Hello

Wheekers

Hi

I have been overweight for years but after a struggle with depression and anxiety along with a prolapsed disk I hit the heaviest I'd ever been around a 2 years ago and promptly buried my head in the sand. I'd tried various diets at home before but never stuck with it each time I failed I turned to food for comfort meaning I was back where I started.

A few weeks ago I got asked to be a friends maid of honour and it gave me the kick needed to finally look seriously about doing something about my weight so I joined a local slimming world group and lost 4.5lb my first week :D I am enjoying SW so far as its not as restrictive as previous diets ( mostly calorie counting) but extra support, hints and tips are always welcomed so I thought it would be good to join here for added support.

Hi Wheekers! Well done on your first weeks loss, that's great!
The first time I tried SW I gained in the first week just from eating SO much, hahaha! Lost 20 lbs or so, and then fell off track. I totally sympathize with the depression, anxiety and burying your head in the sand thing - that's about where I've been for the past two years too!

I've just rejoined Minimins today, so will hopefully see you around!
x

Back