The Final Straw!!

:cry::cry::cry:that's the same with me. I would say 99% of the pictures of me get deleted after I've loaded them on to the laptop. It's very rare that I have a picture taken of me that I'm happy to keep. My next family picture will be taken once reach my target :D

See i want my son to look at the photos when hes older and say my god mum you lost loads of weight and i can turn round proudly and say " i did it for you!" xxx

I am re-reading this thread for about the 3rd time, and every time I love it more.

Together we can really do this! xxxxxxxx

ok guys, this is it, we cant sit here reading and relating to this, feeling touched or downright sobbing our hearts out - and then do nothing!

this has to be the catalyst we need.

we should make a list of our reasons and read them daily, and every time we want to cheat, read them again and again and again, until we succeed and then read them again, so we never have to face this again. ever.

ok guys, this is it, we cant sit here reading and relating to this, feeling touched or downright sobbing our hearts out - and then do nothing!

this has to be the catalyst we need.

we should make a list of our reasons and read them daily, and every time we want to cheat, read them again and again and again, until we succeed and then read them again, so we never have to face this again. ever.
Well said!!!!

See i want my son to look at the photos when hes older and say my god mum you lost loads of weight and i can turn round proudly and say " i did it for you!" xxx

I got lots of reasons, being a able to get into lovely clothes, for my thighs to stop rubbing together and i suffer scatica and even losing this 7lb so far as helped loads but most of all and the most important reason is for my husband, i want him to look at me and to be proud of me on his arm ( he is in the army and we go to a lot of balls and my size 20 ballgowns dont really cut it) and for my girls, i want to go and play with them and see them grow up and have babies of their own, the way i was going i would of been lucky to of seen 50. Also i dont want my past experience of depression to come back. My weight was one of the biggest reasons i suffered with it in the beginning x

Mine was a holiday photo, simple as that. I thought I looked good, I felt pretty good but I looked fat and flabby. A little head on a big body!
Like others I'd kidded myself along the years (cutting labels out of clothes etc), most of my pics with my daughter are of her in front of me so you can't see my body, but I knew deep down I needed to lose weight.

It wasn't easy but I lost it and, even harder, I've kept it off for almost 2 years now. I'm never going to put that weight on again, being slim is so much more enjoyable (and now I know my high blood pressure is not weight related!)

A very heartfelt thread ladies and gents. Good luck to you all. x

Back