The Mission

Hanna

Hi everyone,

So here is what I have been upto so far:

In August I joined a gym and also Weight Watchers online. Even though I forced myself to stick to the daily points allowance, I hardly lost any weight at all and their website is a waste of time. I already cancelled that subscription beginning of September.

In September I researched the internet and now I know that to lose about 1-2l bs per week, I need to reduce my calorie intake by 500 cals per day. I opted for salads instead of sandwiches for lunch and low fat dinners. And during the first 3 weeks I went from 12st 2lbs to 11st 9lbs. I was so happy that I decided this is the right time to spend some money on a personal trainer to keep me going and show me how to get fitter while losing weight. I went to a well known gym and booked myself in for a session with one of the PTs. She told me that what I have been eating the last few weeks is unhealthy and basically gave me an eating plan that did not allow me to eat any bread, pasta, rice, potato, cheese, meat or things like honey and jam. Mainly I was meant to eat porridge and fish. I did so for a week and gained 3lbs. In the next session I told her that I gained weight so she told me to make the porridge with water instead of milk and leave out any dairy products such as yoghurt and skimmed milk. I also stuck to that even though I found it ridiculous. I gained another 2 lbs that week and was back to 12st.

In October I fired my personal trainer and cancelled the gym membership at that gym. I have gone back to eating what I like, but healthier options and joined a different gym - no personal trainer.

I have lost a few lbs again and I will continue my own diet plan and keep going to the gym.

I am going on holiday in April 09 and want to show off a bikini body. 23 weeks to go, 40lbs to lose, that is less than 2 lbs per week, so it should be possible :)

Fingers crossed.

:D

Last edited:
How frustrating you must have felt gaining it back. I think you are doing the right thing for you and wish you well...keep us posted as I for one will be keen to follow your progress...xx

:happy096: Hanna great job on taking control of your diet and finding the things that work for you and what doesn't. I think you will do a great job.:)

Hi and :welcome: to minimins.
Keep going! - you'll soon find what works for you! Good luck x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back