The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Hi. I have been following this thread for a while and often have a quick read before going out on a run for motivation!
I am running the London Marathon in 4 short weeks and am no way prepared enough. Had my 2nd son nine months ago and only starting exercising again once I got my place in the marathon. Training is hard as I have 2 small boys, I work and my husband is in the army so is away a lot. I was up to 10 miles and then got inflammation in my knee and have been out for 4 weeks :-(
my first run is in a minute. Gonna go slow and steady and run/walk just to test my knee out. Gutted I haven't been able to stick to my training plan. I'm hoping I have enough base level fitness to see the race through, even if I have to walk parts. I hope you don't mind if I keep popping on here over the next few weeks, I need all the help I can get!
X

Forgot to post in this thread. Did 3 and a bit (can't remember the exact amount) miles Wednesday and today, hope to get out tomorrow and Sunday for the same if not more.

Such a great feeling when you are finished and jumping in the shower after... It's like mission accomplished lol

Hi Totty, that sounds like a tricky situation. I believe hal higson does training that is half walking/running, maybe he's worth checking out?

Forgot to post in this thread. Did 3 and a bit (can't remember the exact amount) miles Wednesday and today, hope to get out tomorrow and Sunday for the same if not more. Such a great feeling when you are finished and jumping in the shower after... It's like mission accomplished lol

Sounds like you're definitely finding the love.

Just back from a 4K run which I did in 25mins which is fantastic improvement on my time last week. Really chuffed

Hi all!

Just about to leave for my first run since thurs after something went ping! Hope I'm going to be ok.

We did 1.5miles then 30min spin and I didn't feel right on my bike, like I was slipping off but I rallied through it and when we started to run after something literally went ping in my right calf, it wasn't pleasant! The leader walked back with me but we did a slower jog after a few minutes and it just felt like tender, managed to stretch ok and I do feel fine but it's just once we start running I'm worried about!

Oh well, I must give it a go at the least!

Ok so the calf thing has gone but i'm back to square one with me knees :( After about 4 miles they both started, I managed to finish though, just got to see if any damage has happened tomorrow. 6.5 miles today in 1hr 11mins, some of it uphills and some walking breaks so i'm pretty happy with that overall! Done my physio exercises today too, I am commited to doing them, and if my knee still hurts I will just have to go back to docs

Last edited:
Hi all! I've not run in a whole :-/ BUT I have booked myself in for a date with the running shoes at 4.45 tomorrow!! Going to run 3 miles. I really do t fancy a long run this week, I'm doing all early shifts too. Think I may attempt 10 miles Saturday morning though! Hubby will be at work so I'll have all the Me Time in the world =D

Hi girls, lucy it sounds like you may need to take it easy!

Lauren, I managed 6k on Saturday, met a neighbour who asked how far I'd run and replied 'only 6k'. I then thought wow, how things have changed!

Anyway, I think I'll also do my run tonight if it's still so pleasant. Dh doesn't get home till 7 but even at 730 it may not be pitch dark now. Hurray for longer days.

Did 5.84k yesterday and 5.56k today run and walking intervals. I've gone back to week 4 of the C25K because I just don't feel ready for week 5.

I can't believe I even went today gale force winds and lashed rain the last 10 minutes I was out, was like a drowned rat coming home lol.

Why or how did everyone else take up running?

Well done lairoscelady for running in that weather! I started running in 2011 as signed up for the race for life with 2 friends. I really, really thought I hated running until then but honestly was the best thing I ever did :)

X

Thanks Clareel glad I did it at the time I wanted to just go home and sulk lol. I have set myself my own little goal running 5k by June, don´t mind the time, once I can master that then I´ll work on my times lol :)

Why or how did everyone else take up running?

I was asked to be a bridesmaid by my best friend and said no as I didn't want to be the fat one wearing the same dress as out size 10 and 12 friends. It was a wake up call that only I could do something about my size. Started slowly and built it up and at my fittest ran a half marathon. I'm not that fit anymore sadly due to an injury but building it up again.

I was asked to be a bridesmaid by my best friend and said no as I didn't want to be the fat one wearing the same dress as out size 10 and 12 friends. It was a wake up call that only I could do something about my size. Started slowly and built it up and at my fittest ran a half marathon. I'm not that fit anymore sadly due to an injury but building it up again.

I also have a wedding its in June, that´s the goal date I´ve set myself for my 5k also. I have to read something in front of everyone and I´m dreading it so it was another reason to lose weight and try feel good about myself.

I took up running because I couldn't fit in other exercise around two small children. I was very nervous about it at almost 18st and then they held a recruitment day for health trainers at my work and I chatted to one of them who said of course I find take up running.

I got a Fitbit and tried to incorporate more walking into my day and walked to school (big Hill) with daughter and littlun in a push chair. Then I started zombies 5k (c25k app) in July.

Anyway, I got up to 5k in 8 weeks, did the movember 5k in November and decided to aim for manchester 10k (may) to keep the momentum going. I also decided the last week of November to join sw as wanted to run faster.

After 2st I'm up to 9.5k and slowly speeding up my shorter distances but my 9.5k was in an hour and 40mins with walking so need to nail it.

Hoping to lose another stone by mid may to help the speed. Then I'll see how I've improved if I keep at it till November.

Running is definitely a great way to lose weight. As well as physically helping you burn those calories I think the added knowledge that as you get lighter you'll get quicker is such a motivator.

I've a 5K in May and my aim is to be quicker than I was 3 years ago. If that goes well I'm going to consider stepping it up again and going for a 10K although don't think I'll ever do a half marathon again that was hard work!

I took up running because I couldn't fit in other exercise around two small children. I was very nervous about it at almost 18st and then they held a recruitment day for health trainers at my work and I chatted to one of them who said of course I find take up running.

I got a Fitbit and tried to incorporate more walking into my day and walked to school (big Hill) with daughter and littlun in a push chair. Then I started zombies 5k (c25k app) in July.

Anyway, I got up to 5k in 8 weeks, did the movember 5k in November and decided to aim for manchester 10k (may) to keep the momentum going. I also decided the last week of November to join sw as wanted to run faster.

After 2st I'm up to 9.5k and slowly speeding up my shorter distances but my 9.5k was in an hour and 40mins with walking so need to nail it.

Hoping to lose another stone by mid may to help the speed. Then I'll see how I've improved if I keep at it till November.

Woow thats fantastic! I hope I can be as successful as you. I walk and run because I´m seriously unfit lol. I´ve considered getting a fitbit would you recommend them?

Running is definitely a great way to lose weight. As well as physically helping you burn those calories I think the added knowledge that as you get lighter you'll get quicker is such a motivator.

I've a 5K in May and my aim is to be quicker than I was 3 years ago. If that goes well I'm going to consider stepping it up again and going for a 10K although don't think I'll ever do a half marathon again that was hard work!

The weight loss is a huge motivator. I dont get a lot of time for myself so any exercise I do get has to be quick and effective.

Do you think you will be ready for your 5k in May?

The weight loss is a huge motivator. I dont get a lot of time for myself so any exercise I do get has to be quick and effective. Do you think you will be ready for your 5k in May?

I can do the distance so that's not an issue whether I'll be as quick as I'd like it's difficult to say. It's quite hilly where I run so my time reflects that. Hoping on a slightly flatter course I could take some time off.

I can do the distance so that's not an issue whether I'll be as quick as I'd like it's difficult to say. It's quite hilly where I run so my time reflects that. Hoping on a slightly flatter course I could take some time off.

Gosh I hate hills, Its the same where I live, every where I go I have to go up a hill at some stage, I cant avoid them unless I go around in a circle lol

Gosh I hate hills, Its the same where I live, every where I go I have to go up a hill at some stage, I cant avoid them unless I go around in a circle lol

We have one near us that is about 1k long just slowly climbing, I feel like Rocky when I get to the top :)

Back