the odyssey of finding an underwire tankini [Moan]

i can't believe how difficult it is to find an underwired tankini. you would think that manufacturers would realise when womans assets are over a certain size that underwire would be imperative. I mean who would want they dirty pillows (ref to film carrie) down the sides of their armpits. but no! trying to find an underwire tankini in my size (40dd/e) is like trying to find the lost city of atlantis - a myth at best!!!

oh hum....

As a 36G I sympathise!!! Have you tried bravissimo or figleaves websites? Not sure about tankinis , but bravissimo are good for most swimwear in larger cups.

i have indeed and simplybe and the other usual suspects. A lot of these are sold upto size 38 - but as a 40 I don't want to try to squeeze into one as I am sure it would be hardly flattering. sardine and can come to mind.

Rigby and Peller? It'll cost you but they usually have bigger sizes from the US and in anything they sell, you KNOW the underwire will hold everything in place. You could phone them and ask, rather than waste a journey. Also Bravissimo are very good at telling you over the phone which styles come up larger or smaller than the label says. You could phone them and see if any of the tankinis might fit you - they take returns if you make a mistake.

I had the same problem recently i am a 38f and i could not find one eventually i got a panache one from additions! It was expensive £28 just for the top! But it fits like a glove! I cant wait to get swimming when we go on hols tomorrow!!!

Back