The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Good luck with your run Lauren, hope you're feeling better now :) I only managed 2k on Thursday when I last went as just felt rough! Had been up since 4.30am and think I was just shattered. Going to try and do another 10K tomorrow but will listen to my body and see how I go.

X

Hi ladies

I'm back from Dorset and although I tried to run whilst away it was so hilly I nearly puked! Glamorous I am not!!

I did go to my local Parkrun though this morning, first time and I was really nervous. I think maybe my new headphones aren't helping as they seem to give me a headache even when on low... does anyone else use headphones when running? What do you use?

I managed to finish the course with only about 40 seconds of walking to try and catch my breath at around the 3k mark. A little annoyed about that but still pleased I managed to finish the course without having to sit down, keel over or drop out (the thought crossed my mind but the shame of it spurred me on!). My time was logged as 34.345 minutes!

Last edited:
Well done RM07

I've found a country park to run in which is pretty flat and today I did 6K in total and got my best time on a 5K 34 mins 54 seconds - made up.

22.4/50

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done RM07 & Kentcat! I'm just trying to get my arse out the door for another 10K, thought would read this thread for some motivation so thanks guys :D

X

Thanks ladies and well done on the PB KentKat!

Hope you've made it out the door Clareel... it's a lovely day for a run out there! I went this morning for another 5k, bit slower today and did it in 37.45 minutes

Nothing wrong with a slower run - I remember when I was first doing 5K some runs would be really slow and some faster etc, it's hard to predict how it will go before you go out and often when you're not feeling you're best manage a faster one I find! Anyway, what I'm saying is every run is a good run - better than sitting on your bum doing nothing isn't it :D

Did another 10K - was tough in the heat but took a minute off my time from last week so happy with that :)

42/50k

Oh I wasn't complaining about it being slower... I took it easy and was trying to get my breathing right as I really struggled with that yesterday. It feels great to get out and be running around the park a couple of times... I honestly never thought that would be me and sometimes it hits me mid run that I'm actually running!

I'm impressed with your 10k's!

Haha I know what you mean I never thought I'd be a runner, used to dodge PE in school and couldn't even run for a bus when I started, best thing I ever did though! Thank you I'm quite impressed with myself, sounds silly but I seem to find some real motivation to run further whenever I sign up for an event rather than just running for the sake of it (even though that is fun too) I guess I just like to have something to work towards :)

X

Having something to work towards is a massive motivator... that's why I signed up to the Race for Life as I started running in January, all outdoors and it was bloody cold and wet. If I hadn't signed up and had sponsorship straight away I would have thought why bother and quit when it got too hard/cold/wet. Every time I set off for a run I feel a little apprehensive, a quarter of the way in and I'm thinking I need to stop... it's only the thought of letting people down that gets me over the half way mark and then I feel fine. After a run I feel AMAZING!

4 miles in 44 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. I was so proud of myself. My face was as pink as the top I had on, but it was well worth it, felt great!!!

Hehe well done Jennie, my face is always like a beetroot after running lol X

I can only imagine how attractive I will look after my 10k in May?!

Haha I did a 10k yesterday, it was hot out and like I say was a beetroot - when I came home looked in the mirror and had all this sweat which had crystalised on my face looked like a big load of dried snot haha! Sorry for that graphic image but it did make me laugh to think what people must have thought lol.

Best of luck with your 10K!

X

Thanks! Haha the image made me laugh.

How long have you been running? how long does 10k take you??
I've not been running long and been training on treadmills more recently to save my knees.

Hi. I posted a while back about having a place in London Marathon. Well that was yesterday and I completed it! It was long, hot and hard but totally amazing. I ran/walked from the start (prob more walking at the end!). I suffered massively from blisters which slowed me down majorly and I ended up finishing in 6hrs 16mins. I'm sore and aching today but hopefully go out for a run in a week or so. I'm looking forward to running for pleasure again rather than always thinking about how many miles I have to do. Just thought I'd share! X

Hey all,

I've just got back into running, I stopped in October because it got cold lmao. Now im back, usually run 5K, but occasionally chuck a 10KM in.

Thanks! Haha the image made me laugh.

How long have you been running? how long does 10k take you??
I've not been running long and been training on treadmills more recently to save my knees.

Have been running for 3 years but never got any further than 8k until 2 weeks ago and just decided to do a 10K! I'd say once you get so far just keep trying to go a bit further and further until you get there. Took me an hour and 7 minutes yesterday so not especially fast but I'm hoping to get under the hour in the future!

Hi. I posted a while back about having a place in London Marathon. Well that was yesterday and I completed it! It was long, hot and hard but totally amazing. I ran/walked from the start (prob more walking at the end!). I suffered massively from blisters which slowed me down majorly and I ended up finishing in 6hrs 16mins. I'm sore and aching today but hopefully go out for a run in a week or so. I'm looking forward to running for pleasure again rather than always thinking about how many miles I have to do. Just thought I'd share! X

That is AWESOME!! Massive well done to you I hope you're not too sore! It's a lifetime goal for me to do a marathon and something which many people never achieve so I hope you're really proud of yourself :D

Hey all,

I've just got back into running, I stopped in October because it got cold lmao. Now im back, usually run 5K, but occasionally chuck a 10KM in.

Haha this is me! Too cold/wet/dark etc to go and I'm made up, why I don't know because I actually love it once I get out there!

X

I love it in summer, don't bother me getting up extra early to go out but in winter I'm terrible so this year I either need to get out and do it or buy a treadmill lol

Wow! Well done! You were one of the many people on sunday morning that I thought you must be flipping mental! Haha. I'm amazed that its even possible to run/walk that far! 10k will be more than far enough for me lol.

Id like to do a marathon one day but after walking 9 miles on Tuesday I haven't got any plans to do it soon haha

Back