The Power of Quorn

TazS

On a totally different note, Im currently on the Green diet plan and i keep gettin told by people (esp the Mother) that im not getttin enough quorn into meals to help speed up the weight loss.

Am i totally wrong in thinking that quorn doesnt significantly make a difference like superfree foods does or is this the missing link in my diet?

Is Quorn really that powerful? :rolleyes:

I have been a veggi since I was 9 and Quorn has been with me through fat and thin (well never thin - normal weight! lol)

In my opinion Quorn makes no difference to weight loss - SW says you can have it free but it is not superfree so always go for superfree foods first......

It comes back to the whole '1/3 of your plate should be superfree'. That REALLY works - I think (having been on and off slimming world for the last 4 years) If you pig out on syn free chips, spag bol with no veggi's and generally 'free' foods and have your 105 syns per week you can expect 1 pound weight losses. However if you do 1/3 superfree and eat the superfree before the free and have 70 syns a week your looking at 3-4 losses.

My consultant always says the first option is the 'B' road (you will get there but slowly) or the second option is the motorway........

Hope i have helped and not just babbled - in short - I don't think it will speed up anything

I love Quorn, but gives me wind :eek:. Nothing to suggest that is speeds up losses though, but does speed up people walking out of the room :D

i use quorn alot and i have found if you make chilli or bolo with it, it tastes better after a night in the fridge mmm

Quorn is a speed food if I remember rightly. In the dim and distant days before I became a veggie I always lost more weight the weeks when I sustituted meat for quorn. Not scientific proof I know but it definitely worked for me!

it is also superspeed on the ee plan

I stand corrected - It does have an 's' next to it in the book as well as fibre and generally good healthy eating - I eat quorn or the time and it doesn't give me speedy weight losses :(

Scals said:
I have been a veggi since I was 9 and Quorn has been with me through fat and thin (well never thin - normal weight! lol)

In my opinion Quorn makes no difference to weight loss - SW says you can have it free but it is not superfree so always go for superfree foods first......

It comes back to the whole '1/3 of your plate should be superfree'. That REALLY works - I think (having been on and off slimming world for the last 4 years) If you pig out on syn free chips, spag bol with no veggi's and generally 'free' foods and have your 105 syns per week you can expect 1 pound weight losses. However if you do 1/3 superfree and eat the superfree before the free and have 70 syns a week your looking at 3-4 losses.

My consultant always says the first option is the 'B' road (you will get there but slowly) or the second option is the motorway........

Hope i have helped and not just babbled - in short - I don't think it will speed up anything

Thanks for this helpful tip..... Will try & stick to 10 syns & see how this works. Fingers crossed.

Yep, it's made from mycoprotein, a delicious filamentous fungus (Fusarium venenatum)!

As a vegetarian I ain't got much choice but to have it instead of meat/fish. I like Tesco's version of the quorn stuff better though, their Meat-Free stuff is nicer.

As it's a good source of protein for me, it had better not hinder my SW diet!

Back