The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Maybe I'll give them a try, I get worried about having a rest day in between and stuff, but think I'll start training every tues, thurs, sat, sun.

Get worried in what way? I needed to draw out a plan as I was being a rascal and not really taking my rest days... I feel lazy and restless on my rest days but at least now I can visually see why I need them.

Brave woman for both sat and sun! I can't run for love nor money with a hangover!! xx

I cycle to the station at my home end which mixes up the cardio I'm doing. I really need to so some core strength stuff but find Pilates and yoga so boring.

I really notice it if I don't take my rest days

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm too lazy not to rest! I run sun, Tues, Thurs - although I may see what the weather does today. I only have time for a very short run (20 mins), and it's the one that gets missed due to life!

2.5 miles for me tonight to keep my training on track. Really feeling like I can't be bothered though - I really hope I find some motivation as the day goes on!! x

You can do it lil!! It's pouring with rain here, and I've just told the women at the club I will definitely be there tonight. Haha.
Why don't you try something a bit different to motivate you like people said with the interval training or hills (Small inclines :) )

You can do it lil!! It's pouring with rain here, and I've just told the women at the club I will definitely be there tonight. Haha.
Why don't you try something a bit different to motivate you like people said with the interval training or hills (Small inclines :) )

I don't really want to mess around with the training plan too much and try something new at this stage, especially as I've been doing so much cross-training too. The route I've planned from work isn't too flat with quite a few hills to try and mix it up a bit.

I'll def do it. I don't give myself a choice, I just really am not in the mood!! It's cold and MISERABLE! xx

I've wussed out, partially because of the weather but mainly as my running bra is still damp! Sadly will be unable to run until the weekend as husband less for tonight until late Friday evening.

I've wussed out, partially because of the weather but mainly as my running bra is still damp! Sadly will be unable to run until the weekend as husband less for tonight until late Friday evening.

Wow I nearly had a heartattack, thought I'd left my running bra on the radiator then haha, it's safe and sound in my bag though.

Did a 5.6km before work today, 41 mins so room for improvement but my best run for a while xx

6K done this morning. Really pleased as I kept going even though the rain was coming down. The route also had a couple of hills which should be good for overall training.

Going to head out on the bike tomorrow to change things up

Did my 'proper' 10k race on Sunday 1hour 8 mins, not my fastest but it was scorching and 3k was uphill! In serious pain yesterday and today though, must have used different muscles pulling myself along. Even my abs are killing, never experienced that after a run before!

Going to go out shortly for a nice easy slow run just to loosen things up a bit lol. Gorgeous weather for it! Best of luck runners :)

X

Did my 'proper' 10k race on Sunday 1hour 8 mins, not my fastest but it was scorching and 3k was uphill! In serious pain yesterday and today though, must have used different muscles pulling myself along. Even my abs are killing, never experienced that after a run before! Going to go out shortly for a nice easy slow run just to loosen things up a bit lol. Gorgeous weather for it! Best of luck runners :) X

Woohoo! Well done you. Such a fantastic feeling when you finish.

Did my 'proper' 10k race on Sunday 1hour 8 mins, not my fastest but it was scorching and 3k was uphill! In serious pain yesterday and today though, must have used different muscles pulling myself along. Even my abs are killing, never experienced that after a run before!

Going to go out shortly for a nice easy slow run just to loosen things up a bit lol. Gorgeous weather for it! Best of luck runners :)

X

Wow well done!! I did the manchester 10k in 1 hr 08 mins it was scorching hot but no hills! Lol

Thanks guys :) yeah really pleased with the time, said originally I wanted under an hour and 10 so very happy with it. Defo got the running bug now, going to do a half marathon next in March I think. Plenty of time to get ready for it and will motivate me to keep training through the winter!

Just done a nice 5k this morning, legs feeling a bit better already!

Fab well done. how does everyone find their weightloss with running, i'm stuck in a rut with it all at the moment.

Physio today at 3pm ladies....I'm still sore after my last run which was over a week ago so I'm sure they will tell me off for not doing the exercises that were given to me but I want to be honest and tell them that.

I need to just know if i;m doing myself damage in the long run.

Speak laterz!

Fab well done. how does everyone find their weightloss with running, i'm stuck in a rut with it all at the moment.

I think to begin with it helped a lot and I lost a stone in about 3 months. After that I've really struggled and 3 months later I'm just approaching 21lbs lost.

What I have seen through running is a change in my body shape. My legs are so much more toned and I've lost inches.

I'm hoping as I do more 5K plus distances in preparation for me 10K in September I'll see a few more pounds fall off.

Back