The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Hi all, have you room for one more pounding the pavements?? Im back running PP and hadn't realised just how much I had missed it! Great for clearing the head even at my slow pace! anyway I've signed up to a few 5milers and 10kms to make things interesting. today i was out with the dog for a lovely 10km along the beach. Sea breeze was fantastic! look forward to chatting with ye all.

Welcome :)

So ladies.... Any help please!?

I did my first kettle exercise class on weds and I'm the worst for soreness that I've ever been!!!!

My race for life is sun.... Any tips????

So ladies.... Any help please!?

I did my first kettle exercise class on weds and I'm the worst for soreness that I've ever been!!!!

My race for life is sun.... Any tips????

Do you have a foam roller? if so use that to stretch the muscles, if not then I would say maybe a nice bubble bath and then just rest until sunday

No I don't I'm afraid... I do have access to an indoor swimming pool though.....a couple of lengths or a big no no??

Hey peeps!
It went amazingly well!! The course was actually 17 miles!! Done it in 3 hours 32 minutes :)

I'm off to bed now, toes hurt and my back lol!!! We are already signing up to a half marathon next year knowing we smashed that today plus another 4 miles on top!

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1403983110583.jpg
    1403983110583.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 27
Hey peeps! It went amazingly well!! The course was actually 17 miles!! Done it in 3 hours 32 minutes :) I'm off to bed now, toes hurt and my back lol!!! We are already signing up to a half marathon next year knowing we smashed that today plus another 4 miles on top! Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done for today and planning the next one

Did my race for life today in 25.09 :)

That's great. Well done!

I did a hill based 10K at the weekend, definitely my hardest run for quite a while and took longer than usual but I think worth it in the long run for my endurance training.

Aiming for a 5K run home from the station tonight

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well. I'm booked in with the Physio on Thursday night, I'm hoping they can perform a miracle. Its weird as right now its not too bad, but then soon as I walk up or down stairs it sets it all off again.

Just done my first run of week 9 :)

30 mins run, never thought I'd get there

Well. I'm booked in with the Physio on Thursday night, I'm hoping they can perform a miracle. Its weird as right now its not too bad, but then soon as I walk up or down stairs it sets it all off again.

Is this a recent injury or something more long term?

I've just done a killer spin class all this cardio and strengthening my legs has got to pay off in my running (she's hopes! :) )

Just done my first run of week 9 :) 30 mins run, never thought I'd get there

Well done! Isn't it an awesome feeling when you do get there? Such an achievement

Is this a recent injury or something more long term? I've just done a killer spin class all this cardio and strengthening my legs has got to pay off in my running (she's hopes! :) ) Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's been since I went on holiday. Not sure how or what I've done. Think I need to start some kind of cross training.

Back out running in the morning hopefully first proper one since the challenge!! I've been out three times since but did intervals as muscles were still pretty fatigued. Must not get lazy about it and try a new running routine. No more races until next March :)

Sent from my D5503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Trapped nerve in my lower back, causing sciatic pain. So pleased it's nothing that's going to stop me running. Did 2.5 miles on Friday and 3 miles today.

Trapped nerve in my lower back, causing sciatic pain. So pleased it's nothing that's going to stop me running. Did 2.5 miles on Friday and 3 miles today.

Glad to hear it isn't something more serious or long lasting and well done on the runs.

I did a 10K on Sunday, it was the first proper run in over two weeks, I was disappointed with the time but pleased to have done the distance. My OH kindly cycled alongside to keep me motivated.

It is definitely all about getting the miles in. I've got 4 weeks and 6 days until my next 10k race...
So building myself back up to that slowly but surely. I did it in 1hr 08mins last time, so just aiming to beat that really :)

Hi everyone. I managed to get 14 miles in from last week's WI to this week's WI - 1.5lbs off :)
My next official 10K is Wigan 10K on 7th September, don't think I'll be entering any more before then

Back