The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Awww no, well a day off work sounds good, rest up! Hopefully by the weekend you're feeling much better and the antibiotics hopefully works a charm!! :)

Eeeep, 5 miles in the morning! Currently plotting the route I'll take, up and out at 9am, get it over with :p

Hee hee, well I'm off work this week!

Didn't do my 5 miles this morning as we stayed up late watching Breaking Bad, so I'll be running tomorrow morning instead :) a rest day is probably a good idea anyway! May do a speed mile Friday morning before weigh in as it helps me mentally to prepare! :p

Erghhh...went over my syns by 5 today. Sick of letting myself down now! The 1lb gain on the scales this morning upset me...I dunno what it's gonna take to get to target

Hee hee, well I'm off work this week!

Didn't do my 5 miles this morning as we stayed up late watching Breaking Bad, so I'll be running tomorrow morning instead :) a rest day is probably a good idea anyway! May do a speed mile Friday morning before weigh in as it helps me mentally to prepare! :p

Erghhh...went over my syns by 5 today. Sick of letting myself down now! The 1lb gain on the scales this morning upset me...I dunno what it's gonna take to get to target

OMG I finished BB on sunday, serious withdrawal already!!!! Cry cry cry, at least The Walking Deas will soon be back to keep me entertained!!

So, i'm thinking about following a plan to get me ready for a 10k. I can run 5k without stopping but I don't find it easy in any way!!! Can you recommend what I do next?? A training plan or something? Obviously I will go look myself but if you know of one that will suit me please share! ;)

I struggled after doing the Couch to 5k to find a training program to upgrade me to 10k too. So I used the Nike app, the new Coaching tool sets you a training regime to gradually increase up to another milestone such as 10k. It basically works on the principal of interval speed training. For instance I'm doing the 12 week program now to get to a half marathon, week 2 I'm running 5 miles twice a week with speed training. 3 minutes of running fast then 2 minutes at comfortable pace etc etc. I find the Nike+ Running app brill, I compete with my friends on there :D

I ran 5.1 miles this morning at the speed interval training - fabulous! :D I am knackered though :D

Total miles: 62.8 miles

I've downloaded the Nike one so I really must look into it properly tomorrow.

Its my day off but I have my 3 yr old to look after. Hubby should be up by lunch so i've done my playlist and if the rain isn't hammering i'm going out............Urggg, just checked, Heavy rain all dam day!!!! :(

You'll love it! PM me your nike username if you like and I'll add you so you have someone's stats to look at and compare to when you start running :D

We are on breaking bad series 5 episode 3 at moment....eeeep! Watched all 4 seasons in less than a week! Productive :p but I have ran 8 miles since Sunday so far so not completely lazy!

Oh so your nearing the end too then! We start game of thrones this weekend, can't stand tv anymore so we need something to look forward too!!

Yes I will have a look and see what I put as my name and let you know thanks!

:D we've been watching The Tomorrow People, Helix just started too and Being Human....I've consumed all the Greys Anatomies...we need another old series to watch! My mother in law watches game of thrones..hubby doesn't seem too interested in it.

9 mile run in the morning! Excited =D

9 miles....Eeek, whats the furthest you've ever run??

Whats the weather like by you as we've had torrential rain here in wales all day! :(

Yup furthest run yet! Done 6 miles last Sunday and we are being over confident wanting to run up to the next lake by our house and then back again :D love it! Taking a sugar free sports drink and energy tablets with me just in case I need a boost ^.^

Bad bad weather at start of week, showers today so hopefully it's just light rain at the worst tomorrow morning. I've ran in a downpour before - it's not so bad! Toughens you up :D figured it may rain on race day and we can't back out then so I should prepare myself :)

Your doing so so well Lauren! Its such a strange thing is running. The idea of going out sometimes is awful but today I really wanted to go, i'd got everything ready but I took little one to playgroup and wanted to leave him for the first time but he was having none of it :(

By the the time hubby woke up it was hammering it down and I just couldn't face it, I really want to attempt my old run and see if I can still do it but i'm using the rain as an excuse maybe?? Anyway i've no excuses for tomorrow. Hubs wakes from his night shift about 10, i've got a food delivery 10-11 but i'm sure he can cope if I go out!!!

Running makes you feel great but what I hate is the way I beat myself up when I don't go!!!

Precisely why you should just head out there :) the number of times I've thrown myself out the door because I want that 'high' from the feelin afterwards that I did it and didn't stay at home wishing I had.

I was worried for first 10 minutes running in rain, that I was an idiot and should of got a better waterproof coat etc and gloves...but those 10 minutes passed and I couldn't stop and turning back was no longer on my mind!! I used hair grips to pin my hood to my hair/head :D

Perhaps if it's raining and you really wanna go, tell yourself you'll just do a quick mile?? Anything is better than nothing and a ten minute speed mile in the rain won't do any damage. Never know you may feel like the rain isn't too bad that day and carry on a bit further :) :)

Just imagine me giving you a gentle push out the door :D haha. Don't beat yourself up if you don't go though =-)

Whoooop! Enjoy Lucy!

Just did 9.4 miles!!!!!!!!

1300 calories burned and scales also say I'm 2 1/2lbs lighter than ydays weigh in.

I am in such a good mood now =)

Total: 72.2 miles

Brilliant! You've clearly got that lovely high. I'm going to go out tomorrow, my cough has finally gone.

Think I'll be back to a 3-5k with a bit of walking. Hopefully I can bounce back quickly. It's most of a month of not running. I feel so much better now.

I was doing dry January which has helped my losses, I'm counting on running to balance some wine this month.

Well my mapping app failed us and we got lost twice so stopped at 7 1/2 for one minute then again at 9 miles for 2 minutes. So all in all not bad! My knees started to feel like lead at 7 miles so I know what point I get exhausted now. I didn't eat enough carbs yesterday so I'm sure that didn't help either!

So happy :) my legs are throbbing a little bit though!

With the two little stops, took us 1hr 50minutes. Just need to make sure we can do 15 miles in 3 hours or less now =D

Back