The FlabFighters! - August Challenge

Guys, I knew I said I would take my measurements tomorrow after WI but I think I'd find a way of putting it off! So the house was empty and the measuring tape was 10 inches away from my hands, I thought why not?!

Measurements as at 11/08/2010, weighing 9st9lbs (will update that number after WI hopefully :p):

Bust - 33"
Waist - 29"
Arms - 10.5"
Hips - 37"
Thighs - 23"

I would love for the hips number to get in proportion with the rest! I measured around my largest point, my very irritating tummy pouch that I have had for as long as I can remember (I was even 10 years old thinking 'I wonder if I'm pregnant and nobody has told me?' - at this point not even knowing what sex was!) and this will probably be the last thing to go :( If anyone has any tips on exercises to tone up that area, or things I can do to help target that flab, please please please tell me and I will love you forever :) *bats eyelids*

Also was a bit of shocker when I measured my thighs - 23" didn't sound like much but then I realised I could fit my head through that loop comfortably without the measuring tape even touching my hair :( Have always had huge thighs - everyone says I get them off my dad!

I am going to stick to SW and up the exercising once Ramadan finishes/uni starts so I can get rid of the pouch and shrink the thighs!

Thank you so much to Kay, for making me want to take measurements :) I will measure my old outfit too, just can't find the pants at the moment! xxx

You're welcome :) I find measurements less stressful to keep track of!

With regards to the dreaded tummy pouch (mine could house a family of four!) I do simple pilates exercises that focus on using your tummy muscles to move your lower body around, a trainer showed them to me and they really work! Let me know if you want me to post the actual exercises :) xx

You're welcome :) I find measurements less stressful to keep track of!

With regards to the dreaded tummy pouch (mine could house a family of four!) I do simple pilates exercises that focus on using your tummy muscles to move your lower body around, a trainer showed them to me and they really work! Let me know if you want me to post the actual exercises :) xx

Please hun, that would be brilliant! xxx

Ok, I'll try and explain this as best I can :p

Lie down on the floor on your back with a small pillow or rolled up towel under your neck
Then comes the most important part of these exercises - you have to pull your tummy inwards - not suck it in, but the best way I can explain it is pull and clench it inwards as if you were trying to get your belly button to meet your spine (I hope that makes sense!) - you'll feel your breath shorten a little the first few times you do this, it takes a while to get used to breathing deeply while you do this
Once you feel you have it pulled in as tight as you can, lift your left leg slowly upwards - don't move the rest of your body and you'll feel the pull in your tummy - lift it as high as you can and then lower it slowly - do the same with the right leg and then repeat alternating each leg - the first time I did this I could only do it twice!!
Between each lift make sure your tummy is fully pulled in otherwise you'll end up using the muscles in your lower back
Once you've alternated each leg pull them both up at the same time, hold for a few seconds and lower, repeat as much as feels comfortable

The two keys to these exercises are making sure your tummy is fully pulled in, and to do the lifts as slowly as you can up and down.

Once you're comfortable with those, you can do side lifts as well - same principle but lying on your side, pulling your tummy tight and lifting and lowering your leg, then switching to the other side - this really works your inner thighs too :D

I hope all of that made sense xx

Oh, I meant to mention, make sure that your feet are flexed upwards so your toes point to the ceiling when you do these!

1.5lbs off for me on Tuesday's weigh in :)

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
RubyMoss - 4lbs to lose (4lb lost)
hastalavegan - 2.5lbs to lose (5.5lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
chickyb16
AmyToria - 8lbs to lose (1lb lost)
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
AlicePalice - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
mrsorangecat - 8 lbs to lose
DonnaP - 10lbs to lose, 4.5lb lost
donnajt - 10lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose (4lbs lost)
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (3.5lbs lost)
Kaylb - 1.5 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1 inch from my thighs

Ok, I'll try and explain this as best I can :p

Lie down on the floor on your back with a small pillow or rolled up towel under your neck
Then comes the most important part of these exercises - you have to pull your tummy inwards - not suck it in, but the best way I can explain it is pull and clench it inwards as if you were trying to get your belly button to meet your spine (I hope that makes sense!) - you'll feel your breath shorten a little the first few times you do this, it takes a while to get used to breathing deeply while you do this
Once you feel you have it pulled in as tight as you can, lift your left leg slowly upwards - don't move the rest of your body and you'll feel the pull in your tummy - lift it as high as you can and then lower it slowly - do the same with the right leg and then repeat alternating each leg - the first time I did this I could only do it twice!!
Between each lift make sure your tummy is fully pulled in otherwise you'll end up using the muscles in your lower back
Once you've alternated each leg pull them both up at the same time, hold for a few seconds and lower, repeat as much as feels comfortable

The two keys to these exercises are making sure your tummy is fully pulled in, and to do the lifts as slowly as you can up and down.

Once you're comfortable with those, you can do side lifts as well - same principle but lying on your side, pulling your tummy tight and lifting and lowering your leg, then switching to the other side - this really works your inner thighs too :D

I hope all of that made sense xx

Oh, I meant to mention, make sure that your feet are flexed upwards so your toes point to the ceiling when you do these!

Thank you so very very very very very much! I will be doing my first lot of these tonight after my first Ramadan prayers! I can't thank you enough hun :) And I will be sure to keep at them as you spent so much time and put in the effort to tell me how to do them :) xxx

1.5lbs off for me on Tuesday's weigh in :)

Well done hun! 3.5lbs and 11 days to go before you shock yo momma ;) xxx

Thank you so very very very very very much! I will be doing my first lot of these tonight after my first Ramadan prayers! I can't thank you enough hun :) And I will be sure to keep at them as you spent so much time and put in the effort to tell me how to do them :) xxx

You're very welcome, Ramadan Kareem to you :) xx

Hey all.
I lost 2lb this week :) through some miracle
Hope everyone's doing ok this week xxx

Ahh so you were one of the ones that got beginner's luck! Hehe, well done anyway :) Do you feel over the moon? xxx

Ooh also just noticed we have similar start and goal weights! But you are MUCH taller than me, lol xxx

Lol thanks hun, and I was estatic :)

I just looked, very similar indeed! Haha, I have a friend that height, whenever we go out she always moans about being the small one, even with her heels on!

Get your big fat ass in gear woman! Do you really neeeeed all the alcohol (which is where most of your syns come from, you naughty naughty girl, let's shame you a bit :p) to have a good night?! No! You don't! What would happen if you had a night in with all your mates, made some really lovely low syn food for them or bought low syn snacks and only had low syn drinks (vodka&dietcoke?)? Would it go down well? You could even make games out of it, as silly as it sounds, like get some boxes of Mikado and play 'pick-up sticks' like it says on the back of the pack! You might not be able to duplicate the atmosphere of a night out but I'm sure it will be a lovely night in :) And if you let your friends know you're on SW but struggling to keep on track due to going out so much, I'm sure they will be happy to help you out! Who knows, you might even convert some of them to a healthier lifestyle? ;) xxx

HAHA!
I only really drink Vodka & Diet Coke (apart from the scrumpy presents I was brought back this week) and I usually only have one proper night out a week.

You're dead right, I don't really need alcohol to have a good night, but the people I hang out with get somewhat mental when they've had a drink, and being somewhat under the influence softens the blow ;)

Plus, I get so tempted by the fact that it's £1.50 for a Double Vodka & Diet Coke, but £2.20 for Coke. They really don't help me - I feel ripped off if I pay more for less ;)

However, I know these are all excuses - I have a huge syn blowout once a week and it seems so bad, but I've learnt to compensate for the rest of the week. I was good tonight though; Resisted Kopparberg during the match. I think I'll stick to the one night a week from now on. But hey, syns are there to be used, and I intend to use them drunkenly!

(Waffle over, and my big fat ass is *thinking* about getting in gear ;) Thanks Ali <3) xxxxx

Hey all.
I lost 2lb this week :) through some miracle
Hope everyone's doing ok this week xxx

Hey Amy, nice work! Updating your stats on the list... Hope next week brings you the same luck xxx

Lol thanks hun, and I was estatic :)

I just looked, very similar indeed! Haha, I have a friend that height, whenever we go out she always moans about being the small one, even with her heels on!

I'd be bouncing off the walls if I lost 4lbs in one week! Haha...

Oh god yeah, I hate being so short! And I'm really clumsy too, which makes it worse! It's like, I'm close enough to the ground already, you don't need to make me fall on the floor! xxx

HAHA!
I only really drink Vodka & Diet Coke (apart from the scrumpy presents I was brought back this week) and I usually only have one proper night out a week.

You're dead right, I don't really need alcohol to have a good night, but the people I hang out with get somewhat mental when they've had a drink, and being somewhat under the influence softens the blow ;)

Plus, I get so tempted by the fact that it's £1.50 for a Double Vodka & Diet Coke, but £2.20 for Coke. They really don't help me - I feel ripped off if I pay more for less ;)

However, I know these are all excuses - I have a huge syn blowout once a week and it seems so bad, but I've learnt to compensate for the rest of the week. I was good tonight though; Resisted Kopparberg during the match. I think I'll stick to the one night a week from now on. But hey, syns are there to be used, and I intend to use them drunkenly!

(Waffle over, and my big fat ass is *thinking* about getting in gear ;) Thanks Ali <3) xxxxx

Waffle enjoyed :) And not the one that you eat, although I would really enjoy a waffle right now... 7 hours and 46 minutes to go!

0.5lbs off for me. A bit gutted but hoping next week's loss will make up for it :) xxx

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2.5lbs lost)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
AmyToria - 8lbs to lose (3lbs lost)

0.5lbs off for me. A bit gutted but hoping next week's loss will make up for it :) xxx

That's great hun!
Are you fasting? That in itself is probably messing up your body a little bit so by next week you should have an awesome loss and put us all to shame! :D

xxxxx

That's great hun!
Are you fasting? That in itself is probably messing up your body a little bit so by next week you should have an awesome loss and put us all to shame! :D

xxxxx

Thank you babe :) First fast today so I can't blame it on that! Starting to get a little bit hungry now, didn't eat anything this morning so I have a 23 hour fast... Fingers crossed I get some goo results next week :)

In the mean time though, may I share a little something with you lovely ladies?...

Starting measurements as at 06/05/2010:
10st10lbs
Bust - 36"
Under bust/Waist - 32"
Arms - 12"
Hips - 42"
Thighs - 24"

Current measurements as at 12/08/2010:
9st8.5lbs
Bust - 33"
Under bust/Waist - 29"
Arms - 10.5"
Hips - 37"
Thighs - 23"

xxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I put on 5lb these last 2 weeks!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so ashamed of myself! So now I have 13 lb to lose by the end of august (yeah right).

Well done everybody else on your great weight losses. I'm sorry I have let the side down! :eek:

honey74 - 4lbs to lose (2lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16

I was so sure I wouldn't have lost any weight this week due to being * week and feeling sooooo bloated. BUT I did!!! I lost my 1lb and got my CLUB 10 Yippee!!!! :D

Well done all you other loosers.

Mazzystar it's a little blip, you'll loose big next week you'll see.

xxx

Loving your stats Ali! Well done :clap:

Down -3lb this week. Got my Stone Award x

honey74 - 4lbs to lose (2lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (6lbs lost)

Back