The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

We have one near us that is about 1k long just slowly climbing, I feel like Rocky when I get to the top :)

I would be humming "eye of the tiger" all the way lol

Hi :)

Do you mind if I join in with this thread? I started 'running' in January and have signed up for the Race for Life in June. At the moment I'm running for 25 minutes and managing 3.5km in that time. It's been a struggle at times but the last few runs have been enjoyable!

I´ve considered getting a fitbit would you recommend them?

I bought a FitBit last year and was doing really well with it until I became really demotivated by my friends list and their huge amount of steps per day. Plus it was winter and I was finding it harder and harder to reach the 10k minimum. I will dig it out again thought... maybe at the start of May.

I run quite slow but my 'tactic' is to get running the 5km and just keep at it... I'm hoping speed will just naturally increase the more comfortable I get with running 5km!!

Hi-im new to minimins-hope you dont mind me posting here?

Ive been on SW for almost 3 weeks and loving it-done it before but it never clicked.

Anyway i love running and all things exercise wise. im not the fastest but i keep plodding on!

Donna

Hi all!!

I am in love with my fitbit, I couldn't go a day without wearing it I love tracking things!!! Really hope the new wireless earphones come out soon they look immense ...

3 litres drank today, 15,000 steps, ran 3 miles....it's been a good day!

Ran my fastest mile today of the whole year since I started. It's no Olympic record but 9 minutes 10 seconds....I'm really proud that today was such a wicked result =D

Hope you are all doing well...get out there and get motivated it's brill!

Sooo this is June 2013 and March 2014! So just nearly year on! I think it may be just under 2 stone difference but the inches are for sure gone and mainly down to running!! Cannot believe the difference in my hips

keep at it everyone....so worth it when you can go out in your running gear and not feel it squishing you like a sausage skin! I didn't have a photo from when I started SW unfortunately when I started running but not far off this :)

Size 12 trousers in first pic, size 8 in latest. They do squish me a bit but it's comfortable and reminds me to run faster lmao =D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
You can really see the difference between the photos... you look great!

Such an inspiration Laurenypop, I hope by this time next year I'll be doing as well as you.

I was talking to my husband about getting the fitbit he's thinks something with a heart rate monitor that I could link to my running apps would be better (he must think I am on the way out) does the fitbit have that or is it just a pedometer? Once I start looking into it I get overwhelmed with every thing and just give up

Did 5.40km today in my fastest time yet. Mix of walking and running.

Laurenypop that's incredible, I hope to follow in your footsteps.

I'm still very much a beginner runner- at the moment I can run 4k, hope to push that up to 5k in the next couple of weeks. Still pretty slow (12:20 minute mile) but at the moment I'm really not bothered, just happy to be running. :D

I need to get training more. ATM I managed approx 2 runs a week... Which really isn't good enough?!!?
Going tonight, whether it kills me or not!

I went out this morning. I'm up to running for 28 mins (I use an app on my phone) and did 3.85km in that time. I'm very slow but still amazed I can manage the full 28 mins without having to stop and walk.

Great news on your run, tt's amazing how quickly you build up the stamina. I can still remember when I first started running each run I'd say 1 more minute 1 more minute and before I knew it I was comfortably running for close to an hour.

I'm not sure I've done it quickly... it's taken me 10 weeks to get to this point! I'm so glad I decided back in January to enter the race for life as it's giving me plenty of time to get up to 5km!

I'd love to get up to running for an hour eventually.

I need to get training more. ATM I managed approx 2 runs a week... Which really isn't good enough?!!?
Going tonight, whether it kills me or not!

I know what you mean. I work in London and live in Kent so by the time I get home its dark and I live in the middle of nowhere so running on the country lanes in the dark isn't really doable. However, I'm hoping with the clocks changing this weekend that there will still be a bit of light and I'll be able to get out a couple of evenings a week, even if it's only a couple of Ks and then doing the longer run at the weekend.

Off on a 5K run tomorrow, hoping for best time yet.

Someone help me get motivated for a 10 mile run this morning! Just eaten so waiting half hour first.....I got my route, made a playlist which should hopefully last 2 hours at least.....hoping I stick to 10 minutes a mile and so finish in 1hr 40 ish......

My friend can't run with me so going it alone...hoping the sunny morning will be inspiring and start my day off nicely....

WELL!!!

I ran 11.25 miles!!!! God I wanted to die!!!! Lovely river side trail run....1400 calories burned.

Lovely!!!! In my PJs now I am DEAD lol

AMAZING!! Well done

We've just been to the park and I'm so envious of those out running today... it's lovely out there!

I have a friend over next weekend and I really want to get out for a run on the Saturday but she doesn't run... thinking about going to Dorney Lake as that's a nice walk and asking her if she'd mind waiting whilst I go for a run around it and then we can walk round together after.

I'm sure if you say pretty please she will! She can cheer you on, you may inspire her! :) :)

I'm off out for anothe run tomorrow..only 2 miles so I can finish the 50 miles in March challenge I set lol. I'm only 2.2miles away from achieving it so I'm determined!

No prize, just glory lol =D

I still ache today, especially my thighs and the backs of them! Ouchiiiiessss.

Already looking forward to another long one next Saturday though =D hopefully my friend can come with me this time, I struggled at 7.5 miles I needed some help big time

Back