrist! Measure every week and you're guaranteed to see changes. :) Don't rely on what the scales say alone - they can be disheartening and the body is a cruel beast! It can retain water when it feels like it.

And lastly - don't expect the impossible. :) Some people lose faster than others. I'm 26 and lose very, very slowly. Just the way I am. Some people shed 3-4 lb per week. At the end of the day - body will do it and it's all moving in the right direction...

Visualise what you want to achieve, some people make Pintrest boards, some people make a 'thinspiration' wall at home, some carry around a list with them AT ALL TIMES which remind them why losing weight is important. Do what is right for you.

Stay strong and good luck with your journey! You can do it!

x

Hi Minerva ...
Just what I needed ... just had the spicy spaghetti for tea and it wasnt half bad :) ... sometimes I think slow and steady is the best way i've seen a few stories where it has dropped of for about a month and they hit a wall. Must be different metabolisms ? As long as it starts coming off im a happy bunny :) ... one day at a time !! Thanks for reading and for the advice.

Much love

LMM x :cross:

Welcome, I'm another relatively slow loser (my losses are in my signature) but it soon adds up! You'll be there before you know it, and those days will pass by anyway, however you choose to play them - so you could spend just a few of them on s&s to spend many more of them at a weight you are happier with :)

Back