The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

4.3 miles today in just over 47 mins, it was hard!

Knee started to twinge and I think I ignored it too much, iced it when I got back but when I looked after it was all swollen inside the tape, it was also sore to put weight on it, hoping it's better tomorrow!

I gained 3lbs...over it now...got a 10 mile run in the morning!! =D

Well done on your mileage!!! But REST!!! Swelling is never good take a good week off at least or it's going to be made worse. Ice it every 4 hours for a few days, I'd hate to hear that you have runner's knee :-/

We will see if I can get up stairs shortly.... My knee does this now and again, physio said it wasn't runners knee just hyper mobility hence I wear tape. It was only a bit puffy in the between the tape so I'm hoping it's ok!

Sorry to hear about your gain, you weren't expecting it were you?

10 milled, are you mad?! Good luck though!!!!

I was expecting it but didn't feel my syn intake was bad enough for 3!! Dunno what happened to my body this month perhaps it was just an off one!! Struggling more and more to figure out what my syns and free food intake should be :-/ ....I'll figure it out soon!

I changed my mind, not going to do 10 miles I've only got one week until the 10k race so I should probably concentrate on that distance. I am going to do the full 10k today though and do it with the negative splits technique. So that will be interesting!

Have just found this thread and so happy I'm also a runner and would love to chat with and encourage others who enjoy it.

I started running 3 years ago and at my best did a half marathon in 2012. Then like many heavier people the weight took it's toll on my body and injury forced me to stop. I've gradually piled on more weight till I was 17st 8lbs.

Enough was enough and I'm slowly and steadily starting from scratch. I'm running about 2K a couple of nights a week and then usually a longer run about 5K on a weekend. In May I'm running a race for life 5K with goal to beat my time from 3yrs ago.

Will keep you updated on my progress

Hi KentCat welcome!!! You'll be doing 5ks as your short run and 10ks at weekends in no time!! =D

Lucy I didn't manage it...I tried to do the negative splits....disaster!!! I eventually started walking at the 5mile mark and finished at 6 miles =( annoying!!! Negative splits are supposed to be the perfect way to run a race as you conserve energy...I'm not so sure I'll ever attempt it again it was so hard. My pace was bad at 10m40s...at my best I've done 9m25s....

Feeling disheartened but I'm running 5k tomorrow morning and saving the last 10k for Thursday....I thought negative splits would be great now I'm too scared to 'pace myself' I will have to just test the waters and figure out the best way for me to run....

Race day next Sunday!!! =D

Could it have been an off day? I struggled with 5k Thursday but did 7.5k today and enjoyed it. Pretty damn chuffed with that as my furthest was 8k on NYE then got a chest infection. Bodies can be weird. (And welcome kentcat).

I'm hoping this will combat general off planness till today. 750cals today plus 500 Thurs and Tues should help right?

Agreed, an off day?

I've done no running since fri, rested my knee and I think, well I hope to be ok for tues normal run. Thinking about it my knee started to twinge after one of the hills so perhaps that's it, tues run is flat so I can compare :)

I hope it was just a fluke!!! Also bad route as it didn't even equate to 6.2miles so that annoyed me too.

I've been SO bad this week off plan :( :( I only need to lose 1lb why am I messing this up?? 8 syns today so not done too bad but running hasn't been great. Planning on running tomorrow after work at 5.15, don't care if it's dark I need to get 3 miles in! Then 10k on Friday and I can't decide if I should do anything Saturday before the race on Sunday?? They say you should brisk walk at least so perhaps I'll run 1 mile.

Eeeeek nerves =D

Good luck for Sunday, I would definitely keep it short and easy if you do do anything on Sunday.

First long mid week run for me tonight, 5K back from the station

Drum roll please.....

6.1 miles in 1.04hrs! Yippee! Not bad for my first attempt at 10k, ok I know it wasn't quite there but I couldn't face anymore running!

Want to try it again next week if possible, Lauren I don't know how you do it alone though, I needed my running buddy so badly to keep me going!

I just done 6.2miles myself... 1hr 2mins 23seconds...so mad it wasn't faster but perhaps the atmosphere on Sunday will shave a minute off??!! :)

Well done Lucy! That's incredible bet you're feeling chuffed! I loooove running alone, my friend slows me down sometimes! :)

Wow you're both fast. I just ran 2.86 miles tonight but in 43 mins. It suddenly clicked near the end and run keeper says I got to down to 8.22 a km which is very fast for me! Maybe there is hope. Clearly it was pancake fuelled!

Wasn't that fast really! Do you know what your pace is per mile?? My best was 9m20sec a mile but finished up at 10min3secs :( definitely shows I need an energy boost at the 4 mile mark so may invest in some energy shots to take as they should help! I have the sweets but think the gels work faster

My average is a 10 min 30 sec mile and looking at our run we did that for every mile.

I'd if preferred to see the first mile slower and maybe a faster one at mile 3 or 4 once your fully warmed up so next time I'll be suggested we do that.....that's if there's a next time..... Haven't checked how I feel on my legs yet!

Back