The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

I was on the coast in Aberdeen. Amazing running along the sea front

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1718471956.jpg
    image-1718471956.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 49
The challenge is up and running in the team/challenges sub-forum :) xx

I use the app on my iPhone - how do I find that?

If you go to slimming clubs > slimming world > slimming world teams and challenges

You'll find it in there. Pick how many miles you are aiming for over the month, I'm going for 60 and lil is going for 45. Woop.

Well I haven't run since the 5th of may! Decided I must start some training as I want a reasonable time for my race foe end of June.

Pretty happy with 5k in 32.39 today.

How's everyone else?

Well I haven't run since the 5th of may! Decided I must start some training as I want a reasonable time for my race foe end of June.

Pretty happy with 5k in 32.39 today.

How's everyone else?

Well done on the 5k time :) I've been doing bits and bobs it really trying to get my stamina up so been doing cross trainer. Just found a park near me though so I'm going to start doing 5k runs on Sundays from next week together ready for my event in sept. X

Not been since Monday but going to do a 10K tomorrow! X

Still doing c25k

Just completed week 3

Did a 10k yesterday at midday in the scorching heat - managed it in 1 hour 11 mins which is slower than normal but honestly it was roasting so I'm just pleased I was able to complete it!!

Aiming for 75K in June so that's 10/75 done so far :)

Did a 10k yesterday at midday in the scorching heat - managed it in 1 hour 11 mins which is slower than normal but honestly it was roasting so I'm just pleased I was able to complete it!!

Aiming for 75K in June so that's 10/75 done so far :)

Amazing! Well done!!!
I'm aiming for 60 miles before the 24th June. So in a 4 week period. So far I've done about 13.5 I think.
Yesterday's heat was hard work. We did 4.3miles in 47 minutes, and that was at about 4.30pm so it had cooled down a little, but still hot.

Thanks Jennie well done on your run, the heat really takes it out of you doesn't it!! X

Definitely. I'm loving the running club at the moment, so I might see if they do a run on a weekend to keep me motivated lol

Hi just looking for a bit of advice. Just doing week 4 of c25k and I've come home with numb feet! Is this normal when you start to run for longer or something to do with technique? I have no pain or anything like that, just sort of ins and needles when in cooking down in the bottom of my feet x

Absolutely fantastic run tonight. I beat my best 10K time by over 8 minutes doing it in 60mins 40 secs. I've been trying to do a bit of interval training to work on my speed and I think it must be paying off.

Kami2112 - regarding the numbness it isn't something I've experienced or heard about from others. What sort of trainers are you running in? If you're intending on keeping on running it might be worth going to a shop and have a gait analysis done to ensure your feet and ankles are properly supported. Hope you can get it sorted soon x

Absolutely fantastic run tonight. I beat my best 10K time by over 8 minutes doing it in 60mins 40 secs. I've been trying to do a bit of interval training to work on my speed and I think it must be paying off. Kami2112 - regarding the numbness it isn't something I've experienced or heard about from others. What sort of trainers are you running in? If you're intending on keeping on running it might be worth going to a shop and have a gait analysis done to ensure your feet and ankles are properly supported. Hope you can get it sorted soon x

Thank you I do have really supportive trainers but maybe a gait analysis might help

Absolutely fantastic run tonight. I beat my best 10K time by over 8 minutes doing it in 60mins 40 secs. I've been trying to do a bit of interval training to work on my speed and I think it must be paying off.

Wow!! Well done. What interval training do you do?? I need to start something like this but no idea how to plan it out or where to start with it. I've heard hill training is good as well.

Well each night I run to the station from my office, it's only 1K but I run it as fast as I possibly can. I am absolutely out of breath when I get there, more so than when running longer distances but have seen an improvement in my breathing as a direct result.

I also try at least once a week to do a run from the station to my house which is 5K but has three hills I've found this has helped strengthen my legs.

Very basic at the moment but think I'm going to try and implement a proper programme. My understanding at a basic level is sometimes run shorter distances but run them faster. Vice versa someone once talked about running slower but for longer to build capacity.

Well each night I run to the station from my office, it's only 1K but I run it as fast as I possibly can. I am absolutely out of breath when I get there, more so than when running longer distances but have seen an improvement in my breathing as a direct result.

I also try at least once a week to do a run from the station to my house which is 5K but has three hills I've found this has helped strengthen my legs.

Very basic at the moment but think I'm going to try and implement a proper programme. My understanding at a basic level is sometimes run shorter distances but run them faster. Vice versa someone once talked about running slower but for longer to build capacity.

There really is an entire science behind it! Do you mainly do running as exercise or would you do any other activities/cross-training?

I've been doing spin/indoor cycling and definitely notice a difference in the running. My shorter runs are naturally getting a lot faster without necessarily trying and I def have more stamina for longer, slower runs.

I think it's a mixture of the hill climbs and sprints in spin that's making the difference! Good mixture of general cardio, high intensity and strength! xx

Back