The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Well done Lauren that is great news!
I'm currently lying on my bed as my bum and legs ache after an 8k. Still not quite got to 10k but very almost. The nice thing is I ache the way I used to after a 5k!!

Clareel I loooove sports direct!!! It's my fave running place to shop!!!

I however bought new top and first pair of shorts (down to the knee I'm still modest!!) from Primark on Saturday....if you have one near you I suggest very much to have a look as their running stuff is great! Really professional looking at a great price. It's light weight which I love. I bought an orange and black top, an in love with it!! Lol.

Only doing a little 2mile run tomorrow after work. Planning a loooovely long run on Saturday morning though!! :D

Ooo will have to have a look in Primark, there's a big one near us never really thought about it for sports stuff although I did get some emergency £10 trainers from there once when the sole fell off my old ones haha!

Out if interest what does everyone wear to run? I have 3/4 length leggings in that lycra material, sports bra, t-shirt and running trainers but just wear these regardless of the seasons or weather lol!

X

I just ran in the rain in 3/4 Lycra shorts and a Lycra top lol! I was so hot after 10 minutes that it was refreshing and nice to wear something light!

2 1/4 miles done today! I also done my fastest mile!

7.8 / 31 miles

Woo fastest mile well done!!

X

Indeed Clareel!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1396897947.698465.jpg

Amazing!!! Beat my old record by a whole 10 seconds. Happy days...rain makes you run faster lol

Ooo what is this app? I use runstar but I don't get badges for fastest miles!

Just done a 7.5k as not in uni until 10am :)

It's the Nike Running app! I blooming love it :) so many awards and little fun things it's addictive to collect and compete with people!
First day in three weeks that I have a late shift at work and don't start until 1pm...but I'm treating myself to a lie in and a rest day seeing as I ran yesterday ^.^

Ooo it looks fun I might have to investigate, my phone is poo though and actually might explode if I download anything else on to it haha! Hope you enjoyed your rest this morning and your late shift goes quick!

X

I run in either full length or 3/4 length lycra and t-shirts. Despite initially feeling a bit self conscious in the lycra I did find it so much easier to run in than baggier jogging bottoms. I found I very quickly got use to wearing them. I cycle to the station each day and then get changed in the office so I'm now incredibly use to being seen in them. I've even been known to wonder round the office in them chatting to people before heading to change!

Running home from the station tonight so should be another 5K clocked up - may even go the longer way and see if I can up the distance.

Good luck with your run kentcat - I know what you mean about the lycra, bit nervy at first but once you embrace it it's great lol!

X

Good luck with your run kentcat - I know what you mean about the lycra, bit nervy at first but once you embrace it it's great lol! X

didn't get out for it. My other half ended up on the same train as me and so we headed home together in the car. It's rare for us both to be home that early so thought it better to make the most of it.

Going to a country park near us on Sunday apparently it's reasonably flat which will be nice. Going to try and push through the 5K barrier

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Managed to get a run in tonight just a short one but better than nothing and helping me clock up the Ks.

16.4/50

I did a short but sweet one as well, better than nothing! X

Hi guys can I ask a question , I have always wanted to run and when out and about I get run envy. My friend has lost loads of inches running which makes me want to do it more. What was the heaviest you started. At 16 stone and 5 foot 5 I'm not sure if it's advisable

Hi guys can I ask a question , I have always wanted to run and when out and about I get run envy. My friend has lost loads of inches running which makes me want to do it more. What was the heaviest you started. At 16 stone and 5 foot 5 I'm not sure if it's advisable

Hi

I was 17st8 at my heaviest when running and 5ft7 . There is no reason why you shouldn't start I spoke to a professional about the old catch 22 I want to run to lose weight but I'm too heavy and scared I'll hurt my joints etc. He said as long as I built up distances gradually, did intervals run then walk then run etc my body would get stronger as I lost the weight.

Someone else has also recommended Pilates as the better core strength you have the more support your muscles can give to your joints.

I was about 18st (17.9 when I joined sw) and am 5ft6 when I started running. I agree with kentcat. I started by walking a bit more and then did the zombies 5k c25k plan which started with 30 secs of running.

I can now run 8.5k. I would also get good shoes.

Go for it. It's beautiful weather in the evenings for running. And therunningbug are lovely if you want somewhere to log your runs.

Hello! I've only just discovered this thread. I started running (again!) just after new year and it's only now that I've started to feel like I'm enjoying it. I'm sure that heaving a stone less around with me these days has played a part in that!

At the moment I run two lunchtimes a week with a couple of colleagues and we've just entered Race for Life to give us an aim, as well as hopefully raising money, so I'm hoping to up how often I get out now that the evenings are lighter.

Hullo all! And a big hello to the newbies!!! We love our running group expanding everyday :D

Sorry I've been missing - I've not run since Tuesday I think...I've not been feeling great all week from this flu/cold...however I intend on getting out for 3 miles tomorrow morning no matter what. Hopefully be up for long runs again soon. I've been having stomach cramps all last week when I ran...horrific!!!

Back