The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

In the build up to my 5K race for life I want to pick up speed, I run 1K to the station each night and I've decided rather than gently jogging, which is what I've done to date, I'm going to go all out and try and run it as fast as possible. I'm hoping that doing that each day will help my cardio and build up pace. Today I did it in 5:50 whereas on a normal run I'm between 6:30 and 7minutes per Km

I'll let you know how I get on

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find I have to run every two days or I struggle...not sure why, but if I leave it too long between runs I find it v difficult.

In the build up to my 5K race for life I want to pick up speed, I run 1K to the station each night and I've decided rather than gently jogging, which is what I've done to date, I'm going to go all out and try and run it as fast as possible. I'm hoping that doing that each day will help my cardio and build up pace. Today I did it in 5:50 whereas on a normal run I'm between 6:30 and 7minutes per Km

I'll let you know how I get on

Brill sounds like a great idea KentCat! I bet that will improve your normal running speed as well :)

I find I have to run every two days or I struggle...not sure why, but if I leave it too long between runs I find it v difficult.

I think I have just found out the hard way that I am the same lol!

Couldn't even run this morning :( tried to, but I'm too achy from training most days :(

Sounds like you are training hard Beckie! Take a rest day today and do something tomorrow :)

Really Jennie? That makes me feel a little better that it's not just me! Was so weird, cause I haven't been in a while was just planning on doing 3-4K but even that was totally out of the question! Will go again Thursday, hopefully will be better then! X

Last week, I managed 4 miles on Wednesday, then friday I could barely run 1 mile and then sunday, )after a carvery and glass of wine) i managed 4.5 miles?!
Crazy!
I'm in the pink wave for 10k, whats everyone else in?

Listen to your body Beckie - sounds like you need a rest day to let your body repair itself xx

I think im going to have a lie in tomorrow and day off :D

Hi gang!

I've decided to give my knees a break and do something else so I'm on day 2 of 30 day shred, it's bloody hard! You think when you run that your quite fit but phew, this tells me otherwise ;)

Good luck with the shred Lucy!

Just managed my first full 5k in over 2 weeks, took me 35 min which is a little slower than I had been running but still really happy with it, especially considering I couldn't even manage 0.5k on Monday!

Just worked out that if I run every other day, I only have 14 runs until my 'proper' 10K eek! I want to get a few longer distances in before then e.g. 8-10k so will be doing those at the weekends, starting with Saturday :)

Good luck all!

Good luck with the longer runs Clareel!

I was supposed to go out for a run today but it's been raining all morning. I went to the running shop instead and bought new trainers, tried loads on but settled on a pair of Pearl Izumi Road N2's as they were the most comfortable and provided the right support for me. Looking at the gait analysis was interesting especially in trainers which didn't have as much support and I rolled quite badly.

20140508_105427.jpg 20140508_105459.jpg

They are quite pretty too which is a bonus! Going to have to wait until Monday to test them out.

Attachments

• 20140508_105427.jpg
    20140508_105427.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 35
Good luck with the longer runs Clareel!

I was supposed to go out for a run today but it's been raining all morning. I went to the running shop instead and bought new trainers, tried loads on but settled on a pair of Pearl Izumi Road N2's as they were the most comfortable and provided the right support for me. Looking at the gait analysis was interesting especially in trainers which didn't have as much support and I rolled quite badly.

View attachment 137088 View attachment 137089

They are quite pretty too which is a bonus! Going to have to wait until Monday to test them out.

I want to go for gait analysis this weekend, is it worth doing? My auntie said I should get it done.

I want to go for gait analysis this weekend, is it worth doing? My auntie said I should get it done.

Definitely worth doing. Once you start running regularly and over distance you need to ensure your feet and ankles are properly supported.

I'd recommend it... I was amazed at the difference each pair of shoes made. My friend swears by Asics and was sure that's what I'd need however when I ran in them and we watched the video back my feet rolled so much in them. I need something with a little more support and went through trying on a lot of different brands/styles.

Ooo RM07 they are so pretty! Really need to go and get a gait analysis and stop buying whatever is in the sale in sports direct!

X

Haha that's just like me sports direct specials lol

Jenniecakes I was recommended to go to tobutt shoes on Blackburn Rd in Bolton and they were very helpful. A health trainer suggested them. Another friend had a less good experience with them but they were great for me.

Did an 8K this morning, slow at 55 minutes but felt good to run that distance again. Plan for the week is shorter runs of 5-7k M,W,F and then aiming for a 10K next Sunday. Think I got the bug back!!

All this talk of running shoes is making me want to go and do a massive shopping spree for running gear haha!

Speaking of which does anyone have any recommendations for running stuff that is actually really nice? I just wear 3/4 lycra legging type things and a t-shirt at the moment which is fine, but I don't love them if you know what I mean?

Would really like to get some stuff that I proper love as I think it would motivate me to go lol! I like some of the stuff on sweatybetty but too expensive for my student income. Any ideas?

X

Back