The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Sulking at the rather impressive thunder storm with lightening, rain that bounces and hail. I wanted to go for a run. Not fair. :(

I really didn't notice any difference with weight loss to be honest. It definitely is food that makes the difference I think!

I do find now though that my metabolism has probably sped up quite a bit but that's nearly a year down the line... I don't put weight on as easily if I have a few bad days and a few good days... but that could also be because my bad days aren't as bad anymore! It's hard to isolate.

It has DEFINITELY made a huge difference to my body shape and clothes size though xxx

I lost weight naturally in the first 6 months of running (about half a stone). In January when I was poorly and didn't run I lost 13lbs and then was stuck when I started again. The great losses may have been being alcohol free too.

It's definitely changed my shape and I think my body can cope better with greedy Sunday dinners after a long run.

Going to try and beat my PB before work tomorrow :D

Going to try and beat my PB before work tomorrow :D

What distance? I managed 5k in 31 minutes the other day which is really good for me lol

What distance? I managed 5k in 31 minutes the other day which is really good for me lol

That's really good :) I always do 40mins and my best is 5.6km so hoping to do over 6km :D

Woop well done.
I've managed 9.6k tonight... I didn't really think about how far I was running as had to run to meet my friend and then run home after our run.... So my "3 miles" turned into 5.5 miles haha

Hooray! Runners! Can I join in your little group, please? I'm a parkrunner who enjoys running with friends and my little group that I've met through parkrun. I'm not fast and I've accepted that I'm never likely to be - never run 5K in less than 37 minutes or 10K in less than 83 minutes, but I love running. Got 4 miles in last night but am ducking a 10K night run tonight - I've been plagued with injury over the last 2 years and I don't want to miss parkrun tomorrow morning and I have a Pretty Muddy Race for Life on Sunday :)

Hooray! Runners! Can I join in your little group, please? I'm a parkrunner who enjoys running with friends and my little group that I've met through parkrun. I'm not fast and I've accepted that I'm never likely to be - never run 5K in less than 37 minutes or 10K in less than 83 minutes, but I love running. Got 4 miles in last night but am ducking a 10K night run tonight - I've been plagued with injury over the last 2 years and I don't want to miss parkrun tomorrow morning and I have a Pretty Muddy Race for Life on Sunday :)

Welcome to the group! Don't worry about times, we all have our personal goals but this group is just about supporting each other,

I've not done a proper run in over a week due to work and weekends away. Aiming for 7K tonight but we'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hullo all!!

I've been absent, my apologies!!

I'm running the 15 mile race next Saturday, haven't trained as hard as I should have but I'm confident I can rum the first 9 to 10 miles solidly..just a stop start final 7 lol. I'm back out tomorrow though doing another 13 miles I'm aiming to do that non stop so if I can achieve at least that then I am happy that can do it next Saturday at the full 15 :) we have a rest stop at 7 miles anyway thank god.

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hullo all!! I've been absent, my apologies!! I'm running the 15 mile race next Saturday, haven't trained as hard as I should have but I'm confident I can rum the first 9 to 10 miles solidly..just a stop start final 7 lol. I'm back out tomorrow though doing another 13 miles I'm aiming to do that non stop so if I can achieve at least that then I am happy that can do it next Saturday at the full 15 :) we have a rest stop at 7 miles anyway thank god. Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey welcome back!

If you can get to 13 I'm sure you'll find it in you to do the rest come run day. It's amazing what the crowds and atmosphere can bring out of you.

Hope all is well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh wow Lauren that is a long one but I'm sure you will be able to do it! Hope your run goes well today :)

X

Hi all, what's the best app for running on your phone anyone can recommend?

also I'm moving at the weekend and joining a running club there, they do 5km every Tuesday so hopefully it will get my time better and I can make some new friends :D

Hi all :) had parkrun on Saturday morning (run number 60!) and then a Pretty Muddy Race for Life on Sunday - that was fun. Considering a hill training session tonight ...

Hi all, I did join this thread a while back but then went awol from the page! still on plan though just about.

todays plan is 10 hill reps, that's 10 laps of sprinting up a big hill and jogging back down-not my idea of fun but apparently it will make me a better runner :cry:

Hi all, I did join this thread a while back but then went awol from the page! still on plan though just about.

todays plan is 10 hill reps, that's 10 laps of sprinting up a big hill and jogging back down-not my idea of fun but apparently it will make me a better runner :cry:

Well hill reps didn't happen! I set off to the hill and when I got there it was busy with people going about normal business and I felt too embarrassed, normally I do it with my friend who is a personal trainer but he is away this week and felt daft running up and down a hill on my own so went for a 5k run instead, beat my PB by 1 min 26 secs, down to 34.40 which is slow I know but for me its fast!

Well hill reps didn't happen! I set off to the hill and when I got there it was busy with people going about normal business and I felt too embarrassed, normally I do it with my friend who is a personal trainer but he is away this week and felt daft running up and down a hill on my own so went for a 5k run instead, beat my PB by 1 min 26 secs, down to 34.40 which is slow I know but for me its fast!

Oh well done on beating your pb!

Hi all, have you room for one more pounding the pavements?? Im back running PP and hadn't realised just how much I had missed it! Great for clearing the head even at my slow pace! anyway I've signed up to a few 5milers and 10kms to make things interesting. today i was out with the dog for a lovely 10km along the beach. Sea breeze was fantastic! look forward to chatting with ye all.

Back