The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

WELL!!! I ran 11.25 miles!!!! God I wanted to die!!!! Lovely river side trail run....1400 calories burned. Lovely!!!! In my PJs now I am DEAD lol

Woohoo! That's awesome well done

Another run this morning which I wasn't going to do as I'm having something delivered and it's an all day time slot... got a text this morning narrowing it down to an hour around lunch time so just shoved on my running gear and got out the door before I could think of another reason not to go!

28 minutes and I did 3.89km

I've realised there is a little patten to my run... the first half I spend it thinking I'll never make it, then I get the half way update and my pace isn't too shabby (for me!) so the next quarter I ease off until the next update when I get a shock that my pace has really slipped. I spent the last quarter upping my pace, pushing myself and then sprinted (ish!) the last 30 seconds.

Well done RM!! :) :) don't you feel awesome now that you made it out?? Always brightens my day when I make the effort when I was debating not to =)

My pace is awful too most the time,.i slow down big time on my longer runs...the 5ks aren't too bad now I managed to uphold it or speed up to the end...you'll build the endurance!!! Took me bluddy ages tho!

Oh wow Lauren well done on that epic run! Well done everyone who's still going :D

I'm struggling a bit a the minute as have to leave the house at 7.30am and then not back until 6.30pm it was just getting light enough last week to do a morning run but now the clocks have gone forward it's dark again! Going to get out tomorrow at 5am and just stick to running on the road although it's not ideal, better than not going. So looking forward to a long run Sunday on the cycle path near my house!

Have a good running week everyone :)

X

Thanks clareel!! Went and did a quick 20 minute run tonight, 2 1/2 miles down :) I did my challenge and ran exactly 50 miles in March! So now tomorrow starts my 10 miles in a week challenge. Easy!

Running 4 miles Wednesday, 3 Friday before weigh in (always helps shift some water weight) and see if I can squeeze 3 in on Sunday night when I finish at 6....then I got 4 weeks left until I do a half marathon! Nothing official...just a test run with my friend ready for June's charity run

Wow brilliant! I'm sure you will be able for that half marathon as you're training lots - good luck! Turns out I really can't face running in pitch darkness, I really don't feel safe enough partly with traffic etc but also it is a bit dodgy where I live and anything could happen so would rather go after placement I think when it's light. I suppose it's good to run when you're tired as if you can do it then should be a breeze at other times lol.

Going to aim for 6k this evening and then will do a longer one at the weekend 8k ish :)

x

I hear you...I haven't dared run in the dark! Been out once last week actually and it's got dark about 10 minutes before I finish and that wasn't bad at all...not brave enough to go when it's completely dark. Definitely not confident in underpasses and enclosed redways. Running along roads in the dark wouldn't be so bad but yep...stick to light! :)

Good luck with your running! I'm still tired and a little bit achy from the 11 miles!! Really takes it out of you...I best fuel myself more efficiently before running in future!

Making the most of the change in clocks and going to run home from the station. Need to make sure I get more 5K runs in than just at the weekend.

Well I managed 7.5k - turns out this running in the evening isn't too bad after all! Jibbing running in the mornings for now and will just go twice in the week evening and then I can go for a longer one on Sunday :)

Will try and do 8K on Thursday evening when I next go and then depending on how I feel might give the 10k a try on Sunday!

Good luck all :)

X

Well I managed 7.5k - turns out this running in the evening isn't too bad after all! Jibbing running in the mornings for now and will just go twice in the week evening and then I can go for a longer one on Sunday :) Will try and do 8K on Thursday evening when I next go and then depending on how I feel might give the 10k a try on Sunday! Good luck all :) X

Well done on your run. I think I still prefer morning runs but just back from my 5K. I'd have liked a faster time but those hills just take it out of me. Will carry on doing 2K to the station each night and another 5K at the weekend.

I'm off out for anothe run tomorrow..only 2 miles so I can finish the 50 miles in March challenge I set lol. I'm only 2.2miles away from achieving it so I'm determined! No prize, just glory lol =D

You've inspired me Laurenypop I'm setting myself the challenge to run 50K by the end of April.

Anyone else fancy joining me? Not necessarily with the same target but just setting a cumulative number of miles/Kms to run

Well done on your 5k KentCat - don't worry about the time. You're out there doing it which is what counts and the time can only be improved!

I will join you with that challenge - going to be ambitious and go for 100K - not sure if I'll manage it but will give it a good go! Best of luck with yours :)

X

Glad to inspire...gotta spread the love of the cheapest way to release those happy hormones!!!

I think I'll aim for 50k too!! I don't wanna aim for 50 miles again that was hard work I need a rest haha.

50k is 31 miles for anyone else who went 'uuuummm' like me before I googled it lol

Urggg first run in a week and after the worst cold of my life ended with...

4 miles in 47 mins, slow and walk breaks but lovely to be out all the same!

I will join the April gang....

I will try for 50 kms too so 32 miles I will say

4/32 - 1/4

I'm on a high anyway, 3 years ago I was being induced right now and my little boy was born at 3am , happy birthday Alfie for tomorrow! Xx

Yay fab!! I'm out running tomorrow can't wait to start clocking those kilometres to the challenge! :D

Ohhh I think I will change mine to 50k was probably being far too ambitious with the 100k lol sorry. Good luck guys :)

Lauren just noticed our stats are really similar, except your much lighter than me now of course - hugely inspirational to see someone with similar stats have done so well with running - thanks!

X

Ahh why thank you!!! Yes almost 4 stone down, feel as light as a feather when I run now it's lush!!! Keep on going...if I can get here, anyone can! I was the queen of lazy couch potatoes..it's weird!

I did 7k tonight. It was perfect running weather except for tree pollen :( I was going to do 4.5k but promised myself a glass of wine if I kept going.

I'm not sure about aiming for a distance, I just need to be 10k ready - 6 weeks to go. Will go for 3k Thursday, 8.5/9k weekend and stick with 7k/7.5k Tuesday.

Having lighter evenings is so much nicer.

Lauren, I feel it's much easier after 2.5 St will it really help? Planning for another stone off by my 10k...

Definitely!!! But I don't know if it's that I wear tight fitting clothes now that make me glide easier as I do feel weighed down when I wear my thick winter jogging bottoms, opposed to the Lycra effect three quarter lengths....I do think lighter clothing helps running massively, but you got to have the confidence first, I understand that!! I went out in a. Big baggy t-shirt and a hoody a year ago as I didn't want my tyres spilling out lol!

It's all confidence as well as weight loss that makes running easier...running a creates happy hormones, as im sure you're aware of after that massive run you've just done!!! Well done...it was my days rest today but I'm jealous of everyone who's got out the house today! ^.^

Enjoy your run today Lauren - I'm tempted to go out for a quick one later, will see how I feel after work. It's addictive once you get into it!

X

Back