The dreaded Plateau!!!!

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hi All.

I have been bumbling along fine since being back on Slimming world and Ive had some great losses, but hte past couple of weeks ive hit the dreaded plateau and i wont lie, its getting me down a little!

I was hoping some of you lovelies may have some hints and tips to help me kick start the weight loss again!

Any hints and tips would be soooo appreciated - maybe there are no answers, maybe its just natures way - but it cant hurt to ask right??!

Thanks in advance

A very frustrated bear!

xxx

Isnt there another diet within SW you can do, called slim success or something?! Its like a kick start for a week, Im sure someone will have more details.

HUGE well done on your loss so far, absolutely brilliant and extremely inspiring.

You could try dropping the starchy carbs down or out completly, things like rice,pasta,potatoes etc thats what i did. I also change things up every couple of weeks food wise, like i might have chicken most nights for a couple of weeks then have turkey and change my veg what im having to.

I find having things like cinnamon,cumin,chillis all apparently help speed metabilism up. I find if i get up early and do 15-20mins on the bike on a empty stomach that that can help lose weight to. Well thats what has worked for me.

It is easy to get into a rut when you have been on the plan for a while. The answer is making an effort to mix things up - try doing a different plan, have different meals and different things for your healthy extras. If you are not already exercising, try to include some activity as another way of challenging your body.

Another option would be success express where you increase your superfree from one third to two thirds, snack only on superfree, and syn foods at the highest value but by way of compensation you get two of each healthy extra. But I would try introducing more variety first of all before you go down that route.You might also want to try using an SAS log just to make sure no bad habits have crept in over time. As a final resort there is fast forward but that is only done under consultant supervision when people have plateaud for a long time and all the other things have been tried already.

Good luck!

Thanks guys, thats great advice! Im going to try throwing a few EE days into the mix aswell - I usually do original and green, so cant hurt to try something new i spose!!
It that TOTM aswell which probably doesnt help, I know i havent been off plan or anything, if anything - im too strict! I get frustrated when one of the girls says things like "Oh i had a KFC at the weekend...after a night on the booze" and still manage to lose!! I try and be happy for them, but secretly, im actually SUPER jealous!!!!
Ill try mixing it up and see what happens!!! Thanks for the Chilli/Spice advise Craig, Im definatley going to give that a go - i can remember having some good loses on super spicy weeks come to think of it!!

xx

Last edited:
Care Bear the only new thing I can say is sometimes we cut back to much. I recently bumped up my syns and I started to get some good losses again. If you cut back and cut back and cut back your body doesn't want to lose the weight as readily. I'm not saying go mad, but maybe a meal out might help :) It's the target drop. I've seen members struggle to get to target, then they get it and the next week they've lost quite a few lbs and it is just because they've relaxed.

Changing meals and healthy extras is a good place to start :)

Go back to basics and write everything down just to make sure nothing extra is popping into your mouth.....oh and weigh your Health Extras as going over on those just a little can make a huge difference. Good luck & congrats on your weight loss so far x

Back