The other benefits of following SW

I was the same with the rennies, was having about 2 packs a week, cant remember the last time I had one now!

But the biggest change is the energy. I'm ashamed to say, my house was like a pit. I would do the bare minimum so the kids werent living in squallor, but it was far from a nice and tidy house. i'm a stay at home mother, so it was really effecting me, but just had no energy. Now, its bright and fresh!
I have more energy for playing with the kids.

Another bonus is, I am saving alot of money! We eat so much fresh fruit and veg, we can buy day by day and get the reduced fruit and veg as we eat them on the day we buy! We only pay full price for bananas!

My kids are eating so well too. Its great seeing them tuck into a big prawn risotto or beef noodles, full of veg.

I love Slimming World!!

I suffer badly with IBS but I have noticed an improvement since starting SW. I think it's a mix of eating better and drinking more.

Like some of the others, I also now find that if I have a takeaway, I end up with a dodgy tummy. A prime example was following a Chinese buffet at the weekend but I'll spare you all the details!!

The main thing for me is that I have so much more drive. A usual day for me used to be work, home, dinner, tv, bed. Now I squeeze so much more into my night, cleaning, walks, pampering myself, cooking from scratch or even just sitting down with a book, instead of slobbing in front of the tv for 5 hours, usually with sweets, crisps and biscuits! I find myself sitting at work thinking about how much I can squeeze into my night, I never would have done that before. Last night I decided to have a bit of a lazier night but by 8.30pm I was getting restless so decided to do a quick workout video. If someone had told me 6 months ago I'd be doing things like that I'd have died laughing!

My blood pressure was a tad high before, and now its normal.

Mine was pre-hypertension with a family history of high blood pressure. My BP dropped very quickly. Despite being still very overweight my BP normalised at about four stone gone. I now have a resting heart rate of about 60 to 65 bpm, and blood pressure of about 110/70.

i think my bp before i started was 133/98.

You need good fats to remove the plaque that blocks arteries And causes raised cholesterol and then heart disease. My cholesterol has got worse on sw so need to be swapping some hex's and using some syns better.

But my ibs is massively better now. :)

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go
So what good fats can I eat?

Im using filippo berio light and mild tasting olive oil for frying and roasting. I was originally using bertoli olive oil( syning) but find this spray better. =)
Thank you ill put that on the shopping list

Mine was pre-hypertension with a family history of high blood pressure. My BP dropped very quickly. Despite being still very overweight my BP normalised at about four stone gone. I now have a resting heart rate of about 60 to 65 bpm, and blood pressure of about 110/70.

i think my bp before i started was 133/98.
well mine was 145/90 so would have got to pre hypertension. That's what scared me into losing weight in the first place, I thought I'm gonna end up with diabetes and everything so I just joined slimming world. Best thing I've ever done!

So what good fats can I eat?

Thank you ill put that on the shopping list

well mine was 145/90 so would have got to pre hypertension. That's what scared me into losing weight in the first place, I thought I'm gonna end up with diabetes and everything so I just joined slimming world. Best thing I've ever done!

Olive oil, almonds, oily fish like sardines :(
Eggs (which we get free anyway) avocado

So I'm swapping cereal bars for olive oil see if that helps

I love not having that lethargic feeling that I get when I binge on crap. Its amazing how good food with plenty of frui/veg and not too much sugar makes you feel so much healthier

Brilliant hearing how many of you have lower blood pressure now, such a big step towards a healthy future! The cholesterol thing is interesting as mine actually came back slightly higher than usual this year since following slimming world (although still in the normal range, just high for me), so I've been thinking more carefully about what I eat and having a bit less bacon, eggs etc.

I do find I'm saving lots of money too - in two ways: 1) I'm planning menus every week and only buying what I need so my shops generally cost less and I don't throw away as much, so a double benefit!, and 2) because I'm drinking less because I don't want to waste my syns on alcohol unless it's a rare big night out (in which case I flexisyn and really go for it haha!) :D

I love not having that lethargic feeling that I get when I binge on crap. Its amazing how good food with plenty of frui/veg and not too much sugar makes you feel so much healthier

Me too, I used to eat so much that I'd have to take myself to bed because I felt so tired and sick, why did I do it to myself?!

Olive oil, almonds, oily fish like sardines :(
Eggs (which we get free anyway) avocado

So I'm swapping cereal bars for olive oil see if that helps

Going to get the olive oil spray deffo, and ill try and eat more mackerel/tuna (hate sardines and salmons ewwww) I eat lots of eggs. Don't like avocado though lol thank you :)

Going to get the olive oil spray deffo, and ill try and eat more mackerel/tuna (hate sardines and salmons ewwww) I eat lots of eggs. Don't like avocado though lol thank you :)

Hex b nuts almonds particularly

I'm not worrying right now, as my cholesterol is still normal just the good to bad ratio has gotten worse but I'm going to swap my hex up loose more weight and when I'm near to target test again and see might be that I can use olive oil once I'm at target. They suggested I go to a full Mediterranean diet which is full of fat (good fat) but I think it's hard to do this with weight to loose

Hex b nuts almonds particularly

I'm not worrying right now, as my cholesterol is still normal just the good to bad ratio has gotten worse but I'm going to swap my hex up loose more weight and when I'm near to target test again and see might be that I can use olive oil once I'm at target. They suggested I go to a full Mediterranean diet which is full of fat (good fat) but I think it's hard to do this with weight to loose

I don't think the mediterranean style diet helps with weight loss. But it'll be great to follow once at target if you wanted. I'm going to asda this morning before work to buy some spray oil and tinned mackerel lol

Just read up that almond milk is very good it contains no cholesterol unlike cows milk we can have it as a hexa I believe

Hehe! :giggle:

For your nails, try soaking them in extra virgin olive oil for about 15 minutes a day for around a month xx

Thanks for that tip. I might try it but not with olive oil. Perhaps vitamin E or some other oil from a pharmacy.

The reason is that a few years ago I did a clinical trial that shows olive oil damages the skin. I had to apply the oil to my arm for a period and after the testing it was much sorer than the other arm.

You definitely should avoid using products made with it on babies.

I only rejoined on Tues and already feeling better after 5 days. I'm going to the loo more regular too which is great as in the past I have suffered badly with piles. Sorry for that but it's true lol! Thankfully I've been great since rejoining :)xxx

Back