The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Inspired by Laurenypop I headed out again today although on my bike this time. 20K covered absolutely chuffed and impressed how well my legs held out after Saturday's run. Going to get some short runs in during the week from the office to the train station and then another 5K next weekend.

Hi Laurenypop - not heard of fartleks but will definitely look into it - thanks! Ran 6k this morning which is further than I've done in over a year so was happy enough with that :) I'm trying to go 3x per week at the minute and also doing 30 day shred 3x with one rest day so keeping fairly active, but running is definitely my main goal!

Well done everyone :) X

I need to get back running _ a busy weekend has meant I didn't get a run in. Treadmill run today. And then Wednesday and Friday hopefully.

Think I've now recovered from Friday and Saturday's runs! Off out for a short 3 miles at 4.30 today as I am now slightly addicted to getting out there at every opportunity! Think it's the good weather I can't help but wanna enjoy it =) =) bring on a long sunny and bright spring and summer!

I'm so looking forward to summer as well Lauren! I like to run in the mornings so will be heaven once it's light early again and I can get out first thing :) X

Yes I'd like to get out more before work...I don't start until 10am tomorrow so thinking it would be great to get out at 8am and do 3 miles....however I know once I try to get up at 7.30 my bed will take me hostage until it's too late to go! Lol.

I have run 3.75 miles tonight so just shy of 4 miles...I seriously have the runner's bug good and proper now!! I've been SO bad with my syns for Slimming World that I feel like all this running may at least be the one thing I get right this week :-( :-/

I've not been since Wednesday, big fail! Won't make it out tonight (hubby home late) or weds (work 830-7) so I'll have to miss image therapy and go Thurs am after wi.

I've not been since Wednesday, big fail! Won't make it out tonight (hubby home late) or weds (work 830-7) so I'll have to miss image therapy and go Thurs am after wi.
I'm with you on this one, i've been super stressed and busy recently, so a run has just not been on the agenda.

Hi All, I´ve only started running 3 weeks ago, is it ok to join this thread? Could do with tips and support.

Welcome LaiocseLady and way to go on starting running.

Speaking for personal experience starting to run was the hardest thing I ever did but I was amazed at how quickly mybstamina developed and before I knew it I couldn't remember what it was like being a non runner.

My advice would be keep it steady and whilst you want to push yourself listen to your body.

We're all different abilities on here and very supportive so make sure you post your achievements and frustrations!

Welcome LaiocseLady and way to go on starting running.

Speaking for personal experience starting to run was the hardest thing I ever did but I was amazed at how quickly mybstamina developed and before I knew it I couldn't remember what it was like being a non runner.

My advice would be keep it steady and whilst you want to push yourself listen to your body.

We're all different abilities on here and very supportive so make sure you post your achievements and frustrations!

Thanks Kentcat :) I´ve started using the C25K app on my phone it only needs you to do 3 days a week but i usually go for 4 max because of work and baby etc. I find the app good, starts off with walking 90 seconds then jogging 90 seconds then increases weekly, I started week 4 Sunday but I am going to repeat it tomorrow as I wont get to go for another walk until then. I am only really doing at the moment jogging for 5 minutes max at intervals with 90 second walking breaks for 30 minutes.

Im so new to running I would usually power walk I find some days I could run for much longer, other days I am huffing and buffing after 30 seconds lol.

Well done guys :)

Managed to get up at 5 and did a little 4k around the block, managed to do it in 25mins as opposed to the 27-29 mins I had been averaging so feeling happy with that. Another short run Friday before work and then will attempt a longer one Sunday after my sleep as am on nights!

Good luck everyone X

Thanks Kentcat :) I´ve started using the C25K app on my phone it only needs you to do 3 days a week but i usually go for 4 max because of work and baby etc. I find the app good, starts off with walking 90 seconds then jogging 90 seconds then increases weekly, I started week 4 Sunday but I am going to repeat it tomorrow as I wont get to go for another walk until then. I am only really doing at the moment jogging for 5 minutes max at intervals with 90 second walking breaks for 30 minutes. Im so new to running I would usually power walk I find some days I could run for much longer, other days I am huffing and buffing after 30 seconds lol.

Oh I completely understand about ability varying run to run. I would say try and keep track of when you go out and which ones feel good and which don't. For example I much prefer my run to be the first thing I do in a morning I always feel much stronger whereas an old running mate preferred later in the day when her muscles had warmed and loosened up.

Give it time and you'll find what works best for you.

All that said I've managed to get away from work early so will be doing an evening run whilst it's still light

Kick up the bum needed my friends. I've not run since last weds. :( Tomorrow am I get weighed and then the plan is to stay for some of class till my toddler whinges, take her to nursery and go for a swift 3k before lunch and work.

It's not entirely my fault- the weekend was full of cake, booze and hangovers, Tues I had no childcare in the evening, today I worked 830-7 and hubby is out Thurs evening so I'd better get my running gear on as per the plan. Oh dear.

Oh no :( I am all too familiar with your situation to an extent...time constraints...food being out my of your hands...then no chance to run for over a week...you end up feeling worse as the days go on!! Try to just go out and run half a mile if anything...tell hubby you need a ten minute run on the worst day as you'll feel SO much better having one thing under control!

Hope you get out soon :) I'm running tomorrow, need to get 3 miles in and pray to god that I can get 1lb off for Friday or another stinky maintain...

Hold on hun! Sorry about the gain but it's the lifeline to be 110% on it like a car bonnet!!! We can DO this!! I'm ready for a teeny gain too and don't care...I feel so motivated it's unreal!!! I will do this within 7 days, no brainer!!!

Going to run tomorrow, before I start roasting a 12lb turkey!!! ;-)

Up at 5am, out the door 5:15am, 5:25am I trip over my own feet and fall, sliding along the pavement scraping the skin off my left hand, knee and elbow in the process = fail

Still got back up and finished my run though lol.

Hope you all have more success than me today!

X

Back