THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT!!!

Hi all.
Let me strat by telling you that I have had a great 3 days! I know that three days is not long to be celebrating anything, but I'm feeling so good about things I thought I'd share it with you.

I've been doing sw plan since April, but not going to classes, just doing it alone at home. I started off positive about losing weight, but started to lose motivation by week 4-5 and seriously thought about giving up:sigh:. But after talking to people on the forum, I had the strength to carry on for a bit longer:confused:. I had been doing sw on the green plan since forever, and initially my weight loss was consistant but then it slowed down. Again, thanks to the enthusiasm of the forum menbers and reading others' stories and food diaires I made the decision to change my plan. I did some research and chose to try EE. I was extremely nervous to say the least as I rarely eat meat and after losing 2.7 stone in weight on green in the past, I was very anxious about switching:eek:. I switched non-the-less and hey presto..............weight loss is back on track!! I've been on the scales this morning and am now grinning from ear-to-ear!!! My BMI has reduced toa healthy range, along with my weight. I have still got some weight to lose, but I'm feeling great today and even more positive about reaching my goal:). I'm so glad I posted on this forum and even more pleased with all the support that I have received from you all - thank you. I'm soooooo going to enjoy my full english estra easy breakfast this morning and am looking forward to the week ahead!:):):):):)

Thank you all again

Well done you! That's great xxx

I admire anyone who loses weight, but to do it alone without going to a class is (just my opinion) so much more difficult and requires (again, just my opinion/experience) just that bit more willpower. I know loads of people on here who successfully do it alone, and I think they're flipping marvelous - it's not something I'm capable of though :( lol

So a big well done to you! Enjoy your success xxx

Hey, Bev.
Thank you so much for your reply. I went to a class when I lost weight years ago, but felt that I didn't belong there by the class members who had been members for a long time. I felt like an outsider who never really fitted in, and as I (to them) only had 2ish stone to lose I felt that they were looking at me and saying 'why's she here? I'm fortunate though I suppose as when my weight was in double figures I was still only in a size 10-12 even though I was overweight by 3 stones - I think they didn't see me as fat so I didn't belong......................its sad, but true - so going back to a class is not really an option this time for me. the decision was either go it alone - or stay overweight and unhappy.

People like that do my flipping head in! Why can't they see that people like you are taking control of their weight before it becomes more of a problem than it is already! I wish I had taken control of my weight when I was less overweight than I am now!

Well done sweetie, and good luck with the rest of your journey xxx

Hey, Bev.
Thank you so much for your reply. I went to a class when I lost weight years ago, but felt that I didn't belong there by the class members who had been members for a long time. I felt like an outsider who never really fitted in, and as I (to them) only had 2ish stone to lose I felt that they were looking at me and saying 'why's she here? I'm fortunate though I suppose as when my weight was in double figures I was still only in a size 10-12 even though I was overweight by 3 stones - I think they didn't see me as fat so I didn't belong......................its sad, but true - so going back to a class is not really an option this time for me. the decision was either go it alone - or stay overweight and unhappy.

I went to a class like this a few years ago and even though I only had to lose jst over a stone to get to my first target I never made it there. This time around I have joined a different class which is a 10 minute drive (the other one was a 2min walk) and have gone every week since the 4th Jan (apart from 2week holiday) and have lost 1stone 10.5lb. I really enjoy going to class and have made some good friends.

I went to a class like this a few years ago and even though I only had to lose jst over a stone to get to my first target I never made it there. This time around I have joined a different class which is a 10 minute drive (the other one was a 2min walk) and have gone every week since the 4th Jan (apart from 2week holiday) and have lost 1stone 10.5lb. I really enjoy going to class and have made some good friends.

Good for you Louise, and well done! xxx

Well done! If only I had got my weight under control at that stage! People that go with a small amount to lose are the clever ones!

Back