The most horrendous pain..teeth update & question

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've got an infection in the root canal of one of my teeth. I've never felt pain like this before & I've had 2 kids.

I'm on antibiotics & have taken Paramol really strong painkillers & its still no better.

I feel really really sick, what can I do to relieve this pain. I've tried salt & water.

Help.

My gum feels better but still painful & I've got a swollen tender roof of my mouth (just by my teeth). Does this mean the infection is spreading or is getting better? What remedies can I use? I've got the dentist again on Monday but would like some relief over the weekend.

Last edited:
I've got an infection in the root canal of one of my teeth. I've never felt pain like this before & I've had 2 kids.

I'm on antibiotics & have taken Paramol really strong painkillers & its still no better.

I feel really really sick, what can I do to relieve this pain. I've tried salt & water.

Help.

oooh ouch!!! I feel your pain as I suffered from this a couple of months ago. Never felt pain like it in my life, took paracetamol and ibuprofen and it didnt even touch it. Tried some tramadol but that just made me feel sick. tried whiskey :eek: and bonjela but to be honest the only thing that helped was once the antibiotics kicked in.

sorry that's probably not what you wanted to hear :(

Rinse your mouth with salt and water as hot as you can bear it. If there is an abcess which is what it sounds like it will burst it.

I am sending you hugs, love and positive thoughts,,

granny Sue xxxx

Bump...update above & question..

Sounds like the infection might be spreading try calling the dentist tomorrow they can get you an emergency appointment. For the pain you can get a local anaesthetic throat spray over the counter for sore throats but it'll help by numbing your gums and the roof of your mouth which hopefully will help a bit. Corsydyl mouthwash is antibacterial so might help with the infection.

Defo ring dentist though you don't want to get the infection into your blood stream.

Hope you feel better soon x

Back