The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Thanks guys! Just a quick question - at the mo I am using a treadmill at the gym. I know I should really start running outside (in public omg!!!) is it much more difficult ? x

I run outside and have avoided using a treadmill as I find that more difficult. I've been very lucky considering I started in January and we've had the wettest weather ever this year!

I would try and get some outside running in though... I find there is a difference running on the path to grass so I'm trying to mix it up a little as the RfL I'm doing in a mixture.

As for running in public... just do it. People are either too busy to notice you or they do notice you and I bet they are thinking 'bloody hell I couldn't do that!' OR they are a runner too and they are envious you are running and they aren't at that moment in time (this is me when I see other runners and I'm not running!).

I have a fitbit! I have a Zip and I love it :D

I think running on a treadmill is more difficult! Definitely try and do some outdoor running though, now the mornings are light could get out for one early before there is anyone about?

I have a fitbit! I have a Zip and I love it :D

I have the Zip too! Recently started wearing it again. Do you fancy being Fitbit friends for some healthy competition/motivation?

Oooh I have a fitbit zip too... Thought I had lost it at the start of the week.. Was gutted x

I have the Zip too! Recently started wearing it again. Do you fancy being Fitbit friends for some healthy competition/motivation?

Ooo yes definitely! How do you add as a friend though? I'm clueless lol

Oooh I have a fitbit zip too... Thought I had lost it at the start of the week.. Was gutted x

Aww no gutted, I started a wash with mine on my running pants the other day then was looking for it and realised I was like S H I T!!!! Somehow didn't get wet though as was right in the middle.

There's a minimins group on the fitbit site https://www.fitbit.com/group/224HCR if anyone would like to join? There's only 3 of us at the moment would be great to have some more members :)

X

Wow girls!

You are seriously putting me to shame! I seem to be using the excuse of waiting for the physio appointment as a reason not to run!

Have to try to get out this weekend, hubs will be wanting to get out on his bike so I must do the same and get my but outta the house, nothing worse than feeling guilty for not going when hubby's trying to lose weight and determined to do it!!

Ooo yes definitely! How do you add as a friend though? I'm clueless lol Aww no gutted, I started a wash with mine on my running pants the other day then was looking for it and realised I was like S H I T!!!! Somehow didn't get wet though as was right in the middle. There's a minimins group on the fitbit site https://www.fitbit.com/group/224HCR if anyone would like to join? There's only 3 of us at the moment would be great to have some more members :) X

Luckily found it.. Cat had knocked it off window sill and was under my bed... Was stressing as my last lobe broke after a washer and dryer incident lol .. No way could have got another one .. Will check out the group x

Thanks guys! Just a quick question - at the mo I am using a treadmill at the gym. I know I should really start running outside (in public omg!!!) is it much more difficult ? x

I wouldn't say running outside is more difficult but it is different. Obviously a treadmill is slightly cushioned and continuously flat (unless you alter the gradient). When running outside you'll have to get use to the natural camber of the paths and roads and changing gradients. That said, I found running outside developed my stamina and strength far quicker than on the treadmill

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Whats fitbit??
I managed 4 miles last night on the treadmill. Not done any outdoor running for a while, so I may try a few miles tonight I think.

Whats fitbit??
I managed 4 miles last night on the treadmill. Not done any outdoor running for a while, so I may try a few miles tonight I think.

How do your legs feel today? I def think legs are a bit achier when you run outside and not used to it! Def helps to have a proper pair of running shoes too to reduce any pressure on your joints.

I noticed a HUUUUGE difference from treadmill to outside - my knee got sorer running outside and I wasn't able to run as fast or as long. It def knocked my confidence a bit but after I got over the initial hump, I love it now and can't imagine ever going back to a treadmill! xx

Right then! going to give outside running a go over the week end :) I've got my last session of week 3 to do. Not looked at what week 4 has in store yet..

Had my number through from bupa great Manchester run. I'm a little nervous and scared now.

Just planning an outdoor run for tomorrow morning now.

Lacking motivation to do anything today. Hoping to gain some soon as have to go for a run at some point

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck KentCat! I've been poo, not be running since Wednesday, every day I've gone to bed thinking I'll go tomorrow and when my alarm goes off at 6am I just can not be bothered! Got lots of uni work on at the moment which is stressing me out. Handing a big chunk of it in tomorrow though so fingers crossed will be able to get back out there soon!

X

I haven't been able to go for a run since last Monday so looking forward to getting out for one tomorrow. I keep telling myself that I'm just going to go for it tomorrow... no faffing, no whining... just a lot of running! Mainly because at the next Parkrun I'd quite like to make it round a lot quicker to see a certain guy in the cafe ;)

Good luck with handing in your work tomorrow Clareel... I used to really like handing my work in as that was it! No rewriting it, no worrying about it etc... it was done!

Hello! I'm looking for a runners thread to join...can I join this one? Congrats on the 10k :)

Welcome! Have you been running for long?x

Well done!! How do you feel after?

Thank you! My knee is really sore, but it always is after longer runs. It gets a little twinge eek! But I feel good. Tired and my face is really warm (it was ROASTING!) but all in all good :) probably shouldn't be going out for drinks now but sure! Haha!x

Back