The FlabFighters! - August Challenge

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I put on 5lb these last 2 weeks!
I am so ashamed of myself! So now I have 13 lb to lose by the end of august (yeah right).

Well done everybody else on your great weight losses. I'm sorry I have let the side down! :eek:

Don't worry! We've all been there! (Me more than anyone!)
Rather than worry about not reaching a 13lb target, change your target (I did for July...)

If you put yourself under too much pressure it can backfire - you're only doing it for yourself so there'd be no problem changing your weightloss target <3

It's actual 5'6.5"... but what's half an inch between friends ;) xxx

Haha, it's a good thing I'm actually 5'1.5"... I watch people's faces when they ask me how tall I am, they're like 'you really needed to add the .5?'... Every bit counts people! xxx

wow Ali those measurements are amazing! you skinny little thing you ;) xx

Skinny little thing, me? Not just yet :) I wish I didn't feel that I need to be smaller - I know this post will come across as sounding a bit strange. I just really feel horrible when people say 'no way, I thought you were older than your sisters! You're so............................ older-looking!' :( One is 11 years older than me, married with a daughter. The other is 7 years older than me. And they're both size 6-8 :(

OK no more being grumpy, lol, I've made an effort to lose weight and I am losing it so I am happy! Next set of measurements coming in a month ;) Let's hope for some big changes in my thighs! xxx

I put on 5lb these last 2 weeks!
I am so ashamed of myself! So now I have 13 lb to lose by the end of august (yeah right).

Well done everybody else on your great weight losses. I'm sorry I have let the side down! :eek:

Sammy babyyy :( *big hugs* anything is possible hun, just put your mind to it. I feel like reaching through the screen and squeezing you! Don't be sorry, just be a better person. You are a lovely person, just have more self control when it comes to your eating habits. Slimming World is a brilliant plan, remember the reasons why you chose it? Treat yourself like a newbie, start from scratch. Take days 1 at a time, and when you have had 7 100% days, I will do my uttermost best to do something to make you never want to come off plan again. I already have some ideas ;) Curious much? Get back on track, shift some lbs, and you'll find out what it is! xxx

I was so sure I wouldn't have lost any weight this week due to being * week and feeling sooooo bloated. BUT I did!!! I lost my 1lb and got my CLUB 10 Yippee!!!! :D

Well done all you other loosers.

Mazzystar it's a little blip, you'll loose big next week you'll see.

xxx

Well done honey! Club 10 is an amazing achievement - as my C says 'you have massively reduced the risk of a lot of health problems!'. How do you feel within yourself? I think you should treat yourself to something really lovely to wear :) xxx

Loving your stats Ali! Well done :clap:

Down -3lb this week. Got my Stone Award x

Thanks Lorraine :)

3lbs off! What's your secret? :p I ask everyone and no one ever tells me! It's like you all want me to suffer with 0.5lb losses! Hehe ;)

Congrats on the stone award! At this rate you'll have your 1.5st sticker by the end of the month! xxx

Rather than worry about not reaching a 13lb target, change your target (I did for July...)

If you put yourself under too much pressure it can backfire - you're only doing it for yourself so there'd be no problem changing your weightloss target <3

Brill idea, I'm changing it for you right now. No arguments, we will make it achievable. You have two weigh ins left for August, I'm gonna nip back to the July thread, work out your average loss per week, double it, and that can be your target for August :) xxx

Mazzystar it's a little blip, you'll loose big next week you'll see.

xxx

Thank you fingers crossed ay!

I might just leave it as the 8lb that its still at now and see how I get on with that. Thanks for the kind words :)

Sammy babyyy :( *big hugs* anything is possible hun, just put your mind to it. I feel like reaching through the screen and squeezing you! Don't be sorry, just be a better person. You are a lovely person, just have more self control when it comes to your eating habits. Slimming World is a brilliant plan, remember the reasons why you chose it? Treat yourself like a newbie, start from scratch. Take days 1 at a time, and when you have had 7 100% days, I will do my uttermost best to do something to make you never want to come off plan again. I already have some ideas ;) Curious much? Get back on track, shift some lbs, and you'll find out what it is! xxx

Yes I am curious and also starting today as if I was a newbie like you suggested. I am going back to writing it all down.
Thanks for letting me have a sulk, sometimes I just need to let it out and the OH just doesnt quite get it :rolleyes:

Yes I am curious and also starting today as if I was a newbie like you suggested. I am going back to writing it all down.
Thanks for letting me have a sulk, sometimes I just need to let it out and the OH just doesnt quite get it :rolleyes:

How are you finding it today? You won't find out what it is till you do us all proud and get 100% back on track. Just remember that feeling you get after seeing the scales go down, of being on top of the world, like you can conquer anything :)

OHs are rubbish with stuff like this. My XOH tried to get me to eat some KFC popcorn chicken once when I was content with my melon & grape. I know he only was only trying to help but it made me a bit sad, that I was trying so hard to do something and he didn't understand it. I saw him a few weeks ago though, and he was pointing out all the places I'd lost weight from... Made me feel a million times better than when other people have said it. Makes me sad that we're not together anymore :(

Just having a bit of a crappy day, thinking about him a lot. Also really hungry! I was really grateful yesterday that the fasts have been easier this year... I jinxed it!

I think I might go to sleep for a bit, see if that passes a few hours... though knowing my family, I'll be up in 15 minutes!

Ooooh, also, on Sunday night, when I upload my weekly pic, I will also be uploading an avatar, for a limited time only! I don't like leaving it up for too long as I don't want family and 'friends' to find me on here, as I'm sure a lot of people don't. So look out! xxx

OHs are rubbish with stuff like this. My XOH tried to get me to eat some KFC popcorn chicken once when I was content with my melon & grape. I know he only was only trying to help but it made me a bit sad, that I was trying so hard to do something and he didn't understand it.
Andy is a little like this, but he means well. He doesn't think there's anything wrong with me. Tbh, my family are worse, they're always saying 'One thing won't hurt' - damn them! <3

Ooooh, also, on Sunday night, when I upload my weekly pic, I will also be uploading an avatar, for a limited time only! I don't like leaving it up for too long as I don't want family and 'friends' to find me on here, as I'm sure a lot of people don't. So look out! xxx

*gets into stalker mode*

I shall be ready and waiting! :D xxx

Hi there,

This is my 1st post here and I'd love to join in this challenge. Late in the month I know but I've only started SW this week. My end of August target is 6lbs. Thanks and looking forward to the extra motivation that this will provide.

Mocha

Hi there,

This is my 1st post here and I'd love to join in this challenge. Late in the month I know but I've only started SW this week. My end of August target is 6lbs. Thanks and looking forward to the extra motivation that this will provide.

Mocha

Hello, and welcome!
I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone is welcome! :D 6lbs sounds like a good target!

Best of luck, if you need any help/motivation, we're all here to help! xxx

OHs are rubbish with stuff like this. My XOH tried to get me to eat some KFC popcorn chicken once when I was content with my melon & grape. I know he only was only trying to help but it made me a bit sad, that I was trying so hard to do something and he didn't understand it. I saw him a few weeks ago though, and he was pointing out all the places I'd lost weight from... Made me feel a million times better than when other people have said it. Makes me sad that we're not together anymore :(

Just having a bit of a crappy day, thinking about him a lot.

Aw hun big hugs heading your way! :hug99: (see).
Don't be sad, you are a lovely person and its his loss! Just remember all the crap stuff and you will feel miles better :)

I will be keeping a look out for your piccy too! I was debating having mine up when I joined but decided against it for the same reasons as you. Too many spiteful people that I know or should I say used to know and who would love to have some info on me however trivial.
Some people are just **** (sorry about the language)
Anyway baby girl cheer up, tomorrow is a new day!

My day has been a bit naff today I went for on the job experience today but after doing so well at the interview the other day they have 'lost' my paperwork so they sent me away. Shame really coz I needed that job, oh well they can :kissass: .....

Ali saw your measurement stats they are amazing :D I'll be measuring on Monday so fingers crossed.

It is amazing how those around us think that "just a little" cake, chips, whatever won't hurt... I know they don't mean it badly, but it does get frustrating!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Kay x

I'm feeling a bit blah for some reason, forgot the stomach churning feeling leading up to weight ins. Silly I know.

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2.5lbs lost)
honey74 - 4lbs to lose (2lb lost)
RubyMoss - 4lbs to lose (4lb lost)
hastalavegan - 2.5lbs to lose (5.5lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
chickyb16
AmyToria - 8lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (6lbs lost)
AlicePalice - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
mrsorangecat - 8 lbs to lose
DonnaP - 10lbs to lose, 4.5lb lost
donnajt - 10lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose (4lbs lost)
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (3.5lbs lost)
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs
Mocha - 6lbs to lose

Thanks for adding me :)

Aw hun big hugs heading your way! :hug99: (see).
Don't be sad, you are a lovely person and its his loss! Just remember all the crap stuff and you will feel miles better :)

I will be keeping a look out for your piccy too! I was debating having mine up when I joined but decided against it for the same reasons as you. Too many spiteful people that I know or should I say used to know and who would love to have some info on me however trivial.
Some people are just **** (sorry about the language)
Anyway baby girl cheer up, tomorrow is a new day!

My day has been a bit naff today I went for on the job experience today but after doing so well at the interview the other day they have 'lost' my paperwork so they sent me away. Shame really coz I needed that job, oh well they can :kissass: .....

Thank you so much :) Read this last night when I couldn't sleep and it did put a smile on my face. I can't help but miss him though...

I'm gonna have to put an alarm on my phone to remind me up to upload that picture! I have one in mind that was taken on auto-timer about a month ago, after I got back from my best friend's brother's hen party (yes it sounds absurd but that's what it really was!) :)

They can totally :kissass:, they don't know what they're missing out on! Something else will come up soon, you'll see :) xxx

Ali saw your measurement stats they are amazing :D I'll be measuring on Monday so fingers crossed.

It is amazing how those around us think that "just a little" cake, chips, whatever won't hurt... I know they don't mean it badly, but it does get frustrating!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Kay x

Thanks Kay! It's so nice to have found a place like MiniMins where everyone understands how you feel! I have to resist 'just a little apple crumble' that I made myself in a bit, hehe... I reckon I'll be able to get away with it :D

xxx

Eeeek!
I'm really nervous about weigh-in tomorrow now, even though I weigh in at home!

>.< xxx

Haha, I'm excited for you! xxx

I'm feeling a bit blah for some reason, forgot the stomach churning feeling leading up to weight ins. Silly I know.

I miss that feeling! Gimme some! :D It might sh*t me up about behaving with my syns, lol xxx

Thanks for adding me :)

No worries hun :) Feel free to copy and paste the list to update it with your losses after each weigh in :) xxx

Last edited:
Hope everyone's good! :)
Been having a bit of a weird day today (I won't explain here and take up the whole thread, but I posted a big ramble on my weight-loss diary).
Feeling a little more positive tonight.

Weigh-in in the morning, catch you all then with the good/bad news! xxxxxxxxxx

Hope everyone's good! :)
Been having a bit of a weird day today (I won't explain here and take up the whole thread, but I posted a big ramble on my weight-loss diary).
Feeling a little more positive tonight.

Weigh-in in the morning, catch you all then with the good/bad news! xxxxxxxxxx

Just got home but already have your diary open in another thread and excited to get to it! But the one before it is the fitties thread, so I might be a while ;) xxx

HAHA, did you have fun in the fitties thread? :))

Well, I've weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 2lbs! :D
Needless to say, I'm happy with that! Very happy! :D

Now, for another 100% week - if I can lose 2lbs eating a fair bit of rubbish, lets see what I can lose being good! :D

xxxx

RubyMoss - 2lbs to lose (6lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs
Mocha - 6lbs to lose

So I measured today, not sure how accurate it is as it's * week, but still pleased :D

MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs (1/2 inch from my waist, 1/2 inch from my hips, 1/4 inch from my thighs)
Mocha - 6lbs to lose

Here to report 1.5lb loss!

MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
DonnaP - 10lbs to lose, 6lb lost
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs (1/2 inch from my waist, 1/2 inch from my hips, 1/4 inch from my thighs)
Mocha - 6lbs to lose

Good luck everyone!!

Back