The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Best of luck with the run liquoricet!

Just done a 10K in 1h 07m 35s so fairly pleased with that especially as it's so hot out!

Thanks Clareel, legs are achy so hope it helps. It'll be tonight as need hubby back for childcare.

Good luck with the run, my legs back and shoulders are still aching like crazy!! However!? I have arranged to meet up with a running club on Thursday which I'm quite excited about!!!
Running is pretty new to me, but after running the 10k on Saturday I feel like it's a new me :)

Running club sounds great Jennie! There's none near me in Liverpool but I'm moving to London in September and hoping there might be one there :)

Boo to the aching but I bet you don't mind really as it reminds you of what you have achieved :)

X

Good luck with the run, my legs back and shoulders are still aching like crazy!! However!? I have arranged to meet up with a running club on Thursday which I'm quite excited about!!!
Running is pretty new to me, but after running the 10k on Saturday I feel like it's a new me :)

Ooh where is your running club? I really want to do one but I live in the city centre and there's not many places to run lol x

Ooh where is your running club? I really want to do one but I live in the city centre and there's not many places to run lol x

I joined one near to me astley/tyldesley way? It was really good, I bet if you search the net you'll find one closer. I was super nervous to go but managed 5 miles last night. Impressed myself at how quick it all went really?!
I'm hoping to get another couple of runs in over the weekend as my sister is home for the weekend. I also am contemplating doing the park run, tomorrow morning... still undecided though, might just wait for my sister to come over and do a few miles with her.

Running club sounds like it was good Jennie :)

I haven't been since Tuesday, currently working nights - just woke up and having a coffee, going to try and get out even if just for a shirt one at around 5pm before I head back in tonight. Just feel like I've got no energy!

X

I joined one near to me astley/tyldesley way? It was really good, I bet if you search the net you'll find one closer. I was super nervous to go but managed 5 miles last night. Impressed myself at how quick it all went really?!
I'm hoping to get another couple of runs in over the weekend as my sister is home for the weekend. I also am contemplating doing the park run, tomorrow morning... still undecided though, might just wait for my sister to come over and do a few miles with her.

Well done that's really good :) I've only been to the gym once since the run but I'm going to try and do a run before WI tomorrow :) xx

Yeah go for it! It felt so much easier than Sundays boiling hot run

Yeah go for it! It felt so much easier than Sundays boiling hot run

I think I'm still recovering haha every I speak to about the run goes 'it was SO hot' lol x

How is everyone doing? I was thinking of setting up a little challenge for those that want to challenge themselves?
Setting targets of miles/km you want to run in the next 4 weeks?
Let me know if you want to get involved?

Yay! It'll be the best thing you do running wise. I absolutely love running in a group now.
Going again tonight. It just makes me push myself a bit more and makes pacing easier lol

I am doing up my half marathon training plan as I type!! xx

Ooo you'll have to let me know your plan of action, I've not thought about my next race yet, seeing how this running club goes, think they do specific races so might do a few with them, and then others for charity.

It's tough actually because I've got 10 weeks... with glastonbury for a week in the middle... so I'm following an 8 week plan and duplicating a week before/after glasto.

I've found two separate 8 week plans online and I've mocked them up for myself on excel... but it's weird because they're both so different?! Don't know the best one to follow!! xxx

I made it out Sunday and did 3.5 miles. It felt really good to run again. I've no childcare tonight, tomorrow I'm working 830-7 so will try to go Thursday. Next week I should manage my routine again.

A challenge sounds fun ;)

I managed to get 5.3K done at the weekend despite being up in Scotland visiting a friend. Hoping to get a couple of K in tonight weather permitting.

I'd be up for a June challenge

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back