The Gossip Dieter

Hi guys :wavey:
Thanks for all the lovely comments :D

Isn't it hot today. It was scorching out on the playground at lunchtime and the children seemed a bit grumpy, probably over hot, we tried to encourage them in to the shade but they didn't want to! What can you do huh? :sigh:

Fridge is running low of food but shopping day isn't until Saturday so I'm trying to get by on what we do have. So lunch ended up as a chicken noodle cup-a-soup, rice cake with Philadelphia and an apple yoghurt. Dinner tonight is a chicken salad (I had husband run out this afternoon and pick up some salad leaves!) because it's just too warm for any of my one pot meals.

What is everyone else eating in this warm weather?

Morning :wavey: hope you're all well!

Been a couple of says since I updated here. Been "busy" enjoying some toddler free time. Mostly involved reading books and watching a few episodes of Torchwood and Dr Who (Yes - I'm a proud geek!)

Diet is going well. The first two weeks on Rosemary Conley ask you to eat 1200 calories a day and then you move on to 1400 calories for the two following weeks. Now I'm in my third week I've been upped to the 1400 calories, those 200 calories extra seem HUGE :) and I am more than satisfied with the amount of food I've been eating. The plan has also encouraged me to start eating more veggies and a new favourite in our house is vegetarian chilli. This is roughly what I put in it - I'm a bit slapdash about things when I cook these days so it changes every time I make it:

2 onions, diced
2 carrots
3 sticks celery
handful mushrooms, chopped (I'm trying to learn to like these!)
handful cherry tomatoes
2 bell peppers
1 can chickpeas
1 can kidney beans
2 tins chopped tomatoes
water
1tsp cumin
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp coriander
1/2tsp hot chilli powder
dash of balsamic vinegar
dash of worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

I fry up the onions, add in all the other veggies except cherry tomatoes and then all of the spices (not the salt and pepper!) cook that for about 10 minutes then add in the tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and kidney beans. Take one of the empty tins and fill it with water, add that to the pot. Bring to the boil, add vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and then turn down and simmer until cooked.

I serve mine with a little bit of rice. Seems to be a huge hit in our house, even the toddler loves it! :D

Can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to posting weigh in results. In my defence I have been very busy with my toddler, we took a road trip yesterday and didn't get back home to 9pm. Someone was seriously overtired by that point, I'll leave you to decide which one of us it was ;)

Anyway, onto weigh in results. This week I:

LOST 4LBS!!

Couldn't believe it. The first week I lost 5lb but then the next 2lb and I figured I'd settle down to a pattern of decent 1 or 2lb losses. Then up pops this 4lb loss. Awesome :D

Zumba was amazing as always. New track this week - Jai Ho I believe it was called. I laughed my way through it the first time because my friends dancing was cracking me up but it's quickly becoming my new fav track!

Can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to posting weigh in results. In my defence I have been very busy with my toddler, we took a road trip yesterday and didn't get back home to 9pm. Someone was seriously overtired by that point, I'll leave you to decide which one of us it was ;)

Anyway, onto weigh in results. This week I:

LOST 4LBS!!

Couldn't believe it. The first week I lost 5lb but then the next 2lb and I figured I'd settle down to a pattern of decent 1 or 2lb losses. Then up pops this 4lb loss. Awesome :D

Zumba was amazing as always. New track this week - Jai Ho I believe it was called. I laughed my way through it the first time because my friends dancing was cracking me up but it's quickly becoming my new fav track!

well done on the loss :) I love zumba too it's so much fun, not a thing like exercising! Have a good day.X

Well done!!

Morning everyone :wavey:
An early post from me as it's my turn to get up with the toddler. He requested we get up at 5am. I politely declined his offer, we settled on 6:20 in the end.

I have a confession to make. I have been SUPER slack with my exercise. Apart from my Zumba class and walking to work and back everyday I really haven't been doing any, not good :( so I am determined to get to the gym today. There really is no excuse, I am a member of the budget gym Gym4All and I only live a few minutes walk from it so really it's just a case of being lazy rather than anything else. Got. To. Exercise.

I also have a secret to share. Something I haven't told any other people. I'd love to do a triathlon one day :D there's just something about them that I find really exciting and amazing. I love to read blog posts of people who have completed them. They seem a lot more prolific in the US rather than the UK though. :confused: I guess just more opportunities and places to hold them.

What type of exercise do you enjoy doing?

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I updated, sorry about that...
Anyway :wavey: HI!
I promise I haven't "fallen off the wagon" or anything. I didn't have a weigh in to post last week because I didn't go to group. The two women who I go with (one of them drives us there!) didn't go and I didn't fancy having to pay out £9 in taxi fares as well as £5.80 for class. I did go this week, the woman who drives didn't go again but the other did and so we split the cost of the taxi.

I was a bit disappointed we didn't get to do my new favourite track which is Jai Ho because we ran out of time but we did do Gasolina with I love too :) While we were doing our cool down our group leader was explaining that her and another woman will be holding a zumbathon for charity in January. 2 hours of Zumba :D I'm really excited to take part!

On to weigh in. Last night I:

LOST 6lbs :bliss:

So that's my first stone lost plus some more for good luck :) In 5 weeks I have lost 1st 3lbs (17lbs) and I couldn't be happier :D

Excellent, well done. The zumbathon sounds like fun. Is it Rosemary Conley you are doing? Enjoy your evening xx

Hiya :wavey: yes it is a Rosemary Conley class I got to. It's run by a really lovely lady called Susan. I never really paid any attention to Rosemary classes before (although I have done weightwatchers!) but a friend asked me to go along with her and I figured why not? :D I really love it. I like the fact that before weigh in we have a 45 minute exercise class. I just think it gives a really great message that losing weight and being healthy is more than just eating less. It's basically a plan for calorie counting but also watching the fat intake to. The meal ideas they give are great, I usually find with things like this that the meals they suggest just aren't something I would eat or aren't suitable for the whole family but with Rosemary Conley meals there's always something I fancy trying.

I've been using my zumba game a bit in the last week but I have to admit, I don't love it :sigh: it's a bit too complicated for me lol. The thing I love about my zumba class is that I can keep up with most of the moves since it incorporates exercise movements in as well as dance ones. With the game it seems to be all dance movements and the speed is a bit faster. I also don't love the track choices for the game. :( so my friend and I have decided to loan each other our games. She has Dance Central which I wouldn't mind having a little go on though, again, probably too complicated for uncoordinated me and she wants to have a try at the zumba one. So it's a win win situation :D

I'm not sure what to cook for dinner tonight. I think chicken curry. What is everyone else having?

I did RC for about five weeks and really got on with it. I stopped going for various reasons and have managed fine without a class that I haven't looked for another one. I thought I was going to struggle with the "low" calorie intake but I was fine and it made me think about what I was eating and I still think about it to this day and use the measuring cups.

Great idea about swapping the games, I hadn't thought of that! I'm not sure I know anyone here that has a Wii though :-(

Hope you enjoyed your curry if that is what you settled on! Enjoy your evening xx

Afternoon all :wavey:

How is everyone today? I am feeling great because I am on holiday for the next week. I only work parttime as a dinner lady at the local school anyway but going each day does split the day up awkwardly, meaning I can't do big activities with the toddler. So I am looking forward to a week of no interruptions.

Thursday I am holding a halloween party for the toddler and some of his friends. If everyone turns up I think we will have about 13 children ranging from 4 months - 10 years old in the house. It's going to be crazy. My friends are helping cater - one friend is doing cakes/biscuits and another is doing a giant pizza. That leaves me to just buy in some snacks to go with. I also want to try making some ghosts from crushed oreo and cream cheese covered in white chocolate. We'll see if I get around to it though. I will probably make up a big side salad as I don't want to eat a lunch of pizza and cupcakes, well I do want to ;) but it's probably not such a great idea.

Is anyone doing anything fun for halloween?

Hiya, all sounds busy but fun in your world! I doubt I'll be doing anything for halloween, although I might come to yours!! Hope you're enjoying your evening xx

Ooh that sounds like so much fun! Would love to be at your party, pizza and cake sound lush!

And well done on your diet, you're doing really well :)

OH and I always celebrate Halloween, we'll make some treats and carve pumpkins, and make the house all cosy with dim light and candles. Can't wait :)

Happy weekend gossip dieter!

Hi All, :)
Is everyone enjoying their weekend?

We had a really long but fun day out today. We took the toddler to the Magna Science Museum which is just outside Sheffield. After taking two trains to get as far as Sheffield and then getting some bad directions from google maps (which tagged an extra mile or so on to our walk from train station to Magna!) we finally made it. It didn't look too promising from the outside. A really old, beat up building on an industrial estate. However, inside was AMAZING. I couldn't get great pictures because the lighting was very odd, quite dark inside which the toddler loved by creeped me out a little. THe museum is split in to 4 sections - Air, Earth, Water and Fire. I can't even pick a favourite area they were all so amazing. The best bit? We paid £10.95 per adult to get in, toddler was free AND that £10.95 covers us for as many visits as we want for the next year. Excellent :D

We seem to have done an insane amount of walking today. I guess I would estimate it at about 6 miles, so not really insane ;) but pretty darn good for me and I hope I burned off some extra calories doing it all.

We also ate lunch and dinner out today which was a big treat for us but also a bit daunting for me. Since losing weight I've tried to make my own meals as much as possible. For lunch we grabbed subway which is always a great standby. I had a 6inch wholewheat turkey breast sub with salad. I asked for them to hold the cheese but they went and put it on anyway :sigh:

For dinner we ended up going to Harvester. I was really pleasantly surprised to find they put the calories of all their food on the menu, now that is handy. I chose the Jambalaya Stack which was rice, aubergine, goats cheese and a tomato salsa type thing. 370 calories and really tasty and filling. With our meal we also got unlimited salad bar refills. I stayed away from the cold pasta, croutons etc. and has lettuce, cucumber, carrot and peppers and a smidge of honey and mustard dressing. Perfect.

I have to say I am feeling pretty proud of my eats today :angel09:

Hi Williamsmummy, sounds like you've had a great day and made some good food choices, well done. Hope you have a nice relaxing day tomorrow! xx

Back