The long road to success..........

KirstyLou12

So I did Slimming World from home around 3 years ago and lost quite abit, I also did atkins for a while but I quickly regained the weight back...I decided to join a SW group on the 9th January and I haven't looked back, I am absolutely loving being at a group and having the motivation of knowing I have to be accountable each week for my weight whatever it will be, I will be completely honest and say without group I would have definitely not stuck to plan!!
I weighed 18st 2lb when I started, I want to lose 6 stone by December, I have given myself goals throughout the year to aim for rather than just thinking about such a large number in one go. I joined with my best friend and my sister has also joined now and my other sister will be joining this week, I've found having a little bit of friendly competition is pushing me to do the best I can, not to beat them in anyway, I am so happy when they do well :)

I have lost 1stone 6.5lbs so far (6 weeks), which I am over the moon with! I have had a couple of off plan meals (KFC, Mcdonalds, Toby Carvery) these meals are always on a Thursday if I have lost which luckily I still am, but the moment I have a gain I will cut out the Thursday treat meal!...I am strict on syns the rest of the week rarely having more than 5, for now this working. I also don't really eat many carbs, even though I LOVE CARBS, but for me they do hinder weight loss..but I do try mix it up so I have a small portion of potatoes or pasta a couple of times a week if i remember to lol.

So, despite all I have just said, I have struggled since thursday to get back on track, I have eaten badly and I'm scared! Don't know what is wrong with me!!

Thursday 19th Feb - Weigh day! Lost 3.5lbs, got slimmer of the week....left group and had an alpen bar and an apple....then had fish and chips from the chip shop, I didnt have anything else til later when I had a mullerlight, a crunchie, a packet of weight watchers crisps and one of the little dairy milk bars.....why???

Friday 20th - weetabix for breakfast, An apple, 2 oranges a large mixed salad....then went to my sisters and had a Greggs sausage roll and a caramel shortbread with a coffee and then ate 2 dairy milk bars!!

Saturday 21st - weetabix for breakfast, an orange, an apple, an aplen bar...then left work and want a burger king soo bad...but we went to Toby Carvery instead i had a yorkshire pudding, mash, roast potatoes and gravy (was soooo nice)....went home and had 2 dairy milks and 2 choc mousses, I don't even know why cos I felt sick!!!

Got up this morning and I made a late big breakfast with sausages (3syns), 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans. Lunch was 2 oranges, an alpen bar and an apple, lots of water throughout day and my dinner was Ham slices, 3 laughing cow triangles (heA) and 2 ryvita (HeB)

So i am back on it today, I am thinking of having no syns for the next 3 days at all, doing completely SP days and hoping for the best on Thursday morning....

I am determined to lose this weight this year, I am aiming for a 2 and a half stone loss by April 10th and Im on track, 14.5lbs left which is doable if I just sort my head out!!

I will be keeping a daily food diary and my thoughts on here....no treat meal on Thursday methinks!!!

Well done on joining and getting back on it.

Perhaps rather than reward yourself with food try something else? Set a mini goal and when you reach it treat yourself to a treatment or some jewellery. Something you wouldn't ordinarily buy for yourself.
Some find that treat meals after a loss sets them on a cascade of 'screw it I've already fallen off the wagon what's another xyz gonna matter'. It's about changing your relationship with food and that will come slowly and in time so when it happens, draw a line and get back on plan ASAP.

You are so determined, you'll get you goal I'm sure xx

Littleone83 - Thank you for your advice, really appreciate it...I have written myself a little list of things I would like but wont buy, so will use these to reward myself with when reaching mini goals :) xx

Laptop has been playing up, got it sorted so Am back on track! Had a very good week and am keeping everything crossed for weigh in....

Monday - 2 weetabix and Milk,2 Oranges, Peppermint tea, Slices of Ham with salad, 2 Oranges and tea was Italian Meatballs from the SW website, with broccoli and Kale and randomly some mushy peas in a separate bowl!...had no syns

Tuesday - 2 weetabix and Milk, 2 oranges, 2 alpen bars (couldn't face a proper lunch). Tea was some chicken casserole that I had batch cooked with broccoli and mushy peas again (obsessed with peas right now!!) about 2syns for the casserole and then a peppermint tea :)

Possibly haven't really eaten enough but Im not hungry so I'll just go with it

I am nervous about weigh in but what will be will be, I will not be having a treat meal, I cannot carry on forever having a treat meal, My head is completely in this and I am going to succeed......with that said I am out for a few drinks on friday for my boyfriends birthday and I am SCARED! I have not drank alcohol at all since new years eve, and I really do enjoy a drink and going out but I have stopped myself, so I am nervous but determined to stay on plan, will syn my drinks as best I can and am going to make SW curry to have when we get in rather than a takeaway one! Luckily my boyfriend is also following slimming world, and my sister too so we will be able to keep each other on track......

You're welcome hun. Diaries look good but do make the most of your syns. They're there to be used. Unless you're saving them for your night out!

Don't be scared of your night out...We have to have a life after all! Just have low syn drinks and maybe alternate with a soft drink. Good call on the homemade curry.

Back