The most confusing diet ever!

jools1986

Silver Member
I am so confused that I have just ended up eating porkchops today! I have read the book and none the wiser, please help me with the carb situation! thanks xx

haha I can't live on pork chops! xx

You need to get 12-15g of carbs from veges, you need to eat veges with those porky choppas

thats what I'm confused about, how to measure the carbs!! I've had 50g of lettuce so far, I plan to have cabbage, mushrooms and runner beans if they are allowed with my dinner. This is sooo confusing!

Hi
I was the same when I started but trust me you do get the hang off it!
the book gives you the carb count for all the induction veg you just need to weigh it and add it all up. you will be suprised at how much you can eat!
try and stick with it because it really does work.
Good luck

Jools...have you read Mini's sticky thread on carb counting made easy?

Basically, net carbs is an American thing, and my understanding is that our food labelling in the UK is different - we don't need to subtract the fibre, so just take the basic carb content as it is.

For example: I've had chicken Caesar salad for tea tonight followed by lemon&lime "mousse". I have calculated the carb content as follows:

2 cups iceberg lettuce 1g
1/2 cup cucumber 1g
4 tbsp Caesar dressing 1g (make sure it's full fat version)
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese 1g
1 chicken breast 0g
Total: 4g carbs

Sugar-free jelly 0g
Double cream 2tbsp 0g
Total: 0g carbs

I hope this makes sense? There are lists of acceptable induction foods both in the book, and on the Atkins website.

Read, read, read....only other advice I can give you :D

The above says it all really, have you read my "So your'e thinking of starting atkins" stickie?

I have read it yes, but I had also read alot of conflicting information on net carbs!
Thank you all for your advice, I have decided to write up some meal plans and write a shopping list before I start, perhaps being more organised is the key!
xx

Hi Jools, just stick to unprocessed meat and green leaf veggie as far as you can, that's the simplest way.

Back