The New Cinderellas

'Fraid so! not a shake or bar in sight, but a girls got to have fun sometime! It's only one day! Have lost 4lbs this week. Seems very little compared to last week but ateast I'm losing. Re the fish - it's not cruel to the fish - they love dead skin (yuk!!) apparently. If you do that, do tell us how you get on, it's supposed to be good!
Hope you're having a good week Vonny :) x

Hi Vonny ,
honestly fish are not supposed to be eating dead skin--but I am sucker for a new treatment so I am waiting for fish pedicure to come round again on groupon cos other wise its too expensive..wonder if goldfish will work just as well :D

4lbs good on you ,

and do not get me started on the necessity for fun, other wise life is just too boring and dull..when I was buying my babe wigs a few weeks ago I was also looking for a fun blue wig..didn't see any in a shade I liked, they all looked cheap and plastic, but imagine that a midnight blue wig down to my tush

VIVA la DIVAFrogette

Best, Bella

Hey Bel --

I am only 5'4" (if I fluff my hair) and I have a small frame. I think a UK 8 is realistic and should be maintainable for me. But a UK 6 is doable and looks better.

I would love to do the "fish" pedicure thing. I think it would be interesting and effective. From what I have read the fish only eat the "dead" skin -- and that would be a lot more precise that someone (usually) me -- taking a razor to my feet.

MinnieMel

OMG I would never do the razor thingy or the filing board and the creams which are supposed to soften food hard skin do nada.

By the way yesterday I went to WW at a hilton express, walked in and though, well this is better and a leg up from cold church halls and musty community centers and then find out that the hilton express meetings are WW meetings are weigh only, no meetings which is why I would have joined..which was a pity cos i fancied going to a hilton one evening a week.

Bella

LOL

OMG I would never do the razor thingy or the filing board and the creams which are supposed to soften food hard skin do nada.

Creams do little and my feet are very dry and callousy (someone told me it is hereditary... it can't be from excess use! LOL) So, I have to literally "carve" the skin off -- sorry TMI.

By the way yesterday I went to WW at a hilton express, walked in and though, well this is better and a leg up from cold church halls (was a church here, and is now a village hall - lol) and musty community centers and then find out that the hilton express meetings are WW meetings are weigh only never heard of this -- so they cost the same?), no meetings which is why I would have joined..which was a pity cos i fancied going to a hilton one evening a week. (cheap night at a Hilton ;) ).

Bella

Hi Bel,

Should we meet up in London to do a fish pedicure?

MinnieMel

Gosh Mel,

reading through my last post that you responded to I am amazed, my dyslexia is completely strange some days, I do not know how you know what I am writing..lol.... I always know what I am writing and its looks ok when I post it...

fish pedicure- yep , I'll let you know when groupon has a pedicure coming up cos I am not going to any cheapo places...with goldfish..I want proper fish that know how to get the job done .

Ok CD - HQ says do not do this on SS 100% ..however

I Just made some crisps, I did not have any Cd soups at hand but tried it with a commerical powdered cup-a-soup to see how it would come out..it came out wonderful if a bit salty..but they are crisps right..

likewise some black pepper or tabasco in the mix would have worked well ....the other thing I found was that the crisps were strangely reassuring, like a treat and I could make a batch to take out with me and have them on the move with a diet pepsi or coke zero., basically I can eat wth my mates ,..I am really pleased and it satisfies the part of me that feels it will go crazy if it can't nibble.

all I can say is

MEGA SWOON..bliss..it really does work.

Last edited:
Another reason I am so pleased is that I think now I can do CD 100%-ish

I say 'ish' because I am going to zap and chef the product if I need to and search the web for recipes and tips to make with the product bcause I have to make this work with me and for me and I have been attempting to work against my nature.

for instance I took this froma lighter life forum and it struck me as very wise, its written by a person called biggins on Thu Oct 29 2009, 09:56AM

"....I can now get between 30 - 50 mini lemon biscuits from one lemon bar - try it!!!!!

Here's how to do it....

Unwrap your bar, turn it upside down on a chopping board.

Cut it length ways with a sharp knife,

Then if you look closely you should see faint lines going widthways along the bar. Cut along thes faint lines, and you should have approx 30 tiny pieces.

Put these on your microwave turntable (ideally put some telflon paper on first if you have any) Make sure you lie the pieces on their sides so the fondant icing is around the sides of the pieces, not the top.

Microwave them for 1 minute 30 seconds (if you have a 800w microwave) less if yours is 1000w.

I love to watch them as they cook... you will see the tiny pieces expand to 3-4 times their original size. They won't turn brown unless you've microwaved them too long - then they are burnt!!!!

I find if I have a bar as it is.... it's eaten in approx 10 bites. Whereas I end up with loads of biscuits. In fact, I have now adapted my recipe so when cutting my bar up I get 50 tiny thin pieces... yes 50 pieces.. I still cook them for 1 minute 30 seconds and I end up with 50 mini lemon chewy biscuits.

I store them in an airtight tub in the fridge and take a tub with me whenever I go out, eg the pub, pictures, day out, work meetings, anywhere where there's a buffet etc. Ideal if you won't be able to mix up a food pack. Or..... sometimes I have a tub with a cuppa when I'm at home watching TV or blogging on this site. I love them... and think that's what's helped me on my LL journey so far... a food that I can chew/bite on.

I make sure I only have one bar worth of biscuits a day.

I tend to make all my bars into biscuits on the day I return home with my new supplies of foodpack/bars. So I have a shelf in my fridge with tubs of biscuits... all ready and waiting for me.. when I need them.

so folks will differ on should /should not, or whatever inbetween , but I read this and I got it, that I could make bars into biscuits and store them in air tight tubs and put one in my bag when I go out.

I hate drawing attention to myself if I am on a weight loss program
, but sometimes I do want to sit in bar or a food place with others and I do not want to begin mixing a shake in front of others..but it never occured to me to make CDbiscuits or CD crisps in advance! :D

the web is a wonderful place.

Hi Bel,

I think one of the best things about this diet is the no fuss aspect, and there you go being all creative and creating things with the mixes! LOL

MinnieMel

Hi Bel,

I think one of the best things about this diet is the no fuss aspect, and there you go being all creative and creating things with the mixes! LOL

MinnieMel

Mel.:p. yep that's me all over , but I kinda see things in terms of what works ( for me)not an ideal which I can't make work cos for me its all about weight loss. Nothing more or less.

I cannot drink 3 liquids a day and feel sane or sustain my program.

I need texture.
Some folk won't even drink diet pepsi cos its 'not allowed' and no way are they going to cooking up CD muffins or crispy chicken soup crisps with thier packs.

but me , I kinda like the fussing and fluffing and its still simple and streamlined because all I have in my kitchen is CD or CD type products and packs and an assortment of spices and flavourings...no point boring myself to finish line.I have a little recipie book also so I can remember what i did and what worked!

Now time for some egg-nog and peppermint shake with a hint of extra nutmeg.

I know, I am no angel. :devilangel: depending on how I look at it..but I'll be the first one to say to my self , zap those packs if it means staying on program .

Oh I agree - find out what works for you. I just can't be bothered to fuss with the stuff -- but then I have three other people to subject to my "creative cooking".

I made my son's friend a giant choclate chip cookie yesterday and made a frosting ring around the outer edge and smiley face in the middle -- then stuck a birthday candle on it (he was 20 yesterday). The cookie smelled soooo good -- but as it was a gift I couldn't taste it. (I did have leftover dough that I baked into cookies for my two -- but then that was an even number, no extras for me.)

MinnieMel

Hope everyone is alright..today is going to be busy, I have some bars now..and I'll be trying various cominations to see which works best as 'cookies' but even this morning waking up I felt a weight had been lifted.
:angel09:

A psychological weight that I did not know I had. I used to berate myself for being such a nibbler....the tension of feeling that there was nothing to nibble, 3 liquids only had been driving me crazy..
:17729:

I think when I seemed to move away from CD its because Ijust needed to nibble something, thats all...

not that i wanted to needed to eat..just a little nibble and I would have been fine...:break_diet:

it reminds me of the line from the poem

For want of a horse shoe nail..the kingdom was lost.

who would have thought it, a CD bar cookie, a Cd Pack muffin or crisp or some water flavouring jelly or mouse and the pressure cooker effect of this programe ahd just gone bye bye. what a relief.

:queen:

Hi Bel -- It is good to find what works for you. And, change it up if need be.

MM

Hi Everyone

had my weigh in this morning and thats another 13lb gone :) so pleased as i thought it wasnt going to be a lot. so 23lbs in 2 weeks am quite pleased about that, she said i need to now look at starting some gentle exercise to help increase the weight loss for next week,

There was some discrepancy with her scales and mine tho which is a bit puzzling, i've always weighed myself on my scales from day 1 so i take that to be accurate, but because i changed cdc's it means i am now being weighed on different scales than my first weigh in but we cant work out why there is such a big difference between her scales and mine.... anyway she's happy to use my scales from now on as thats what i've been following.

hope your all having a good week :)

Chelly said:
Hi Everyone

had my weigh in this morning and thats another 13lb gone :) so pleased as i thought it wasnt going to be a lot. so 23lbs in 2 weeks am quite pleased about that, she said i need to now look at starting some gentle exercise to help increase the weight loss for next week,

There was some discrepancy with her scales and mine tho which is a bit puzzling, i've always weighed myself on my scales from day 1 so i take that to be accurate, but because i changed cdc's it means i am now being weighed on different scales than my first weigh in but we cant work out why there is such a big difference between her scales and mine.... anyway she's happy to use my scales from now on as thats what i've been following.

Crikey Chelly, what a HUGE weightloss. You must really be noticing a new you. I only lost 4lbs this week despite doing the diet 100%, so pretty hacked off. Hoping for better this Monday.

I'm feeling really hungry tonight. I went to the Gym again today and it makes me starving!!

Have a great weekend ;-)

Hi Everyone

Hi there Chelly,

you are doing very well and I am glad you are pleased, so you should be..this is the thing about VLCD if one can just stick with it past the first week, the loss is simply rapid . Much joy to you and continued success, you'll be Miss slim in no time.

Bella

Hi All --

@Vonny, be sure to drink water before, during and exercise and cup of bullion sipped slowly really helps me with the hunger.

MM

Hi Teamies,

I hope to ret=work really good progress this week, believe it or not this is the first time in 12 days I have woken up and felt i am on London time zone. Not sure what this week will entail as a whole but I see a pedodmeter and i am packing my swiming custume with me..its a bit old fashioned and bit boring, but one day I shall fit suggly into a lavender bikini.....i really feel like walking...just walking and walking, I have so much in goingon in my head.

I am going to try different branch of WW this evening, this one is in a school hall so I suspect it does have a meeting, if not then there is one on tuesdays that i know for a fact is meeting led, but i prefer a monday weigh in.

I have my crisps for the day and I'll have a shake before I leave home. I am making those shakes really large with lots of crushed ice and sweetner.... so i'm fine.

Hi Bel --

That is a bit expensive, hopefully it is a good one.

How was the WW meeting?

MM

Too right it was expensive..but I said i would get one and so I did..the meeting was lovely and warm, no stairs a nice hall..wooden floors and easy to get too...but way too full, she could not cope with the queue even though she had helpers..it opened at 5.30 and when I left at 6.45 there was s still a long line , she gave a 20 mins talk which was quite insightful..basically this weeks theme was activity and the importance of activity to make the pro points programe work..she also spoke of making the activity fit withs ones life...

overall I'll keep going..what suprised me was that my clothed WW pm weigh in and my naked Kitchen am weigh in differed by only 1lb .

Bella

Back