The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Hi. I posted a while back about having a place in London Marathon. Well that was yesterday and I completed it! It was long, hot and hard but totally amazing. I ran/walked from the start (prob more walking at the end!). I suffered massively from blisters which slowed me down majorly and I ended up finishing in 6hrs 16mins. I'm sore and aching today but hopefully go out for a run in a week or so. I'm looking forward to running for pleasure again rather than always thinking about how many miles I have to do. Just thought I'd share! X

Congratulations! You must be so proud of yourself. I did a half marathon a couple of years ago but couldn't even begin to contemplate anything more.

Hope you've given yourself a lovely treat or two as a reward

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi. I posted a while back about having a place in London Marathon. Well that was yesterday and I completed it! It was long, hot and hard but totally amazing. I ran/walked from the start (prob more walking at the end!). I suffered massively from blisters which slowed me down majorly and I ended up finishing in 6hrs 16mins. I'm sore and aching today but hopefully go out for a run in a week or so. I'm looking forward to running for pleasure again rather than always thinking about how many miles I have to do. Just thought I'd share! X

Well done... what an amazing achievement!! I watched everyone setting off yesterday and felt really choked up just watching, I imagine actually being there is quite emotional. I think I read somewhere (whilst scouring for running tips) that after an event you need to give your body rest the equivalent to one day per mile. Not sure if that is actually worth doing though?

I am beginning to ache now. My shoulders are stiff- I suppose where I was tensed up for so long. In training I had many setbacks so my longest run was actually only 10 miles I was very apprehensive about finishing. If it hadn't have been for my blisters I would have got under 6 hours easily. Turning the corner at Buckingham palace onto the mall was amazing- I welled up instantly and blubbed the whole final 265yards! If I can complete a marathon, I promise you that anyone can. X

Oh wow you did amazingly well considering your longest run was 'only' 10 miles!!

My plan is now to do 5k runs for 4 weeks and then after that go to 6k runs for 4 weeks and then 2 weeks of 7k runs... that in theory should make the Race for Life 'easier'... or am I talking rubbish?!?! I've come to the end of the C25K and now unsure of how to progress. I'd love to be running 10k by the end of this year... maybe after the Race for Life I'll start following the 5k-10k program on my app.

Oh wow you did amazingly well considering your longest run was 'only' 10 miles!!

My plan is now to do 5k runs for 4 weeks and then after that go to 6k runs for 4 weeks and then 2 weeks of 7k runs... that in theory should make the Race for Life 'easier'... or am I talking rubbish?!?! I've come to the end of the C25K and now unsure of how to progress. I'd love to be running 10k by the end of this year... maybe after the Race for Life I'll start following the 5k-10k program on my app.

Thats pretty much what I have done. I just keep trying to push myself a little bit further everytime I go out for a run or to the gym. It soon builds up. I'm stuck at 4 miles now though. Going to give it another go tomorrow after work and see how I get on.

Another 7.5K this morning so 49.5/50K done now, maybe I will make that 100K this month after all!

X

Hellloooooo - can I join in?!

I just went on a hunt for a running thread on minis that is actively updated and lo and behold, I found you lovely lot! I knew there had to be one out there somewhere :)

I started dabbling in C25K a few years ago, starting and stalling the programme every so often. I was doing really well with it in my gym so just decided one day to try it outdoors. After a few goes I decided to cancel my gym membership and start concentrating on road running instead!

The real motivation was the fact that when I got to a healthy BMI, I still didn't feel anywhere near happy with how I looked. It made me realise that I might never be and that weight was only one part of the equation. If I really wanted to be healthy, I needed to exercise too! I don't really know if it helps with losses as I'm such a slow loser anyway (always was, even when I had more to lose) but it definitely helps with mood, energy levels, sleeping and most of all, a bloody awesome sense of accomplishment!! That feeling when you stop and go "OH SH*T, DID I ACTUALLY JUST RUN THAT FAR?!" That feeling is PRICELESS!

I was quite sick in January and as a result, was unable to run from just before Christmas right through to mid-Feb. When I was off sick, I was so fed up and miserable that I signed up for a half marathon... I'm doing that half-marathon on 25th May. Well I'm going to try to anyway!! I have a 10k race next Sunday 27th April booked to keep my training on schedule.

I struggle sometimes because I train alone. If I have a bad day or a bad run, I struggle to motivate myself to push further a lot of the time. I've had some really rubbish training the last few weeks as I've had a bit of a virus. My last longest run was 7 miles and that was 2 weeks ago. I've done about 3 x 3 miles runs a week since. Tonight I'm going to try for 5 again with the last mile uphill - fingers crossed!

I try to do some cross training too as I heard this is essential to avoid injury. I do a pilates class every Wednesday and some kind of circuits class normally another night (Mon or Thurs normally).

This has been the LONGEST post ever but can you tell how happy I am I found this thread?! Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!! xxxx

Hellloooooo - can I join in?!

I just went on a hunt for a running thread on minis that is actively updated and lo and behold, I found you lovely lot! I knew there had to be one out there somewhere :)

I started dabbling in C25K a few years ago, starting and stalling the programme every so often. I was doing really well with it in my gym so just decided one day to try it outdoors. After a few goes I decided to cancel my gym membership and start concentrating on road running instead!

The real motivation was the fact that when I got to a healthy BMI, I still didn't feel anywhere near happy with how I looked. It made me realise that I might never be and that weight was only one part of the equation. If I really wanted to be healthy, I needed to exercise too! I don't really know if it helps with losses as I'm such a slow loser anyway (always was, even when I had more to lose) but it definitely helps with mood, energy levels, sleeping and most of all, a bloody awesome sense of accomplishment!! That feeling when you stop and go "OH SH*T, DID I ACTUALLY JUST RUN THAT FAR?!" That feeling is PRICELESS!

I was quite sick in January and as a result, was unable to run from just before Christmas right through to mid-Feb. When I was off sick, I was so fed up and miserable that I signed up for a half marathon... I'm doing that half-marathon on 25th May. Well I'm going to try to anyway!! I have a 10k race next Sunday 27th April booked to keep my training on schedule.

I struggle sometimes because I train alone. If I have a bad day or a bad run, I struggle to motivate myself to push further a lot of the time. I've had some really rubbish training the last few weeks as I've had a bit of a virus. My last longest run was 7 miles and that was 2 weeks ago. I've done about 3 x 3 miles runs a week since. Tonight I'm going to try for 5 again with the last mile uphill - fingers crossed!

I try to do some cross training too as I heard this is essential to avoid injury. I do a pilates class every Wednesday and some kind of circuits class normally another night (Mon or Thurs normally).

This has been the LONGEST post ever but can you tell how happy I am I found this thread?! Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!! xxxx

Woop welcome, welcome!

I was quite excited reading your story as it's motivating me to keep working hard and maybe one day I'll do a half marathon....

Welcome Opal_Lily - I found your post really motivating too! Well done for getting back to the running, I had to stop due to getting hit by a car last year and it sucked! But felt so much better to get back to it :) Can't wait to hear how you get on with your half marathon training!

X

That feeling when you stop and go "OH SH*T, DID I ACTUALLY JUST RUN THAT FAR?!" That feeling is PRICELESS!

I love that feeling... I regularly look back to when I first started the C25K in January and see just how far (literally!) I have come.

Good luck with your half marathon. I saw this the other week and wanted to share it with someone as I thought how true it was!

92d0dfe0841cc989516de431b396496b.jpg

I train alone too and to be honest so far haven't given running with someone else too much thought... apart from worrying I'd hold them back or fall over and take them down with me (this was my biggest fear when doing Parkrun last weekend!). I stick on my music and off I go at my own pace. I look at this each day for a daily dose of motivation. I also look on Pin.terest once a week and pin anything that inspires me

Hellloooooo - can I join in?! I just went on a hunt for a running thread on minis that is actively updated and lo and behold, I found you lovely lot! I knew there had to be one out there somewhere :) I started dabbling in C25K a few years ago, starting and stalling the programme every so often. I was doing really well with it in my gym so just decided one day to try it outdoors. After a few goes I decided to cancel my gym membership and start concentrating on road running instead! The real motivation was the fact that when I got to a healthy BMI, I still didn't feel anywhere near happy with how I looked. It made me realise that I might never be and that weight was only one part of the equation. If I really wanted to be healthy, I needed to exercise too! I don't really know if it helps with losses as I'm such a slow loser anyway (always was, even when I had more to lose) but it definitely helps with mood, energy levels, sleeping and most of all, a bloody awesome sense of accomplishment!! That feeling when you stop and go "OH SH*T, DID I ACTUALLY JUST RUN THAT FAR?!" That feeling is PRICELESS! I was quite sick in January and as a result, was unable to run from just before Christmas right through to mid-Feb. When I was off sick, I was so fed up and miserable that I signed up for a half marathon... I'm doing that half-marathon on 25th May. Well I'm going to try to anyway!! I have a 10k race next Sunday 27th April booked to keep my training on schedule. I struggle sometimes because I train alone. If I have a bad day or a bad run, I struggle to motivate myself to push further a lot of the time. I've had some really rubbish training the last few weeks as I've had a bit of a virus. My last longest run was 7 miles and that was 2 weeks ago. I've done about 3 x 3 miles runs a week since. Tonight I'm going to try for 5 again with the last mile uphill - fingers crossed! I try to do some cross training too as I heard this is essential to avoid injury. I do a pilates class every Wednesday and some kind of circuits class normally another night (Mon or Thurs normally). This has been the LONGEST post ever but can you tell how happy I am I found this thread?! Hopefully we can all keep each other motivated!! xxxx

Welcome!!!

Urggggggg so I'm not really feeling the whole running thing right now, after my last 3.5 mile run last tues it took me until today to feel ready again with my knees! I'm back on the waiting list for physio as I've just about had enough. Everyone is improving around me and I'm stuck with knee pain and want to run more! Anyway rant over. My running buddy can't do our usual tues 3pm run so I went by myself, I really struggled with the knees and I'm probably going to regret that I pushed through it. 5.8miles in 59 mins today, plus a nice little glow from the sun!

16.5/32

Hard work run this evening but 6K achieved. Might do a couple of runs to the station next couple of nights but no long run till next Monday

29.8/50

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh I forgot to report in that I managed my first 10k! It took me an hour and 40 mins but managed it on Sunday night along the canal as the sun was setting. It was a gorgeous run. :)

Fab! Well done on the 10k!!!! I've not done further than 6.5k yet. I have to be careful of my knees. But I think I'll try and push myself this weekend

Well done liquoricet!! X

Ooh I forgot to report in that I managed my first 10k! It took me an hour and 40 mins but managed it on Sunday night along the canal as the sun was setting. It was a gorgeous run. :)

Fantastic... well done!!

Does anyone else get running envy?! When you're out and about, you see someone else running and you're not running but you want to be?! This was me at the park... I had an urge to jump into his path and tell him I run too. Ok so maybe that as because he was very attractive ;)

Hullo all...

Come to confession!!!...I've not been running in 11 days :(

I just cannot find the motivation...I've been bogged down with a cold and a bad weigh in last week really knocked me....I'm doing great food wise this week..but I've lost momentum and have got lazy...preferring to sleep in and stay home. It's rubbish as I was so good at getting out for half an hour and then getting on with things at home.

Someone inspire me/kick me up the bum :(

Tee hee :) I'm at work now and not home until 9...but I'm intending in dragging by bum out of bed at 7am tomorrow to go for half an hour....I really hope I have the same motivation by morning!!!! :-|

I know once I go I'll wish I'd have gone out all week!!

Back