The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Um normally about 16 mins! It was 15mins yesterday. I'm just slow. Glad the knee's ok

Didn't quite make the 5K last night more like 4 but that was running with a ruck sack as well so I'm hoping the extra weight on my bike would have helped burn more calories. Sadly it's going to be a few days before I get back out again, came off my bike this morning when cycling to work and now nursing a bruised and grazed body. Have also damaged the bike which has really annoyed me, hope I can get it fixed quickly as I cycle to the station every day.

Glad no lasting knee damage Lucy!

KentCat I hope you get it fixed soon :(

I've been nursing a sore foot all day...immediate pain after last night's run...me and my new running shoes don't seem to be getting along, am devastated! It's the top of my foot that hurts...perhaps my laces are too tight...definitely need some stretching or thick socks to cushion them ready for Sunday :(

New to here, but have started running recently.
Have managed to run 3 miles with a couple of breaks in 35.36mins that was on the treadmill last night and managed 3 miles on sunday in 36 minutes. So looking consistent.
I do have to stop a couple of times to recooperate and get some breathe back in me.
My 10k is in May so I'm hoping to build up gradually to that.

Hi Jennie!!! Sounds like you're doing really well! Just keep up the regular running and you're tolerance will build up without you even realising it....took me months to be able to run more than 3 miles I mentally couldn't push myself. Now 10k is my minimum...it's so weird!!! I run 3 miles just when I have no time, family all think I'm mad lol :)

I'm itching to go running but I can't be trusted to take it easy!!! Lol. Soooo doing a workout at home tomorrow before the dreaded WI, then a 1 mile interval run Saturday......and that's me DONE!!! I'm off to buy some energy gels tomorrow to take on Sunday...I noticed that I had an energy spurt at 3 miles...then by 4 miles I gradually slowed down and my pace got worse....soooo I need an energy boost at that 4 mile mark. The sweets don't work, so hopefully despite the syns I can invest in the gel instead. I am absolutely terrible for pre-run nutrition I really need to do some research to create a better pre-run night meal!

Good luck with the energy gels. I don't be too fussed about by time when it comes to it. My aim is to run the whole the thing.

I've run Sunday and Wednesday so far this week. I could do with another run tonight... So I might pop my gym kit in the car and get on the treadmill after work. If not it'll be tomorrow morning.

Haha! Lucy my food mainly consists of none!!! It's really bad...I run fine...but it occurred to me that perhaps something would help than mid run slump! It's not bothered me before, I guess now I'm a bit obsessed with beating my PB every run I am starting to care about it :p

Jennie you're braver than me...I cancelled my gym membership last month, me and treadmills aren't friends lol.

Haha, I don't mind the treadmill although I tend to stop more on the treadmill...?? Not sure why.

Precisely why I don't like the treadmill....I find it borin and easier to stop. When you're outdoors it much harder to stop knowing you gotta get home and may as well run and not walk! :D

I bought a pouch of energy shot gel, and also these energy shot gummy sweets!! The sweets are 5 syns for three...looking forward to eating them!

Debating on a form of exercise at the moment hmmmm....may just wait to Sunday now; might jinx it with an accident! :p

I've not bothered with energy gels/drinks, let me know how you get on. I believe after 10k they're worth thinking about?

Hey....guess what...I have food poisoning!!!! I am so so annoyed...I do not see me running this whole race I've been up all night running back and forth to the toilet. Kill. Me. Now

:) this has just turned into 'try your best to cross the finish line' =(

I've gone a whole ten minutes now not needing to 'go' so fingers crossed eh! Lol =( it's not even funny this is a disaster

All is good!!

Finished in 1hr 2mins so my best time yet!! Also fastest mile :)

Can't post pictures phone won't let me anymore :(

I ate a banana about two hours before I think it settled my stomach!!! So thankful I ran easily and beat all my times!!!

Do it!!!! I was do nervous before, mainly as I felt nauseous and was worried I would need to stop...now I'm on a total high, planning the training for the 25k =) =)

Aw well done!! I did another 3 miles today. :) and been digging up the garden this afternoon so lots of exercise. Will definitely sleep tonight.

Back