The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Well done bobcat

This time tomorrow and it'll be all over. Good luck everyone

Eek! I've been 'carb loading' tonight with plenty of homemade pasta salad. Actually, I've eaten lots of meat too (BBQ).

Tomorrow I'm having porridge and fruit for breakfast, maybe a HiFi bar at 11am(ish) and a banana. Then the race is at 1230.

Eek! I've been 'carb loading' tonight with plenty of homemade pasta salad. Actually, I've eaten lots of meat too (BBQ).

Tomorrow I'm having porridge and fruit for breakfast, maybe a HiFi bar at 11am(ish) and a banana. Then the race is at 1230.

I'm gonna make poached eggs, beans and veggie sausages at around 9.30ish and then a hifi and a banana before I set off (I live in the centre about a 15min walk from the start). My start time is 12.10. Starting to feel the nerves a bit now :eek:

Good luck with the Manchester 10K ladies. I'm off to do my 5K but still carrying a bit of an injury so going forfeit trying to do a fast time and concentrate on just completing.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm awarding myself an extra hexb for effort and I think a cereal bar is a plan but have already had porridge. Its R day!

Good luck to everyone racing today

Race for life 5K done. 34:04. I would have liked under 31mins but with the heat, hills and a slight injury I am more than happy with that time.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That was meant to be a smile not a ?

It's done! I went to high five someone at 3.5km and fell into the barrier (I tripped over the bit that holds the barrier up lol) and pulled my leg injury from last week. But I made it - 1hr18 mins, last year was 1hr14 and a half and I walked most of it this year due to the leg injury. I'm a little bit annoyed with myself but at 5k I was so close to giving up as my leg was so sore but I went on and finished only a little but longer than last time :) (I was also about a stone slimming last year haha :()

hope everyone one has done ok and well done :)

So pleased with myself! 1hr 08mins!?! It's all paid off!!!!!

Well done to everyone else who took part, it was boiling hot!!!!!!

So pleased with myself! 1hr 08mins!?! It's all paid off!!!!!

Well done to everyone else who took part, it was boiling hot!!!!!!

Well done, you beat me by 10 mins :D I got injured. I know it was so warm! seriously thought I was going to pass out :cry:

Exceedingly pleased with myself. Did the 10k in 1 hr 31 and ran the whole way. I've had a very self congratulatory afternoon drinking cider with similarly accomplished friends ;)

Exceedingly pleased with myself. Did the 10k in 1 hr 31 and ran the whole way. I've had a very self congratulatory afternoon drinking cider with similarly accomplished friends ;)

Big congrats :) I think I walked at least 6km haha :(

Well I've not run for at least three weeks!!!!

Race for life end June so I must start again soon (ish) ;)

Amazing guys well done! All of you no matter what time it took you or if you ran the whole way or walked, it doesn't matter - you did it!! FAB :D

I have't been running since Friday due to having 12.5k words of uni work to hand in yesterday including my dissertation woohoo! had a lie in this morning and will be off out for a 10k shortly :)

X

Last edited:
Just about off the high now. Was slightly less smug yesterday as our class was about booze and I drank about 50 syns!! I lost the 1.5 I'd put on so still fairly happy.

Anyway, going to go for a little run tonight just to uncrinkle my legs.

Back