The FlabFighters! - September Challenge

my exercise regime has commenced, my shred30 dvd has come and I have just killed myself with the first level 20 minutes. By eck though it feels good afterwards, even better after a shower!!

Man 4th day in and I haven't actually stuck to plan once! Damn it. Tomorrow is going to be different. Grrr I annoy myself so much!!! Hope everyone else is doing better than me! :)

Not started a diary yet will start one on Monday have just been jotting it down in a notebook but have been careful.

Thanks for the lovely warm welcome

As long as you're recording it somewhere! :) We'll all be happy to pick at it if you do start keeping one on here. Infact, that's a point...

If anyone wants to share their diary links on here, just for moral support or to have someone look over what they're eating, please do! Little things go unnoticed for so long - I only just realised myself that I've been having 20 cashew nuts as a HExB on Extra Easy days when they only count as a HExB on Green! Doh!

xxx

my exercise regime has commenced, my shred30 dvd has come and I have just killed myself with the first level 20 minutes. By eck though it feels good afterwards, even better after a shower!!

Yay! You will feel the burn tomorrow even more than you're feeling today! I'm thinking of joining a spinning class soon, don't know if I'll be able to walk the next day! Might have to wait for my new timetable first, then start going the day before I don't have any lectures :p xxx

Man 4th day in and I haven't actually stuck to plan once! Damn it. Tomorrow is going to be different. Grrr I annoy myself so much!!! Hope everyone else is doing better than me! :)

No worries! You took the first step in your weight loss journey by actually joining Slimming World and MiniMins... so what if it takes a bit longer to get to the next step of actually putting it into practice?! Although hun, I would say, the quicker you do get into it, the better it'll be for you (I'm sure you know that already!) and you won't even feel like you're on a diet... There is literally nothing you can't have!

Hope tomorrow is better for you :) Let me know if you need a kick up the bum... there are some naughty emoticons on here I haven't tried out yet ;) xxx

I wonder if anyone can comment on the weird feelings I keep getting. Its been maybe 10 years since I was below 11st and I seem to have a mental block or something...

Basically I get up and feel uneasy, like thinking "Oh my god....I'm doing something wrong on the diet...and maybe even if I *do* follow the diet it won't work....and maybe now I'm a stone away from my target the weight won't come off....and why does the wii scale say I'm a pound more...and maybe I should do red days now even though I've lost it all doing extra easy....and I didn't exersize enough, maybe I'll feel better if I do some exersize..." etc. etc. etc.

Sometimes its driving me a little bit crazy!!! :(

x

I thought you could have any red/green HEX on an EE day?? I looked into it a while back cos I was worried about using oil as a HexB on red.... :confused: xx

Ummm, I'm not sure now! Because it only comes up on the 'extended list' in the books... Either way, I haven't gone back and synned them on days I've had them wrong, lol, so I think I'm OK for now :) xxx

I wonder if anyone can comment on the weird feelings I keep getting. Its been maybe 10 years since I was below 11st and I seem to have a mental block or something...

Basically I get up and feel uneasy, like thinking "Oh my god....I'm doing something wrong on the diet...and maybe even if I *do* follow the diet it won't work....and maybe now I'm a stone away from my target the weight won't come off....and why does the wii scale say I'm a pound more...and maybe I should do red days now even though I've lost it all doing extra easy....and I didn't exersize enough, maybe I'll feel better if I do some exersize..." etc. etc. etc.

Sometimes its driving me a little bit crazy!!! :(

x

YES. But it's all in your head! For a few mornings after I set my target with my consultant, I would wake up and think '5.5lbs to go until I'm in the 8st range. I haven't been this weight in years. I remember seeing 7st at 11 years old, going to the GP and eating tangerines for a week, then the next thing I remember is being in high school and seeing 9st7lbs. How can I get to target? I don't remember what being this light feels like. How do I know I'm doing it right? Am I being really dumb and just thinking I'm doing it right? What is right? Why don't I try red days? Why do I feel better about my losses when I don't eat meat? Should I be doing all green days? If I had done all green days from the beginning, would I be at target by now? Is my target even right? Some people are happy at the weight I started at, why am I not happy? Do they judge me for being smaller? Do I judge me for wanting to be smaller? Is this why I keep losing 0.5lbs each week? Will it really take another 11 weeks to get to 8st13? And then another 10 weeks to get to 8st8lbs? What if I start this new spinning class to tone up, and my weight increases again due to muscle? Or water retention? Or what if when I start uni again, the plan goes out of the window? What if people notice I don't eat anything from the canteen? Can I really afford to be picking up Tesco's prepacked melon boxes every day? Can I take lunches from home instead? But won't people look at me and think 'oh there's the weirdo with the lunchbox'?'

Just a teeny snippet (!) of the things that go on in my head. But all the worrying is totally pointless... unless there is a link between worrying and burning calories, in which case, we should all start worrying like mad!

The only thing I can't agree with you on is the weighing in at home every day thing. I just don't do it, I've only weighed myself twice other than at WIs, since I started SW. Once at my aunty's house to prove that her scales are bust, as I had just been weighed officially earlier that day, and the other time at home to try and set up the new WW scales with body fat analyser and all sorts of rubbish on it that my mum bought, that turned out faulty so we had to return it, THANK GOD! I thought Loki was in charge of scales?! And you're being a naughty naughty cheater by using the Wii scales! Let me tell you something - they LIE. Total lie. 10st10lbs - my starting weight. 9st7lbs - my Wii Fit starting weight. Ya see? Unless the board stays in exactly the same place, not even a mm of movement between use, the calibration gets messed up. You can't rely on the weights that displays, and you know already that your weight fluctuates by upto 3lbs (I think?) in a day. So why worry?! Unless of course (again), it burns calories? :p

If you want, share all your worries here... Like as I was typing mine out, I got all the answers in my head. And it's nice (weirdly enough) having them recorded here, so in a few months, I can look back at them and have a giggle at myself for all this pointless stressing out!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

another good week for me 5.5lbs off!

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (0.5lb lost)
Donnap - 7lbs to lose
Moo85 - 4lbs to lose
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
mistysmummy - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Esellek - 7lbs to lose {please!} (1lb lost)
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
Leelea - 8lbs to lose
Hannahkw1 - 13lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 8lbs to lose
JimJam87 - 7lbs to lose
donnajt - 8lbs to lose
Hathor - 8lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose
BeauDeBelle - 10lbs to lose
Amy-Toria - 7lbs to lose
Why_d - 14lbs to lose (5.5lbs lost)
Tea&Toast - 14lbs to lose(5lbs lost)

Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose (1lb lost)
nannyto9 -8lb to lose

wow well done why_d!! :clap:

Hathor and Ali, i have exactly the same crazy thoughts!! like, now i am 14st thats it, i cant lose any more, my bodys never been any less than 14st, im just gonna put it all back on again, etc and i think i have been sabotaging myself this week for that very reason :( its unknown territory and its scary!! xx

10st10lbs;2798995 YES. But it's all in your head! For a few mornings after I set my target with my consultant said:
thinking[/I] I'm doing it right? What is right? Why don't I try red days? Why do I feel better about my losses when I don't eat meat? Should I be doing all green days? If I had done all green days from the beginning, would I be at target by now? Is my target even right? Some people are happy at the weight I started at, why am I not happy? Do they judge me for being smaller? Do I judge me for wanting to be smaller? Is this why I keep losing 0.5lbs each week? Will it really take another 11 weeks to get to 8st13? And then another 10 weeks to get to 8st8lbs? What if I start this new spinning class to tone up, and my weight increases again due to muscle? Or water retention? Or what if when I start uni again, the plan goes out of the window? What if people notice I don't eat anything from the canteen? Can I really afford to be picking up Tesco's prepacked melon boxes every day? Can I take lunches from home instead? But won't people look at me and think 'oh there's the weirdo with the lunchbox'?'

Just a teeny snippet (!) of the things that go on in my head. But all the worrying is totally pointless... unless there is a link between worrying and burning calories, in which case, we should all start worrying like mad!

The only thing I can't agree with you on is the weighing in at home every day thing. I just don't do it, I've only weighed myself twice other than at WIs, since I started SW. Once at my aunty's house to prove that her scales are bust, as I had just been weighed officially earlier that day, and the other time at home to try and set up the new WW scales with body fat analyser and all sorts of rubbish on it that my mum bought, that turned out faulty so we had to return it, THANK GOD! I thought Loki was in charge of scales?! And you're being a naughty naughty cheater by using the Wii scales! Let me tell you something - they LIE. Total lie. 10st10lbs - my starting weight. 9st7lbs - my Wii Fit starting weight. Ya see? Unless the board stays in exactly the same place, not even a mm of movement between use, the calibration gets messed up. You can't rely on the weights that displays, and you know already that your weight fluctuates by upto 3lbs (I think?) in a day. So why worry?! Unless of course (again), it burns calories? :p

If you want, share all your worries here... Like as I was typing mine out, I got all the answers in my head. And it's nice (weirdly enough) having them recorded here, so in a few months, I can look back at them and have a giggle at myself for all this pointless stressing out!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

:D Phew! I thought I was alone in my madness! :p

You are right, there is no point stressing out - just follow the plan like I have before and it will work. (doh)

Loki has my bathroom scales, but there is still the wii fit. Its just too tempting to get onto the wii and do the weigh thing. Its getting me down though - especially after a super day and 1 hour on the wii only to be told I'd gained the next morning :mad:

I don't feel lighter this week, but surely we can't tell....its psychological.

Anyway, I've had lots of compliments recently due to seeing people who haven't seen me for a few weeks (they're like "wow you've lost lots of weight!") so I feel pretty good about it all. My mum is home from holiday on Wednesday and she has been away for 8 weeks so lets see what she says!

Thank you for the encouragement.

wow well done why_d!! :clap:

Hathor and Ali, i have exactly the same crazy thoughts!! like, now i am 14st thats it, i cant lose any more, my bodys never been any less than 14st, im just gonna put it all back on again, etc and i think i have been sabotaging myself this week for that very reason :( its unknown territory and its scary!! xx

You too?! ;) Well us crazy people just need to follow the slimming world formula and stop being so worrysome. I swear if we *did* burn calories from worrying and thinking I'd be skin and bone!

another good week for me 5.5lbs off!

You're just a right stunner, you! xxx

I wonder why we feel this way! I think everyone gets a bit like this, but then we have to remember, the hotties in the magazines probably felt the same too, they got over it and came out the other side looking absolutely stunning!

xxx

:D Phew! I thought I was alone in my madness! :p

You are right, there is no point stressing out - just follow the plan like I have before and it will work. (doh)

Loki has my bathroom scales, but there is still the wii fit. Its just too tempting to get onto the wii and do the weigh thing. Its getting me down though - especially after a super day and 1 hour on the wii only to be told I'd gained the next morning :mad:

I don't feel lighter this week, but surely we can't tell....its psychological.

Anyway, I've had lots of compliments recently due to seeing people who haven't seen me for a few weeks (they're like "wow you've lost lots of weight!") so I feel pretty good about it all. My mum is home from holiday on Wednesday and she has been away for 8 weeks so lets see what she says!

Thank you for the encouragement.

All will be revealed when you weigh in :) Don't trust the Wii Fit scale a single bit - think of it as being a politician ;) one you can walk all over lol!

I'm excited for your mum to come back, let us know what she says! I can't wait to go back to London at the end of October and see my family there (they're the only ones that I don't see every week!) as they all complimented me loads when I had only lost 6lbs, now having lost 3 times that amount and hoping to make it 4 times by then... Oooh, pure excitement!

xxx

Well done everyone!
I don't think I've ever been so happy to report that I stayed the same this week! xxx

You are seriously one lucky chucky, d'ya know that?! The things you pull off...! :8855: xxx

I'm weighing in in about half an hour guys ... not feeling too confident, my period is 3 days late and I don't feel I've lost an ounce.
Post later ... :)

1.5 lbs off this week brings me to 1st stone in 4 weeks xxx
10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (0.5lb lost)
Donnap - 7lbs to lose
Moo85 - 4lbs to lose
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
mistysmummy - 8lbs to lose (1.5lbs lost)
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Esellek - 7lbs to lose {please!} (1lb lost)
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
Leelea - 8lbs to lose
Hannahkw1 - 13lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 8lbs to lose
JimJam87 - 7lbs to lose
donnajt - 8lbs to lose
Hathor - 8lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose
BeauDeBelle - 10lbs to lose
Amy-Toria - 7lbs to lose
Why_d - 14lbs to lose (5.5lbs lost)
Tea&Toast - 14lbs to lose(5lbs lost)

Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose (1lb lost)
nannyto9 -8lb to lose

I'm weighing in in about half an hour guys ... not feeling too confident, my period is 3 days late and I don't feel I've lost an ounce.
Post later ... :)

As I suspected, 1lb on. Ho hum.

It's okay :) Keep at it and it's bound to show on the scales next week! Mine is over a week late, I feel really rubbish and don't know if I want it to come before WI or after, as I don't know the effect it will have on my weight. Fingers crossed we both get it soon, over and out of the way, then back to lovely huge losses! xxx

sure it's only a pound and you know it's not a true reflection... it'll just mean a bigger loss next week!

Well said! Men usually run when they see 'period' lol :p xxx

1.5 lbs off this week brings me to 1st stone in 4 weeks xxx

Well done you! Bet you're pleased - did you ever think you'd be able to lose a stone in four weeks? xxx

Thanks 10st10 I never thought I would be able to get a stone off in first month so i'm delighted just gives you the extra boost when you reach those little milestones lol xxxxxx

Back