The New Cinderellas

I really need to do something like WW for the instruction, motivation and support. It sounds like it was good evening despite the disorganization.

MM

Mel

a question, do you find that you can order the USA formual from the uk and that they will ship it? I as told when I called up thatthey won't ship outside the uk, so I shelp a a suitcase back each time I go.my next trip is in July ( the only reason I am leaving it so long is those ice cream palours! and I want to be at goal before I go)..but it would be so much easier if i could ship......what is the postage like?

Bella

Hi Bel,

I have the good fortune of having an American Mailing address. My husband is attached to the US forces here in the UK (he works for the US Gov't under contract) and so I can have things shipped to my New York military mailing address and then the US Gov't brings it the rest of the way to the UK. So, the postage paid is to New York and I am customs exempt.

I cannot order anything that is not for any of my immediate family members and have it shipped to my APO (and my husband is very "by the book") -- but I am going to be in Texas in April. If you order products and have them sent to my sister's address, I could bring them back with me and then bring them to you in London.

I have British friends who are forever having their other friend's husbands bring them back stuff from the States (people who travel over and back constantly in business).

MinnieMel

P.S. As I do not like Egg Nog -- no worries on my drinking your shakes! ;)

Thanks for the offer Mel, I have enough supplies for 18 weeks and I can mix it up with uk cd if forced ..and I would not burden you with the extra weight of the stuff....

Egg nog is an acquired taste, but I dunno why I love it , I love the orange too.

Did you know those fish pedicure fish have no teeth? what's the point of them then, where is the danger and drama if they are toothless ?

Did you know those fish pedicure fish have no teeth? what's the point of them then, where is the danger and drama if they are toothless ?

Oh, weird... so what do they do to get the skin off? Sand your feet with their scales?

Yeah... I was thinking Piranahas. (Did I spell that correctly?)

MM

Hi teamies,

hope everyone is doing well, I am ramping up the activity...it seems to me that everyone has their bug bears on the VLCD, mine where texture- taken care of by CD reciepes, support, taken care of by WW meetings and last and most personal constant really pyschologically draining ever present constipation taken care of by the small enema kit. So I am hoping to begin reporting loses..but most of all I really really want to get my moneys worth out of my peodometer so activity is the big issue...as I said it was interesting that the topic at WW was the importance of activity. Loving it.

Bella

this week I'll begin

Morning Bel --

With what you paid for the pedometer it should do your walking for you. :)

I have charged the battery for my camera and am going to go on the "walk and shoot" and see what today's assignment is.

I am supposed to go to Aquafit with my neighbour but I suspect -- she'll give today and pass and maybe go one a week (Monday evenings). But, I will try to motivate myself to go on my own.

I hope everyone has a good "hump" day!

MM

Hi everyone, how are you doing?
Weight still going down, lost nearly 1.5 stone in total. Bought outfit today all in size 16 so down a size. Really pleased. People starting to comment which gives me motivation. Going to be naughty this weekend as we are away at party but on Sunday we pick up new puppy ((can't wait) so will be doing lots walking!! (&clearing up of puddles etc!!) should help with the weight. Hope you are all ok -Vonny ;-)

Hi everyone, how are you doing?
Weight still going down, lost nearly 1.5 stone in total. Bought outfit today all in size 16 so down a size. Really pleased. People starting to comment which gives me motivation. Going to be naughty this weekend as we are away at party but on Sunday we pick up new puppy ((can't wait) so will be doing lots walking!! (&clearing up of puddles etc!!) should help with the weight. Hope you are all ok -Vonny ;-)

Oh lets hear all about the puppy! Yep we are allfine, staying with and getting there a pound at a time . Do enjoy your party, its been ages since I have been to one. Not since I put on weight really. Well this year I intend to change that.

Bella

Morning Bel --

With what you paid for the pedometer it should do your walking for you. :)

I have charged the battery for my camera and am going to go on the "walk and shoot" and see what today's assignment is.

I am supposed to go to Aquafit with my neighbour but I suspect -- she'll give today and pass and maybe go one a week (Monday evenings). But, I will try to motivate myself to go on my own.

I hope everyone has a good "hump" day!

MM

Mel,

I have not dug out my camera yet, but I would not want to take photos to an assignment, but i do want to get back into taking photos when I walk.

The pedo thing I am getting used to, I walked the required point on it yesterday and I do like the way it starts from a new balance of steps to be walked each day

I put it by my phone cos I forgot it one evening I went out and lost out on the recording.

Another thing about walking, I am aware of how little I can carry in my back pack if I want an effective day of walking about. A heavy one, even with my lighter netbook slows me down after a while. A netbook, a few books and a note pad and I am not serious about walking. So traveling light seems to be the thing.

do you double up on your socks and stretch and all those other good things that books on walking say ought to be done?

Hi Bel,

I have some special shoes (Sketchers Shapers) for walking. My younger sister -- who is an aviation physiologist and older sister who is a Nurse Practioner swear by them. I wear a single pair of thick socks -- as my feet get hot.

I do not have to stretch as by the time I start walking I have been bending and twisting with unloading the washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. LOL Plus, I have hypermobile joints, so I am ALWAYS flexible (9 of 9 on the hypermobility scale).

I do carry water to sip as I go along. I dress in layers and wear a head scarf and gloves (most heat is lost through your head and hands).

I usually take the little dog with me when I walk -- if it is a walk with DH and DD then we clip right along and little dog goes like the "Little Engine that Could". If I am walking with my neighbour then it is a slower more leisurely pace. If it is just me and little dog somewhere in between the two. If on a treadmill -- then at the rate of about 4.5 miles per hour and on a slight incline. I start at 1.5 move quickly to 3, then to 4.5, briefly up it, back to 4.5, then cool down. I end up doing about 3 miles in under an hour. Not a stellar pace -- but I am using a slight incline. I think the incline helps tone the bum.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
wow Mel, your walking is like a military operation, all kitted out and trusted companion..me, if I get out its me a bundle and making sure I look no one in the eye!

I have a new tool....aka very secret weapon

le teaspoon
Nuovo+Milano+Teaspoon+by+Ettore+Sottsass.jpg

Makes those yummy cd mouse concoctions go further.

wow Mel, your walking is like a military operation, all kitted out and trusted companion..me, if I get out its me a bundle and making sure I look no one in the eye!

LOL -- Didn't I tell you that I am a WoodBadge Trained Boy Scout Leader? (That is the highest level of US adult leader training). Be Prepared!!!!

MM

Teamies,
I don't have a TV, so I rely on BBC Iplayer, but I have now found out that Biggest loser Uk is on ITVplayer on line ,so I can watch it in the mornings for inspiration. I actually love the ferocity of the work outs, it just what I need to see going into next week.
Bella

Hi Belle -- Can you watch the USA ones on iplayer. A lot of people posting on MM seem to like those better.

Mel

Hi Mel I have gone to the BL USA site and there are quite few full episodes there as well. I like Gillian alot ... .its make for compelling .a.m viewing in the back ground as I write my posts..but they are not showing up as watchable in the UK

Bella

Hi Bel,

I think this B.L.U.S. Gillian is one who made the Shred DVDs that a lot of Miminimers (MMers) are using and posting about -- I have the "30 DAY Shred" in my "cart" on Amazon.com, but as I have a Zumba Wii game I have yet to open, I will wait until I have an order of $25.00 or more that qualifies for FREE SHIPPING (my two favourite words since I moved overseas). LOL

MM

Back