The New Me in 2010

blue77

Hi all my name is Kerry am 32 well only for a few more weeks till my 33rd .

I have struggled with my weight since i had my first daughter almost 12 years ago. Its been going up over the years am at my biggest wait at the moment 17st 2lb.
Over the years i have tried every diet in the world i loose around 2 st and then start putting it on again.

I started Xenical 30/3/2010 found this week so far so good am due back at the doc,s in a month and am not going to weigh myself until then .

I need to get weight of due to health and to make me feel good about myself again .

My best friend since i was 4 is getting married in August and am on the wedding AHHHHHHHHHH.
There is 5 of us on it and they are all skinny !!!

Last year i got 2 stone of but havent been well so going for tests, worring = eating . Still going for test and worring but really want to stop the eating !!!!!!

Any tips on food or anything would be great .

Good luck to all xxxx

Last edited:
Hello Kerry, and welcome :)
First things first.....you must have some willpower to be able to wait a month before getting weighed :eek: Most of us struggle to wait a week, I know I do!
Now I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself too often, but maybe you could have a sneaky peek after a week or a couple of weeks, just to see how you're doing (as long as you've got a starting point on your own scales as well as the doctors - some scales can be up to half a stone different than others!)
The reason I say that is because weighing yourself and seeing a loss gives you encoragement to keep going, and also, if you're going wrong somewhere and you're not losing, there's plenty of time to turn it round before you go back to the doctors!

So, onto food. We all do different healthy eating plans here. I count calories myself, others do Weight Watchers and Slimming World, and some people just watch the fat content in their food.
With Xenical you must eat foods that are less than 5% fat (5g of fat per 100g of food - it's usually listed on the packet) and you must ALSO not eat more than 15g of fat per meal. If you stick to that rule, you shouldn't be troubled with the side effects.
I find that I need to do more than just watch my fat intake to lose weight, so I count calories too. It's second nature to me, so I don't calculate rigidly, but if I didn't do that, I might find that I was eating too many sugary/carby foods that may not cause problems on the Xenical, but would still slow the weight loss down.

For breakfast, I always have porridge so can't really help much with ideas there! I find it's the only thing that fills me up for longer than an hour or so!
I have soup most days at lunch time,but sometimes I have beans on toast, a small ready-meal, or a jacket potato. You could also have salads, pitta bread/wrap or a sandwchich with lean meat and loads of salad to fill you up.
In the evening I sometimes have ready meals (weight watchers lasagne and that kind of thing) but I bulk them up with extra veg, as they don't fill me up on their own.
I also bulk cook things like mushroom risotto, vegetable chilli, or spaghetti bolognese, and freeze them in portions, so there's always something to grab. Stir frys are another quick and low fat option if you use the Blue Dragon sachet sauces, and the straight to wok noodles.

For snacks I have fruit, low calorie/fat cereal bars like Alpen Light, and occasionally SnackaJacks. I also have mini milk lollies, sugar free jelly and WW deserts after my main meal in the evening.

Well that's all I can think of at the moment, but I hope it helps.

One last tip for you....drink LOADS of water - like 2-3 litres a day if you can manage it. Xenical can make you a little bit constipated in the beginning, and drinking water will keep that at bay. It will also help you stay fuller for longer. I have mine with sugar free sqash, and I keep a big bottle with me at work or home, and drink it throughout the day.

Good luck Kerry :) And if you've got any other questions then just ask. We're a friendly bunch, and there's always someone around to help :D

Hi Alex thanks for all the great advice it has helped loads .
Havent got scales at home i find i bounce on and of them all the time and if i dont loose i eat again .
so will try and last a month fingers crossed .

Well done on your weight loss and good luck with the rest of your journey Talk soon xx

Thanks KB am glad easter is over it was hard with all the kids eggs in the house .

well done on your loss so far and good luck with the rest xx

love Kerry xx

finding it so had at the moment friends are still landing with eggs for kids and cakes for tea trying to say no but its so hard .
Wish easter holidays were over an we were back to normal !!!!!!!!!

When the holidays are over and you get back into your own routine hopefully you will find it much easier. You can remove all temptation from your house.

I left it a bit late to buy Easter eggs and was shocked to find all the shops were sold out of them:eek:

Before Easter there were mountains of Easter eggs in all the shops, where did they all go?

I'm hoping for some normality soon too, it's my Dad's 80th today and we are all going out for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate so perhaps some normality after that. Good luck!

Mini i ate al the eggs out of the shops lol .
Kittybling its my hubbys birthday on Sataurday and we are having a party in the house .
So come monday and the kids are back at school am walking the roads and emptying the house of all chocolate .
Wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Kerry xxxxx

my first week has been a total failure .
No eggs left thank god .

Kids at school and just had my special k am now heading for a walk here goes only 18 weeks till the wedding :eek: :eek: :eek:

We only fail when we give up altogether, and you're not doing that :)
Hope this week is a better one for you - Easter is such a tricky time to be dieting, so be kind to yourself and forget what's already happened, because we can't change that - we can only change what we do from this point on...
We CAN do this!! xx

Back